Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:59:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Crowdfunding platform  (Read 256 times)
colliewuh (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:13:07 PM

Looking to launch a new crowdfunding platform that does take crypto, but does not cater to the ico crowd( ie no ico projects). It will act more as a traditional Kickstarter/indegogo. Currently own the domain jumpbtc.com and currently setting up the site to take coinpayments.com. Will set up system for KYC and AML to be compliant.

Would like suggestions on which cryptos to take for crowd funding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:50:44 AM

I would suggest Burst as a big supporter of the project lol. But we are only a small community and we cannot bring the needed volumes to make your site successful.

That said, the best coin for a website like yours will always be BTC.
Rhegar011

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:31:24 AM

what sort of projects you are planning to list? you need a niche to begin with. going broad is strict no-no. also since you are using coinpayments, i think you can take fiat as well as top coins. also since you are planning to cater to non crypto market, a good feature for your platform could be crypto to fiat liquidity for founders who are raising money to liquidate their crypto into cash.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 10:49:49 AM

I would just support the most popular cryptocurrencies, but also fiat. No point in leaving a bunch of potential user out by not offering fiat payments/deposits. 
Just take a look at the existing crypto crowdfunding platforms, they're not at all that popular.

You need every possible user that you can get, the market is dominated by Kickstarter and Indiegogo.

MVT_Freedom

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:33:10 AM

Why start your own crowdfund platform? Why not ask an existing crowdfund platform if they would be open for your idea on their platform
AugustBreed

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:54:03 PM

Why start your own crowdfund platform? Why not ask an existing crowdfund platform if they would be open for your idea on their platform

This sound much like a good idea until when you realize that the biggies can turn you down and still go ahead and integrate your idea into their own platform. This space is decentralized, it almost like a free for all.
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:05:42 AM

Ethereum with it's DApps ecosystem should be right at the top of your priority list. Also, BTC as the other post says. Maybe, if newer coins like NEO and EOS are offering anything better than ETH, you could have a look there too. No sense though in accepting too many, that too unknown or scarcely traded coins; especially the ones that get inflated at the founders' every whim.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 914

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:28:07 PM

People won`t trust a crypto crowdfunding platform.Such platform has too many ways to turn into an exit scam.How can you control what kind of people will post projects on your platform and are they legit enough?
Can you mention any unique features that will make your crowdfunding website to "stand out from the crowd"?

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:22:51 AM

People won`t trust a crypto crowdfunding platform.Such platform has too many ways to turn into an exit scam.How can you control what kind of people will post projects on your platform and are they legit enough?
Can you mention any unique features that will make your crowdfunding website to "stand out from the crowd"?

Yeah. There are also already decentralized crowdfunding platforms like in NXT or in Burst but none of them have created something valuable. What those crowdfunding projects really do is spam the blockchain and use up valuable space.

In Burst yesterday, it forked the blockchain and nodes were unable to sync because of a crowdfund's bad signature.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 5604

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:27:48 AM

This sound much like a good idea until when you realize that the biggies can turn you down and still go ahead and integrate your idea into their own platform. This space is decentralized, it almost like a free for all.
A crowfunding that isn't an ICO must be 100% centralized and will require a quite high reputation to be successful.
Let's see how the OP's Team can manage to make a new type of decentralized crowdfunding platform without mimicking the (stocks') IPO.

Asking an existing "Kickstarter" platform is still the best idea that establishing a new one, unless you got a lot of resources for advertising.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
colliewuh (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:32:10 PM

Thanks,
You guys all gave good critique and info.
So Know Your Developer Coin will help me with verifications of projects as well as my own internal workings. Let me know what you guys think about that. Yeh there are bigger people in that space, but they are strictly ICO. I want non ICO projects.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:45:52 PM

I’ve always wanted to create a new crowdfunding platform and have drawn up plans based on many failures I’ve found with the current options available.
If this is something you are serious about, please PM me and we can discuss this further.
time2.coffee

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:44:44 AM

I think biggies always advance & your idea lies on a surface, so you will not loose anything telling them - but hear an opinion of people who have experience in your area.
But I think there should be some more new stuff, other than just crowdfunding platform accepting bitcoin - to outstand from competition.
Diane757Clarke

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:51:15 AM

How to raise capital successfully? Do I want to share more about my expectations, who can give me some advice?
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:11:29 AM

How to raise capital successfully? Do I want to share more about my expectations, who can give me some advice?

Instead of posting something that may not be strictly relevant to this thread, you should post an entirely new topic for your idea. Also, you will need to phrase it better, and have some catchy, click-baity Subject title that forces the reader to open and read, and to post a significant reply full of valuable insights that can propel your idea forward.

Feedback received on this Bitcointalk forum has helped several people and projects to become successful. So, apply your mind, and spend some time to carefully construct your post.
Torontello

Activity: 331
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:41:26 AM

Looking to launch a new crowdfunding platform that does take crypto, but does not cater to the ico crowd( ie no ico projects). It will act more as a traditional Kickstarter/indegogo. Currently own the domain jumpbtc.com and currently setting up the site to take coinpayments.com. Will set up system for KYC and AML to be compliant.

Would like suggestions on which cryptos to take for crowd funding.

I think you should think twice about why your service is needed. Kickstarter/IndieGoGo could easily add the functionality to take crypto, set KYC and AML, etc. Moreover, these competitors already have a big audience and community.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: