Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:19:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gox price is and volitility fucking nuts.  (Read 1035 times)
jhansen858 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:57:55 PM

Either I just missed out on the biggest profit of the year or I'm going to be so glad I pulled my money out when I did. 

I had over 25k with a huge buy order at 250 which had been sitting there for months.  Last week I decided to cash my money out and put it in cold storage.  My order would have gone through had I just waited one more week for a 400% return.

Now, look at the trade volume and price.  WTF is going on behind closed doors over there.  Some crazy shit is going down.  It really strikes me as odd that all this would happen on the very week that silkroad 2.0 "gets hacked"

Has there been any info release as to where those stolen coins have gone?  Is it possible to track?  My conspiracy theory says that the reason gox is so low is that those coins are getting dumped right now at the same time all this panic is happening to distract from whats really going down over there. 

Is this all part of the master plan of the unknown silkroad 2.0 hackers?

If it can be verified that those coins are directly related to the silkroad 2.0 wouldn't that make them subject to forfeiture.  They have already done it once. 

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
CryptoVortex

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:41:35 AM

First of all, it's not coincidence that the craziness at MtGox and the debacle at Silk Road 2.0 occurred at about the same time.   Gox's announcement about the transaction malleability "bug" provided either a method to bleed SR2 dry or (relatively) plausible deniability for an inside job by one or more of the Silk Road 2.0 site operators.

Second, the number of bitcoins stolen from Silk Road 2.0 is nowhere near sufficient to account for the decline in prices at MtGox since then.  The cumulative volume on Gox is well over 100,000 GoxBTC just since the flash-crash that occurred right around midnight on the night of Feb. 13 / morning of Feb. 14, which some were inclined to attribute to the SR2 thieves dumping their coins.  Only 4000 BTC were stolen from Silk Road 2.0. 

I certainly agree that the volatility at Gox is nuts.  Quantitatively, though, I think it's far crazier than you're giving it credit for.  Unfortunately, I am skeptical that any legitimate market activity can fully explain the decline at Gox.  Internal market manipulation by Gox, e.g. misrepresentation of the number they have on hand ("printing GoxBTC"), could explain it.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:12:55 AM

Either I just missed out on the biggest profit of the year or I'm going to be so glad I pulled my money out when I did. 

I had over 25k with a huge buy order at 250 which had been sitting there for months.  Last week I decided to cash my money out and put it in cold storage.  My order would have gone through had I just waited one more week for a 400% return.

Now, look at the trade volume and price.  WTF is going on behind closed doors over there.  Some crazy shit is going down.  It really strikes me as odd that all this would happen on the very week that silkroad 2.0 "gets hacked"

Has there been any info release as to where those stolen coins have gone?  Is it possible to track?  My conspiracy theory says that the reason gox is so low is that those coins are getting dumped right now at the same time all this panic is happening to distract from whats really going down over there. 

Is this all part of the master plan of the unknown silkroad 2.0 hackers?

If it can be verified that those coins are directly related to the silkroad 2.0 wouldn't that make them subject to forfeiture.  They have already done it once. 

MTGOX was due for some "crisis" to emerge as they have been shown to be incompetent in every aspect of running an exchange.

The SR 2.0 "hack" likely was not a hack and just the owner trying to use the T.M. issue as an excuse to claim his site was "hacked". I mean no one can really prove him wrong unless you had access to his servers and logs to see what actually happened. And even then you wouldn't be 100% clear if he did or didn't.

Scammers are among the crypto community and in full force.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:14:58 AM

MTGOX was due for some "crisis" to emerge as they have been shown to be incompetent in every aspect of running an exchange.

You pussies are royals. I'd like to see you run a fucking exchange so we can laugh at your dumb ass.

Be humble!
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:22:04 AM

You pussies are royals. I'd like to see you run a fucking exchange so we can laugh at your dumb ass.

Obvious logical fallacy is obvious. One's ability to criticize a business does not depend on one's ability to carry out that form of business.

Example: If I hire a plumber, and he does a shitty job, leaves a mess everywhere, fucks everything up, and I have to hire another plumber to do the job correctly, I can leave a negative review on the internet criticizing him. I do not have to be a plumber to do this. If someone responded "I'd like to see you install a fucking hot water heater so I can laugh at your dumb ass" it would be just as asinine as your comment above.

-10 internets for you, bucko.  Roll Eyes

P.S. Gox Sux. Cool
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:42:55 AM

There is no fallacy, woman. I want you to run one so I can criticize your dumb ass. I don't need experience to run one to know it's not a piece of cake. I tend to cut some people some slack when criticizing them on something I couldn't do myself, especially in using a cutting edge currency that has protocol issues beyond my control with every hacker on the planet out to get me.

Be humble!
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:57:43 AM

There is no fallacy, woman. I want you to run one so I can criticize your dumb ass. I don't need experience to run one to know it's not a piece of cake. I tend to cut some people some slack when criticizing them on something I couldn't do myself, especially in using a cutting edge currency that has protocol issues beyond my control with every hacker on the planet out to get me.

Roll Eyes

That about sum this guy up?
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:05:31 AM

Be humble!
derpinheimer
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:25:48 AM

Do you have any idea how much money people have lost due to the incompetence at Gox?
Personally, it hasnt cost me shit. Unless they never enable withdrawals, then the <$1000 I have there is gone. But, many people have lost most of their investments due to them. Because they intentionally make BS press releases that cause panic. And they've done it before. And they'll do it again. They are scum.
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:32:54 AM

Do you have any idea how much money people have lost due to the incompetence of the Federal Reserve US Government?

Be humble!
derpinheimer
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:35:41 AM

Do you have any idea how much money people have lost due to the incompetence of the Federal Reserve US Government?

Not relevant.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:40:07 AM

It looks like you may be justifying the bad things MtGox does by pointing out others who do bad things too.  That argument falls apart at first inspection, even before it's robustly debated.
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:41:28 AM

If they all sucked as badly a Gox, I would be inclined to agree.  But they don't, and Gox has been around longer than any of them.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:10:56 AM

its one thing if they suck at their job.... but by not halting trades, or if they are being intentionally unscrupulous is a different story.  i guess they don't really give a crap they still making their trade fees
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: