Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:02:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 200+ GPU in a container - Cooling possible ? Some Feedbacks ?  (Read 489 times)
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 07:09:36 PM

Hi all   Cool

I would like to get some feedbacks (if there are) of data system cooling engineers or pro miners that already thought or created a small GPU mine in a container ?

I've looked at the Envion one (https://www.facebook.com/envion.org/videos/envion-mobile-mining-operations/1930469803947689/). They have a clever passive cooling solution for asics as they plug tubes and pipes directly at the exhaust of each asic but they do no show their plans for GPU mining rigs.

for 200 to 250 GPUs I was thinking of 3 cased fans at the bottom 50cm or 60cm (20 or 24 inches) each on one side of the container that would drag the outside air inside and 3 others at the roof that would suck the air out. Note that container might be in a sheltered place that have temperatures arrround 5 to 10 degrees C (41 to 50 F) . What is your opinion ? What would you do to cool such a massive rig ?

Also what about the air condensation ?

The cold is not a problem at all (Confirmed at temps above -27C outside). Except for you plan to place the container at far north.
To keep GPU temps below 70C the incoming air temp should not exceed 35C under the corresponding air flow. There are enough information about how to calculate the airflow. It's generally depends on total rig heat producing.

About air condensation: The condensate can appear on ONLY COLD surfaces. GPUs / ASICs are HOT when working

Yeah, I dunno why condensation comes up so much. Cold surface, cools the hot, moist air, precipitation formeth. Hot chipset, no moisture.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: