Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:51:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Escrow question  (Read 1219 times)
fighter

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:08:58 PM

There should be a website for escrow, something a script should handle not a person.

im trusted and do free escrow

I am not trading just yet but when I am I might contact you to set something up.

I think he wasn't being serious.

He seems to know what he is doing and I don't think I could trust a script or a website to handle the money just in case that got hacked beucase I'm sure it would be a big target for hackers.

I was thinking a website of the level of PayPal.
MakeBelieve (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:12:25 PM

There should be a website for escrow, something a script should handle not a person.

I am not trading just yet but when I am I might contact you to set something up.

He seems to know what he is doing and I don't think I could trust a script or a website to handle the money just in case that got hacked beucase I'm sure it would be a big target for hackers.

Paypal wouldn't do escrow for Bitcoin I don't know any big websites/companies which offer escrow services for Bitcoin if you know any please let me see them.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:44:51 PM

Paypal wouldn't do escrow for Bitcoin I don't know any big websites/companies which offer escrow services for Bitcoin if you know any please let me see them.

He meant like PP not Paypal itself. There are Bitcoin escrow companies, but it's probably better just to use a very trusted member of these forums.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 04:46:24 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 04:17:00 PM by bitpop

MakeBelieve (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:18:10 PM

I'll research up PGP now because it sounds useful for any purpose not just for escrow holders any one got any useful guides?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:22:00 PM

I'll research up PGP now because it sounds useful for any purpose not just for escrow holders any one got any useful guides?

Try youtube.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:31:11 AM

whats stopping the escrow holder from running and not returning any of the amount that was deposited what makes someone trusted and who would you recommened as a escrow?

Nothing but their reputation, so I'd check for evidence of that and trade history first. Somebody who has done hundreds of trades and has held on to 100s of Bitcoins at a time probably isn't going to run off with your Bitcoins.

hm.....and TF ran away with 4000 coins.... Sad
troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:56:58 AM

The thing is that you need someone to trust. If you can trust your seller than its ok. If not then you have to trust some other person to get the things done. If you think the escrow will take your money then don't use that escrow.
Look for feedback and comments.
Hilaryclok

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:05:43 PM

4000 coins in a few time
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: