Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:04:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and The Crashing Game  (Read 3546 times)
AlexGR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:55:01 AM

Bitcoin and The Crashing Game

If you are reading this after the latest “bad news” that drove Bitcoin to lose another 10% or more of its price, maybe you should be informed of the fundamentals regarding its price manipulation.

“Price manipulation? What price manipulation? Is it rigged?”

Well, yes, it is rigged.

Newsflash: EVERY SINGLE MARKET ON THE PLANET IS RIGGED.

Interest rates and monetary supply? Rigged.

Precious Metals? Rigged.

Other commodities? Rigged.

Houses and land? Rigged.

Energy? Rigged.

Everything is rigged.

The only thing different is the method employed for fixing each market. Given all this market-fixing why would anyone believe that Bitcoin is beyond manipulation?

Initially Bitcoin hadn't attracted as much attention. But since people took it seriously and it came to threaten paper currency it naturally became a target of extremely powerful interests that had the need to control it, destroy it, or make people lose faith in the wider cryptocurrency ecosystem which is like burning the entire forest instead of just cutting down a tree. The people behind those powerful interests need to see people getting “burned” and bail. When they achieve that they can pat themselves on the back for keeping the sheep in conformity to the established system that is the only one “worthy” of people's trust. This established system is their system of hierarchical power, with them sitting atop the pyramid.

So what is the method employed for fixing the Bitcoin market?

Bitcoin was genius in its inception because it “trolled” the system against itself.

1) Who could argue that Bitcoin is worthless when its benchmark is paper currency that is even more worthless: Just a paper that does not correspond to gold or silver. On top of that it is issued to infinity instead of being rare and increasingly hard to acquire.

2) How could the elite control Bitcoin through financial instruments with “futures”, “shorting” etc without de facto legalizing it? How could they do that without giving Bitcoin a tremendous legitimacy and desirability boost if it is traded in the “big” markets?

3) How could they tax it without acknowledging it as having genuine value? If it is illegal then one cannot be taxed for it. If it is taxed then everyone can say “I'm paying my taxes and I am legally owning and using this”.

Yet, the absence of #2 (financial instruments) and the convenient gray areas of #3 (whether it's legal or illegal to own, trade, etc or whether its taxable or non-taxable) is the fertile ground from where the manipulation scheme arises.

In finance the second most desirable ability is knowing what is going to happen. However the most desirable ability of all is being in a position to actually control what is going to happen.

Most people are not ideally positioned to practice either ability. They live in a state where their financial moves are intertwined with uncertainty, fear, pressure, anxiety, hope, rational and irrational expectations given one's own understanding, etc. As such they are simple “dancers” to the tune that is played by those who control what is going to happen.

Those who control politics, economy and the media can, for all intents and purposes, create a “disaster story” or an “announcement” about Bitcoin every now and then. “The politicians took the X negative decision” or “the financial authorities tighten the rules for money laundering”, “the FBI raided that exchange” etc...

The dynamic is clear: “Quick, dump your coins so we can buy them from you for pennies”. The “sheep”, living in uncertainty about the grander design, naturally feel that they have to make a decision regarding the latest “news”. Do they bail, or do they stay? Knowing not what is going to happen, they have to balance their conservative side, their hopeful side, their greedy side etc. So some will be selling and sending the price down, creating avalanche-type ripples.

This process is repeated in cycles, as a long-term strategy, where the value of the coin is degraded temporarily for two-digit percentages in order for those who want to control the cryptocurrency landscape to be able to buy more Bitcoins without driving the price to astronomical levels. Such an increase in price would also increase the desirability factor which is the total opposite of the result they are trying to create with the frequent scares.

For those in power who want to control the BTC market, a starting capital of just 100.000 Bitcoins  and only 10% drops in price for each crash-cycle is enough to assure success in the long-run.

Starting Capital: 100.000 BTCs

End of Cycle 1 of scare tactics: 110.000 BTCs (+10% gained or 10.000 BTCs by the drop-cycle for cheap).
End of Cycle 10 of scare tactics: 259.000 BTCs
End of Cycle 20 of scare tactics: 672.000 BTCs
End of Cycle 30 of scare tactics: 1.744.000 BTCs
End of Cycle 40 of scare tactics: 4.525.000 BTCs
End of Cycle 50 of scare tactics: 11.739.000 BTCs (close to the total market supply right now)

This is just an illustration of how the mechanism works – it is expected that some will not sell their coins, especially as the supply of the “weak hands” is diminished. This will necessitate a more sinister approach with an even more deliberate attack on cryptocurrencies and even more negative news that have the potential to shake even the “stronger hands” with the rationale that “others will be selling too, even if I am not selling”.

The buying cycles of those who desire to control the BTC supply are performed through a mix of cash use and cash gained from dumping coins during the upward phase. As the numbers escalate it is increasingly difficult to dump, say, 5 million BTCs and preserve the uptrend and then, after creating the crash, to come and buy back 5.5 million. That's why cash/fiat is essential.

In the end, the accrual of a large quantity of BTC leads to controlling the entire cryptocurrency ecosystem due the trading of other cryptocurrencies in BTC. The BTCs that ended up to users of other cryptocurrencies that sold out their coins for BTCs will find their way back to the market controllers, sooner or later, through the scare mechanism. In this way an inexpensive way to control BTC and the alternate cryptocurrencies is achieved.

By controlling a large share of coins in cryptocurrencies (through owning a large BTC wallet) they can make sure that they are able to smash them at will and shatter people's confidence in them. This is more easily performed in alternative cryptocurrencies which are way more volatile and fragile than Bitcoin.

If you are asking “what to do about this?” I will tell you that it is up to you to decide how you utilize this information. It is also entirely possible that if most people become aware of how this strategy works, the strategy may be adjusted to something else.

For the time being the bad-news-game is being played massively and it is also building up characteristics of psychological conformity to an anchor/trigger situation where people are conditioned to react negatively and expect the worst based on prior events (that “seem” to repeat inside the market).

In a way, people are conforming to the same anchor/trigger pattern where a dog salivates when he hears the dish where his food is served. Every cycle of bad news-market crash will calcify an even deeper emotional sense of impending doom as the “anchor” and “trigger” mechanism are reinforced. Some will feel it as a panic, others may feel it in their gut etc. Awareness of how this works on one's own self is also useful although emotions are harder to reason with.

You can bookmark or share this with anyone you like and you can also contribute your own thoughts and experiences below. You can also make informative videos on YouTube explaining the situation of how some can dominate the BTC market and the alt-crypto ecosystem by simply controlling the flow of events and news/announcements etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
metoro

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:15:30 AM

This is silly.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:46:14 AM

Sounds like someone panic sold. HODL next time.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
mepsipax

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:42:42 AM

I completely agree with the OP, lots of Bitcoin market manipulating going on

TB2MDU-WEZH5M-ODG4FI-6TWSTO-VVLAKO-TVIZO7-4XCK
Spyrofix

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:47:59 AM

I love that panic-sellers.

After every BTC-crash - you can make much money while the currency is rising again!

So don't let infect with the panic-seller-virus  Grin

P.S: Invest in Nextgen-Coins! This IS the future!

For example wait and see what happens when NEM is completely developed  Wink
troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:10:52 AM

Wow! does any body even read this all. Yes manipulation is there. But not liked its rigged. You can't control it,  its your choice. If you want to go in these water its your choice, if you don't want its your choice. As simple as that.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:39:55 PM

There will always be some sort of manipulation in any trading market. It's just the way it is. Especially when there's greed involved?  People will always try to find an edge.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Spyrofix

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:15:13 PM

You can't prevent manipulation in any trading-market.
Mostly some big wales cheat the value of any crypto. Sadly speaking, they got the power to determinate the price buy selling and buying.
I hate this, too. Nevertheless preventing seems to me quite impossible.

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:20:32 PM

I posted a long time ago about this.

"they" being your NWO du jour - the fed, the ecb, the rothschild family(!) etc

I think they can, as seems to be their specialty, kick the can further down the road. It seems to me though that they cannot stop the tide.

I think their best bet would be to try and capture as much of the bitcoinmarket as possible. Buying up coins now is the short term method. The real key though, I think, is to invest in hashing power (whilst their dollars are still worth something).

In the medium term you then capture most of the mined transactions. In the long term you start to ream in the transaction fees.

In this endgame, nobody has enough BTC to buy up hashing power to compete. Transacation fees become the new 'tax'. Welcome to the future! It's the same as before Cheesy

That's why I am in it for the long haul, because it likely is the new money, and "they" are trying to ensure you have as little as possible of it.

I think gathering coins is playing out now and that is just a sideshow. I think gathering hash power won't become apparent for some time.

Course this is all just a "conspiracy theory"...

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 12:06:13 AM

The gold market is particularly rigged and impenetrable

Bitcoin's market is young, volatile and kind of complex

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:13:34 AM

If it is illegal then one cannot be taxed for it. If it is taxed then everyone can say “I'm paying my taxes and I am legally owning and using this.

This is not true in the US.  May seem strange to believe but taxes are due on all income even illegal sources.  Paying taxes on illegal sources doesn't somehow make it exempt.  In the US and many other countries the word legal or illegal isn't even mentioned in reference to taxes.  Taxes are due on income.  The IRS makes no qualifier beyond that.

Probably the most famous case (but certainly not the only one):
Following a long trial, on October 17 the jury returned a mixed verdict, finding Capone guilty of five counts of tax evasion and failing to file tax returns (the Volstead Act violations were dropped). The judge sentenced him to 11 years imprisonment, at the time the longest tax evasion sentence ever given, along with heavy fines, and liens were filed against his various properties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Capone#Conviction_and_imprisonment
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:29:59 AM

If it is illegal then one cannot be taxed for it. If it is taxed then everyone can say “I'm paying my taxes and I am legally owning and using this.

This is not true in the US.

In Sweden I think some guy went to court and had his tax debt cleared since he stated that all his income from the years he had been taxed for had been from illegal activities (Had several jail sentences to prove it) Since the state was not allowed to profit from illegal activities or something he won iirc.
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:12:28 PM

Well, even not in bitcoin. The event happens usually in stock markets. One message can raise good, or crash good.

I was interviewed, I stated market manipulation is one of major problem especially in bitcoin's exchanges as the Manipulation is a two-fold tool.  Can bring good such as bitpay with bitstamp, or Bring bad such as mtgox you mentioned.

Who wins this? Normally bankers.

AlexGR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:02:38 PM

The problem is not the news message per se. If it were, then it would be the same for everyone that would have to react to a given market where everyone would adapt on the same level. But the ruling elite CREATE the news. They own the money, the resources, the politicians, the bankers and the media. By creating events & news they are miles ahead of everyone else.

As I wrote earlier if knowing the future can be good in terms of financial investments, controlling the future is off the charts - and these actually people control the future and by association the market. They are literally kings of (any) market.

This is serious stuff because it's not a question of some "weak hands" losing. It's a multi-layered objective which intends

a) to acquire control of the BTC market for peanuts and without exploding the price of BTC through their buying (that would make everyone say "wow look at BTC, we've got to have some") through the cycling buyback process

b) to make BTC very volatile through controlling the future/news/political-economic decisions AND the coin supply (useful for creating dumping panics), thus making it unusable and untrustworthy as a currency. What you see in the news as "news", are carefully choreographed signals*.

c) to control all other cryptos through BTC, making them even more unstable and untrustworthy (BTC price going up & down + even more volatility of alt cryptos).

d) to make adopters "burn"

e) to shake off even "stronger" hands through planned events and news stories that escalate the attack to unbearable levels. Those who laugh at weak hands, there will come a day that your faith (even as an "expert trader" / investor / bag holder for years) will be tested and some of you will fold saying "ok, I need to bail" - unless you are already sitting upon a mountain of fiat + have a few thousands BTCs laying around. This is already planned and plotted as a gradual escalation and it's only a matter of time of how and when this will play out.

f) to eventually defame cryptocurrencies and then offer their own "solution" to the "problem", which will be centralized and "regulated", government issued / globally issued (by an association of nations), electronic currency.

* This process has been used in other markets as well, for example oil. Imagine the elite in a conference room with 10 "buttons" in their hand. One button is titled "refinery explosion". Another button is titled "rebels set oil rigs on fire in X third world country". Another is called "announcement of strategic reserves that fell/rose etc". Another is called "OPEC decision to lower/higher production". By pressing the appropriate "button" they activate the corresponding "scenario" which triggers the appropriate event and news story. In this way they make the market. They have already "played" the market before hand and when everyone else reacts to the news, it's already too late.

Essentially the news stories are just an excuse through which the game is played. Financial "analysts" and financial "reporters" try to associate a news story with what happened on the market and "explain" the recent market moves. For example, "oh yes the oil refinery exploded so the price of oil went up". Sounds convincing for most people... Few will THINK and say "ok, how the hell did a refinery explosion, which does NOT affect crude production in any way, can actually have any impact on price of crude?"... or "how the hell did rebel action in X third war country affect oil price so drastically when they are contributing a meager few thousand barrels per day?".

Oil is just an example. The same is done for energy (see the documentary of Enron where they created crises to pump price - but imagine this happening not on a lower-corporate level, but on the highest level of the plutocrats / oligarchs of this planet). The same is also done for gold. Take for example the news story of Cyprus selling their gold in 2013 - just 15 tons or so (which is the mining supply of two days with global mining output averaging 2500-3000 tons per year) that send gold crashing. And they didn't even sell it to begin with. Note that when the gold price was going down the actual metal (and not paper contracts) was hard to acquire physically in three quarters of the planet due to extreme shortages. The low price sent people to the stores to buy more gold and everyone run out of gold bars/coins etc, yet, "somehow", the price was ...crashing.

The same pattern of manipulation is hitting the BTC market for a few months, and it is not by the BTC-market players but from "high above". Only in methods is it different so the "buttons" that activate scenarios => events => news, that will sent BTC crashing are different than say gold or oil. The purpose of this manipulation is also different but the end-goal is always the same: Maintaining full financial dominance over the affairs of the planet and leaving no loose ends unmanaged (like BTC).
genco

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:28:49 PM

Your scenario assumes the old guard (bankers) want cryptocurrencies to fail...

Quite the opposite. The bankers will become anonymous whales of Bitcoin (like satoshi and the other whales).

So our new money supply will still be manipulated, only now it will be done by even more anonymous parties. I kind of think this is scary because at least with a central bank, the people can eliminate it through legislation (happened many times over US history, and will happen again if the Federal Reserve proves incompetent). so Bitcoin could turn sinister.
AlexGR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:58:21 PM

Your scenario assumes the old guard (bankers) want cryptocurrencies to fail...

Quite the opposite. The bankers will become anonymous whales of Bitcoin (like satoshi and the other whales).

So our new money supply will still be manipulated, only now it will be done by even more anonymous parties. I kind of think this is scary because at least with a central bank, the people can eliminate it through legislation (happened many times over US history, and will happen again if the Federal Reserve proves incompetent). so Bitcoin could turn sinister.

The old guard (bankers) want a centralized electronic world currency, something like Bitcoin, but that they can control / insert fees. They, along with the governments, want to control the people by controlling their wallets. Did you do something that we didn't like? Too bad, your wallet is frozen so you will not be able to perform transactions.

Bitcoin has pre-empted them.

NoWhammies

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:08:42 PM

How do you guys have the time to write all of this? I don't even have the time to read it.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:15:55 PM

is online poker rigged?  How come every time I have KK, someone else has AA?  haha
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:16:37 PM

How do you guys have the time to write all of this? I don't even have the time to read it.

You're whammy would be a perfect avatar for the "crashing game"  haha I used to love that show...
CalibrataBG

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:49:32 AM

I started like all the believers in bitcoin! I'm with bitcoin from when it was worth a dollar and ati just released GPUs good enough to mine for profit.
Over the years I truly believed that it's the next big thing ... crypto-currency. The future.

Well it's NOT! It's actually worst than fiat.
AlexGR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:09:43 AM

I started like all the believers in bitcoin! I'm with bitcoin from when it was worth a dollar and ati just released GPUs good enough to mine for profit.
Over the years I truly believed that it's the next big thing ... crypto-currency. The future.

Well it's NOT! It's actually worst than fiat.

Fiat, despite its widespread use and therefore larger degree of convenience, is the most bullshit type of "money" in terms of fundamentals.

Digital currency is certainly the future, however there are two forks down the road:

The elite wanted to create a digital currency for global use, with significantly different specifications:

a) Centralized
b) Inflated at will
c) Ability to monitor everything (what you do etc)
d) Ability to control everything (make individuals who do not conform to the power structure suffer by blocking their "wallets", therefore disrupting their ability to live an ordinary life)
e) Issued as debt - which means that it would directly, or indirectly, accrue profit for the issuer.
f) Ability to tax and implement fees for every transaction, so that in the long run, people would lose their shirts.

...Bitcoin disrupted their plans because it offered a way out to this nightmare-scenario. This means that attacks towards bitcoin are to be expected as natural. The elite will try to manipulate every single parameter to achieve their agenda, making adopters uncomfortable with the waves that they have to ride. People can either give up, admit defeat and bend over, or they can resist through the cryptocurrency evolution - whether it is through BTC or some other coins in the decades ahead.
imready2rock

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 09:53:49 AM

The gold market is particularly rigged and impenetrable

Bitcoin's market is young, volatile and kind of complex

100% agree with this statement ! The thread in my opinion is done to dissipate panic in our community

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: