Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:51:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use 2fa  (Read 300 times)
OluwaTosin10 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:09:08 AM

After numerous hacking claims regarding exchange sites and Myetherwallet
I thought to advice everyone to simply put to use ImToken app to control their Myetherwallet account

Then activate 2fa for every exchange site; all you have to do is

Download the google Authenticator app
Go to security and Authenticator settings

The site will generate a key for you ( FHFE3529KL8 ) ; copy the key, go to your auth app, click on the + sign, select add key. Type the name of the site, scroll to the next line and paste the key generated. THEN SAVE

You'll be seeing 6  digits codes every 5min or so. Use the code to login to the site.
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 10:36:47 PM

Thanks for your insight into this
Have got hacked about 3 or 4 times ; but I did this tonight upon reading your post
And the activation was smooth and easy

Thanks once again
OluwaTosin10 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:58:58 PM

Thanks for your insight into this
Have got hacked about 3 or 4 times ; but I did this tonight upon reading your post
And the activation was smooth and easy

Thanks once again

I’m glad this helped you today
Good luck
maiiyeuvo

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:17:02 PM

I'm also using Imtoken, I use it in parallel with Myetherwallet. I feel secure with it.
Imtoken is also a good option.

Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:18:27 PM

2FA is really useful in exchange site because even though they know your password or anything about your account / wallet they cant withdraw anything unless they can input the correct OTP pass of 2FA this is why it is a MUST in every exchange site you use.
xPotato_02

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:24:12 PM

Not everyone knows this, but lastpass also offers 2fa, which is better than google authenticator in my opinion
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 08:29:40 PM

I thought to advice everyone to simply put to use ImToken app to control their Myetherwallet account

The site will generate a key for you ( FHFE3529KL8 ) ; copy the key, go to your auth app, click on the + sign, select add key. Type the name of the site, scroll to the next line and paste the key generated. THEN SAVE

You'll be seeing 6  digits codes every 5min or so. Use the code to login to the site.

It is very vital to use 2fa for all exchanges website and other websites for secure use
But this is a very good outline regardless
Straight forward and steady

The procedures too is clear
I enjoy metamask though
abitgelluh

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:39:19 PM

thank you for your advice, I am still not much experience in trading and how to secure a hacker's account or wallet but with your advice I will be more careful and will use Two Factor Authentication in every exchange
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:40:28 PM

Yes 2fa is very good and it helps a lot as well
But we need and have to ensure to protect all accounts

Make good use of metamask
Make good use of ImToken and Myetherwallet
And observe you are always on the proper website
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:18:41 PM

Two Factor Authentication

Also known as 2FA, two step verification or TFA (as an acronym), is an extra layer of security that is known as "multi factor authentication" that requires not only a password and username but also something that only, and only, that user has on them, i.e. a piece of information only they should know or have immediately to hand - such as a physical token.

Using a username and password together with a piece of information that only the user knows makes it harder for potential intruders to gain access and steal that person's personal data or identity.

2fa is important to use when you are creating exchanges account or even other account through internet to prevent thief that can access to your private property or private account. Using e.mail two factor authentication is one of the simplest way to secure your privacy and identity.

Good definition of the google authentication
Do ensure always to protect your secret key code just in case you lose your phone device

So you do not lose your account as well
Good luck
DiamondsAndCoins

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:20:29 PM

I have been reading that 2fa can be hacked and has issue.  Much better than not having it.  I would utilize all available options for security that your exchange offers.  The only thing I would not do it a KYC check and send my documents and identity to have hacked later down the road.

lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:45:00 PM

I have been reading that 2fa can be hacked and has issue.  Much better than not having it.  I would utilize all available options for security that your exchange offers.  The only thing I would not do it a KYC check and send my documents and identity to have hacked later down the road.

I do not agree with 2fa been hacked
except this is done by your close friends.

Another alternative hacking process is when you link to a fake API app.
that can be dangerous.
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:03:39 PM

I'm also using Imtoken, I use it in parallel with Myetherwallet. I feel secure with it.
sorry maybe i'm a bit late with this, but to be honest i just heard imtoken and can you explain it and how does it work? can it be likened to metamask?
I am looking for a safe way to protect my wallet because at this time a lot of my friends who have lost their tokens.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 01:59:46 PM

sorry maybe i'm a bit late with this, but to be honest i just heard imtoken and can you explain it and how does it work? can it be likened to metamask?
I am looking for a safe way to protect my wallet because at this time a lot of my friends who have lost their tokens.

Yes it can linked
imtoken is an erc-20 tokens that allows you to add up over 2 eth wallet on a single app and you can control all operations on the app too ( which means you don't need to visit myetherwallet or metamask always )

download the imtoken app, import your details and set notifications on.
Thats all.
thaokhuyen08

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:04:24 PM

2FA is an imperative for security in the pre-encrypted market. When the legal and security systems are weak, perhaps 2FA will be a safe bet for investors' capital. But most importantly, human beings, if carelessness and human subjectivity lead to the opportunity for hackers to steal money and personal information.
OluwaTosin10 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:08:56 PM

Yes it can linked
imtoken is an erc-20 tokens that allows you to add up over 2 eth wallet on a single app and you can control all operations on the app too ( which means you don't need to visit myetherwallet or metamask always )

download the imtoken app, import your details and set notifications on.
Thats all.

Thanks for helping out a brother
That’s the basis of the forum

Sharing of Knowledge and acquiring  knowledge
gabriela1999

Activity: 299
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 02:19:39 PM

Another important note while using 2FA is that you have to save the backup code of 2FA can log the logs or store them in 1 usb.  In case of losing your phone or changing your phone.  We will easily reinstall 2FA.  Without backup code would be a big mess

██   ██████████████         1xBit.com     |     BENEFIT SEASON          ██████████████  ██
7 B T C   W E L C O M E   B O N U S
██                       P L A Y   N O W                       ██
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:29:29 PM

Nice pal . by the way guys this method is useful and it's really a big help especially to those who always suffering such  hacking issues. Because indeed  since i set up my  2 factors authentication or (2fa) my eth wallet become secured and there's no one can obtain  my private  information or can hack even though  i always browse in any suspicious link around internet It's very secured promise ,if i were you guys set it up right now to have secured wallet.  

superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:28:39 PM

I believe that two-factor authentication really helps to keep your savings safe, but you should understand that the exchange can be hacked and therefore it is also not the best way to protect your funds.
maiiyeuvo

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:56:14 PM

I appreciate the safety and privacy. Imtoken is the wallet on the phone. There are versions for iOS and Android.
In my opinion, you will not be bothered using it. You do not have to spend time importing UTC or using a prative key.
Also you can install TouchID for wallet.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: