Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:52:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use 2fa  (Read 300 times)
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:26:02 PM

Good to see that you share what you know and make this forum knowledgeable with 2FA. As per my knowledge 2FA is a very good security measure to make our accounts more safe and secured, the most secured feature as of now I can say and this has to be set to almost all your crypto related wallets and there are few other sites also has this feature and you can have this if you want your date to be secured.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:21:28 PM

I also think touch id is very good
but still google authentication is the best around and it ensures better 2fa security as well.
Hope we all prevent hacks and scam.
Pamahaw
Copper Member

Activity: 269
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:28:19 PM

2FA is really useful in exchange site because even though they know your password or anything about your account / wallet they cant withdraw anything unless they can input the correct OTP pass of 2FA this is why it is a MUST in every exchange site you use.
Absolutely this 2FA thing is a very helpful tool in protecting our wallet from hackers but as i have observed it is only used in centralized exchange. Why is it that they don't apply this on decentralized exchange? It would be a big boost to the security of our wallet if they apply this one.
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 01:26:33 AM

Thank you for the explanation regarding on how to use the 2 factor authenticator. Surely it will be a great help in order to secure an account to not be able to be hack or scam. It is a security that is needed to activate for the account to be safe.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:59:11 AM

Two factor authentication is more for exchanges and yes, you should always activate them.  I don't think it's available for wallets but I could be wrong.  Bookmark Myetherwallet to be safe and there's a plugin called MetaCert which also helps with blocking phishing sites. 
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:39:06 AM

2fa is exceptional to operation when you are contriving assembly count or level additional count down cyberspace to avert criminal that buildup to your concealed effect or concealed account.
Natusik

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:37:29 PM

I advise you to do as I do - save passwords from 2fa and make screenshots of QR code on Google disk. But before that, do not forget to install the 2fa code on your Google account!  Wink
sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:35:08 PM

This is true! But be very careful with 2fa. Be sure to save the backup code or have the same 2fa on the other device.
Once I lost the phone on which I was 2fa and as a result I lost all the money on my wallet.
It is impossible to restore 2fa!
saadat6868

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:35:32 PM

Thanks for insightful information I think this would help many of newbies as well as some of their school for guys around the main point for me is not to be lazy and always turn on 2fa, because this is our security.
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:39:01 PM

The reason i have adopted the idea of using 2FA is that, if you lost the device you used in creating it, you can restore it through your password. This is essential because of the incessant hacking of accounts on exchanges. Not exchanges alone, but also anything the needs security and enables the use of 2FA.
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:44:15 PM

Securing the current 2-step authentication is important because there are many cases where hackers attack e-wallets and steal the full amount of cryptos. So you can use Google Authenticator or Authy to install 2fa for any of your e-wallets to be safe, avoiding the loss of cryptos.
UIXID

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:15:25 PM

Ask this question in google there is a video instruction and it will be clear and understandable. Is it really that hard?

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───
Website◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸CoinMarketCap
valheru

Activity: 487
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:17:04 AM

I believe that 2FA is the best security development ever. It is a very simple system but as well is too effective and very easy to use. This system is really make feel the user in safe like an unbreakable system but it's not unbreakable. A hacker can change the device which connected to 2FA. In conclusion, do not leave your safety by relying on 2FA. Two-factor authentication cannot protect you from everything. No system is safe.

R.R.L.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:27:32 AM

2FA is a safe way to make our wallet account safe, because to access the wallet we need 2FA that tersembung to smartphone we have to receive password while the number of password always change change every 60 second. Each exchange will have 2FA different, such as through sms, google aunthenticator, and gmail depending on the exchange you use.
apityeh71

Activity: 476

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:53:57 AM

Use and activated 2fa for all account exchanges, email and others account is very important to avoid hack.  And when use it remember to keep in safe  the 16 digit code,  so when our android loss and damage,  will be easy to recover it. The code of 2 fa is automactly changed in every 30 second make more difficult for hacker to get in to our account. I hope this 2 fa will be added for Myetherwallet and other personal wallet.

Adreman23

Activity: 1366
Merit: 107

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:14:07 AM

2fa added more security to our accounts but always remember to always create a back up of  security generated  key  because incase your device damage, lost or stolen you can access again your 2fa in  other new  device.

OluwaTosin10 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:45:08 PM

2fa added more security to our accounts but always remember to always create a back up of  security generated  key  because incase your device damage, lost or stolen you can access again your 2fa in  other new  device.

Yes thats very good and straightforward, storing every information is vital and it ensures proper growth and development

So do ensure to always play safe
Thanks for your views
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:07:10 AM

I think interms of this it is better to used internet to provide a more assistance which can  ehlp you to put you in the right tract and understand all things regarding to this topic.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:57:45 PM

Not only security it makes to healthy knowingly that your wallet will never be hacked even if your phone is stolen or lost

Be relaxed when fixing 2fa and ensure to store your secret keys in a disclosed place
Good luck
Lisa110386

Activity: 1204

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:04:09 PM

thank you for your post, I didn't know you could use 2FA on MyEtherWallet. If you can install 2fa, I always do it to protect the wallet, or the entrance to the exchange or personal account.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: