Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:16:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use 2fa  (Read 300 times)
Kiefner

Activity: 921
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:28:56 PM

Thanks for your insight into this
Have got hacked about 3 or 4 times ; but I did this tonight upon reading your post
And the activation was smooth and easy

Thanks once again
I think you get hacked too often. Perhaps once or twice you have entered data on phishing sites or simply have been not careful with your personal data, but 3 to 4 times, it raises suspicions that you have malware on your PC.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 09:33:38 PM

And if you have malware on your pc
You need to first of all clear wipe erase and re format your pc or simply restore factory settings for good functioning and then you can enjoy your 2fa setup

Be careful what 2fa app you download
alimarh

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:46:15 PM

Yeah sure 2fa is easily and safe way to go, as a matter of fact, most exchanges will not allow you to do anything without setting up your 2fa and it's good so that the crypto space will be more secured and free from hackers.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:03:04 AM

I think it will be better to condict own research about this because learning new things can enhance your skills and motives you to pursue harder here in your journey in cryptocurrency.
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 02:03:45 PM

2fa is a very important security measure for our exchange platforms
I use it for my binance and huobi accounts

It’s a fantastic move and I also protect my phone well from supposed friends who would only steal your phone by phishing it
yj300316

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:09:45 PM

After numerous hacking claims regarding exchange sites and Myetherwallet
I thought to advice everyone to simply put to use ImToken app to control their Myetherwallet account

Then activate 2fa for every exchange site; all you have to do is

Download the google Authenticator app
Go to security and Authenticator settings

The site will generate a key for you ( FHFE3529KL8 ) ; copy the key, go to your auth app, click on the + sign, select add key. Type the name of the site, scroll to the next line and paste the key generated. THEN SAVE

You'll be seeing 6  digits codes every 5min or so. Use the code to login to the site.

Yeah, i think imToken can be a way to minimize the hacking in the future because myetherwallet doesnt have 2fa in default.
2fa is used to confirm every transaction you make. It will be safe unless someone know your private key or phished you.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
projectandy

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:11:19 PM

thank you for your advice.  Smiley
refreshka

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:58:44 PM

you do not need to use this purse, you can, for example, a trezor. Protects better than any 2AF, except you can not manage a wallet. It is not very expensive, but safety. There are still other options - a purse on your device, without access to the network. I do not know which is better, I would recommend still using a cool wallet - trezor.
lawalganiyu

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 04:10:20 PM

2fa means two factor authentication this means a lot in an account. Two factor authentication is very useful  because  it makes you feel comfortable on your account because some people can hacked  your account but by this two factor authentication code you are able to have free of mind on your account
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:33:07 AM

I’m so pleased to get this post
It has helped me immensely to get my accounts secure

I’m new and just lesrning, but what’s merit on your profile and what’s it used for ?
Do enlighten me
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 04:38:18 AM

You'll be seeing 6  digits codes every 5min or so. Use the code to login to the site.

It's not every five minutes, it's every 30 seconds. So the two-factor authentication app will generate a random password (6 digit code) in every 30 seconds to keep the process more secure.

You must save the original 2fa backup key so that you can restore/get access in case you lose your device or accidentally delete the app.
marufnang

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:58:25 AM

I've activated 2fa on my account, it truly able to keep all my assets safe.
Since without it we can't access the account that we had, so it will be totally safe.
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:24:56 AM

Glad to know that there is a way to activate 2 way authentication for MEW. I hate it when someone got hacked and I don't want it to happen to me. Those hackers should be in jail and paid for what they have done to others. It's very hard to earn money on crypto and they just stole from us. They will get what they deserve someday.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:33:54 AM

After numerous hacking claims regarding exchange sites and Myetherwallet
I thought to advice everyone to simply put to use ImToken app to control their Myetherwallet account

Then activate 2fa for every exchange site; all you have to do is

Download the google Authenticator app
Go to security and Authenticator settings

The site will generate a key for you ( FHFE3529KL8 ) ; copy the key, go to your auth app, click on the + sign, select add key. Type the name of the site, scroll to the next line and paste the key generated. THEN SAVE

using 2fa is really good, this information really gives a user a better protection to their wallet. I have been using 2fa in my personal wallet which is really protected since then, it is reall helpful when it comes to security.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
GreenSeem

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:04:28 AM

This 2FA application from Google is beneficial for the security of my wallet on Myetherwallet, easy to use especially free
3kpk3

Activity: 896
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:14:26 AM

Yes 2fa is very good and it helps a lot as well
But we need and have to ensure to protect all accounts

Make good use of metamask
Make good use of ImToken and Myetherwallet
And observe you are always on the proper website

These are pretty useful tips. Among all the security features, I personally like 2FA a lot since it has helped me on multiple occasions when hackers tried hacking my funds etc which is why I like this feature the most when compared to other features like Metamask etc.

I always advise enabling 2FA when it comes to securing your funds anywhere in this vast crypto space since hackers are lurking everywhere and it is always a good idea to secure your funds in every way possible.

Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:10:24 AM

2FA is a pretty secure way to control access to any password protected sites, even if somebody else has the identifier for the same site they will generate a different number than you each time. Many exchanges are using this as a rule for access now.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
OluwaTosin10 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:04:28 PM

Yes 2Fa is a very good way to preorderly protect your accounts
But take note

Always keep the security phrase safe
Else you lose access to your account