Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:51:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay like auction website project (Developers/Programmers/Supporters Needed)  (Read 933 times)
weedo84 (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:08:52 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 12:24:33 PM by weedo84

Hello Everyone!,  

I'll try to share as much as I can about this project, without giving too much away.  

Bitpay would definitely be euphoric.. if say.. eBay decided to accept Bitcoin and use THEM to receive payments while they're at it- truth is  that's never going to happen. Sad truth is eBay won't accept Bitcoin, and if it ever had to, it will make it's own 'Bitpay'.
 The reason I say this, is to give you an idea of how much support this project would get from the Bitcoin community (which is now too large to be called a community), and from the larger Bitcoin companies as well as individual investors.

The subject says it all, a Bitcoin eBay- (Selling your stuff for BTC and getting Bitcoin for the stuff you've posted for sale).

Function:  You like something, you click it- you then send your BTC to the ITEM'S BTC address, this address will then forward the BTC to the sellers website address.  In order for a seller to sell an item it would be easy as well, however, the website of course will require more data from the seller since there needs to be a seller trust, which will be through the simple seller trust process/steps.

I think you guys get the basic idea, and please understand the project is in its conceptual stages- we still have a lot of brain-storming going on.

I'm an investor, and a project manager and I'm lucky enough to understand a thing or two about marketing.  I'm currently working with a team of 2 people.. and I'm looking here for some help and support- knowing that this is where a lot of the big names started in the Bitcoin world.  

PM me if you're interested in talking business, whether you're a programmer, a designer or anyone that could think they can help in anyway.

Also, if you have some questions but aren't interested in getting involved, I'd also would love to hear what you have in mind regarding this.

Thank you very much!  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 05:32:00 AM

So... you post your shit on eBay, then post a link to it and your BTC address?  I like the idea, as long as there is a built in escrow.  I could help with this.  I know somewhat good HTML and CSS coding, and I really know how to get BTC payments setup and secure to avoid hacking and stuff.  I also can get hardware setup for a coder on a VPS (or dedicated) and ready for him to go, if you can find someone better in that field.  I'll work for pretty cheap, want some experience for when I get a real job besides mining in IT...

Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:56:59 AM

After cooldgamer's post, I'm lost.

Are you proposing a website that functions like eBay (but items are denominated in BTC) or are you suggesting some sort of overlay function on eBay (which wouldn't be allowed)?

I suspect it's the former but cooldgamer's post is also a valid interpretation of your post.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
cooldgamer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 06:08:14 AM

Not a direct overlay, just a place for sellers to post pics and links to eBay posts for people to check it out, then payments to built in escrow, buyer releases escrow when they get it.  They just manually cancel it and send it to them instead.  It's like a Craigslist with escrow (and mail sending), but using eBay to list it.. sell it in two places at once.  At least that's what I'm getting, or I just came up with something awesome..

weedo84 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:13:16 AM

LOL.. I would understand where you got confused, it's my fault- I didnt explain in the best of ways I suppose.

The website is a completely stand alone website, has nothing to do with ebay, no overlay or anything.  To put it simply, just a market place to buy and sell goods (acceptable goods).

I just used eBay to give an example of how big I believe it could be.

weedo84 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:19:38 AM

cooldgamer  Yes, you came up with something awesome of your own hahhah.

For this project, it's a website on it's own and ebay isn't involved.
cooldgamer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 06:23:36 AM

I'll still help, but integrating at least a link to feedback would be cool... have the seller put a special code in their eBay profile so people can see if they are legit, down in that space nobody ever reads.  eBay won't suspect a thing of 5 or 6 numbers or letters...

weedo84 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:21:12 AM

Are you proposing a website that functions like eBay (but items are denominated in BTC) or are you suggesting some sort of overlay function on eBay (which wouldn't be allowed)?

I suspect it's the former but cooldgamer's post is also a valid interpretation of your post.

Yes, you were correct initially (it is the former).  I am proposing a website that functions like ebay.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: