Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:51:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Every Online Merchant Should Accept BTC  (Read 1951 times)
seafarer124 (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:50:36 PM

As an online merchant, I agree, BUT it is not a situation where they have nothing to lose. I just learned about bitcoins a week ago. I have been coding like crazy to implement it into my shopping cart. It is not easy and I have lost many hours not just coding but also thinking about HOW BTC is supposed to be implemented. Should I give customers a discount due to no chargebacks and lower fees? Should I list price in BTC or dollars? If it is dollars, how to I make it easy for my customers or should I expect my customers to whip out a calculator before paying? Which wallet solution? Which exchange? Should I keep BTC or convert to dollars ASAP? How do I backup my wallet? ETC.

I'll post my website on here when I'm finished, if it is not against forum rules to make business announcements on here.

I have just sent an email to a merchant asking if they have considered adding BTC to their payment system.

They have nothing to lose by using BTC and plenty to gain.

I do not like using my credit card on the internet. 

I would like to buy their product, but, not with credit card.

There must be hundreds, possibly thousands of businesses that do not realise they are missing out on a huge market.
Have you contacted BitPay?

They promote BTC as easy to implement.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mistress_magpie

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Retired from the mistressing business

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:52:45 PM

http://www.cryptosextoys.com/

These guys will show the price in dollars, bitcoin and lots of other coins. I like this system Smiley

1MEuWAgzeArG9sittnqhuTHkMtgvirZvuS
seafarer124 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:54:48 PM

Yeah i agree with you that Every Online Merchant Should Accept BTC and they must do so, but one thing many are concerned about is its volatile nature, even the customers are sometimes hesitant while using bitcoins because lets say you buy a TV today for 2btc that is around 1200$ today , and after one year if btc goes up  to some 1k-1500$ the same TV you purchased is @ some 3k$ which was worth 1200$ ..
Next year your dollar will be worth less.

That means you will need more dollars to buy the same TV.
seafarer124 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:06:57 PM

Yeah i agree with you that Every Online Merchant Should Accept BTC and they must do so, but one thing many are concerned about is its volatile nature, even the customers are sometimes hesitant while using bitcoins because lets say you buy a TV today for 2btc that is around 1200$ today , and after one year if btc goes up  to some 1k-1500$ the same TV you purchased is @ some 3k$ which was worth 1200$ ..
I use my average buy price of BTC to compare the price of a product or service, not the current BTC price.

Obviously, I am not going to use BTC if the current price is lower than what I bought BTC, which it never has been.

Example:  If my average buy is $300/BTC, the current BTC price is $600.  You don't need to be Einstein to work out what is best.

miragecash

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:51:29 AM

Bitpay doesn't answer the phone unless you pay $300 per month. All bitcoin businesses are sheety. I read another post on this forum that one out of three exchanges loses all their client's money or something. Nobody cares enough about their customers to answer the phone. Bitcoin may be cool but all bitcoin biz SUX.

I finally got verified with coinbase after, like, 40+ tries. It's been almost a week and  nobody has answered my email. The reason why I am using them is because all bitcoin biz are sheety so at least with coinbase, I keep my exposure to a minimum as I can electronically transfer USD and BTC in and out of my account. I'll just use them for the exchange and keep funds either at my bank or my BTC wallet, but never at coinbase as they are Sheety. Just look at MtGox as a prime example of how sheety. Even campBx, which I like, they are shady. Why no wire transfer? Why can't they get a freaking decent bank account so they can do ACH transfer and wire transfers? Is their credit rating Sheety? Are they solvent? At least coinbase has a proper bank account for ACH transfers/money wires. I will keep a bit here and a bit there and not keep all my dough at one exchange or service. I will also limit my account sizes with each exchange to the max daily withdrawal amount. Limiting the amount of MY dough I can withdraw is shady. It reeks of insolvency. I can understand unverified customers having limits, but if I've been verified under "know your customer" laws, why limit withdrawals? ... unless you're not solvent.

Perhaps they're all selling more BTC than they have on hand. Whoa, doesn't that describe a fiat bank system? The more things change the more things stay the same!

As an online merchant, I agree, BUT it is not a situation where they have nothing to lose. I just learned about bitcoins a week ago. I have been coding like crazy to implement it into my shopping cart. It is not easy and I have lost many hours not just coding but also thinking about HOW BTC is supposed to be implemented. Should I give customers a discount due to no chargebacks and lower fees? Should I list price in BTC or dollars? If it is dollars, how to I make it easy for my customers or should I expect my customers to whip out a calculator before paying? Which wallet solution? Which exchange? Should I keep BTC or convert to dollars ASAP? How do I backup my wallet? ETC.

I'll post my website on here when I'm finished, if it is not against forum rules to make business announcements on here.

I have just sent an email to a merchant asking if they have considered adding BTC to their payment system.

They have nothing to lose by using BTC and plenty to gain.

I do not like using my credit card on the internet. 

I would like to buy their product, but, not with credit card.

There must be hundreds, possibly thousands of businesses that do not realise they are missing out on a huge market.
Have you contacted BitPay?

They promote BTC as easy to implement.
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:33:18 AM

It is good idea i think.
gminds

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 09:03:25 PM

It will take time to accept BItcoin as a payment for all vendors. The price fluctuation of bitcoin is worry for many merchants.
The price should be stable. And numerous new altcoins are reducing the value of bitcoin.

Agreed, the price fluctuation is a major problem, coupled with the steep learning curve for merchants and clients.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: