Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:30:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ❗❗ Friendly Reminder: SECURE. YOUR. ASSETS.  (Read 1459 times)
blackrain321

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:07:30 PM

Very sensible opinion. Keeping the coins safe is the most important thing. And yeah recent hackings are really terrifying. So I think everyone should start to keep their coins safe right now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoshops9944

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 11:54:31 PM

This is very important friendly reminder. I was so tensed after learning about the hacking in exchanges. It will be the wisest decision if we keep our coins in a secured place. Otherwise the losses will be unbearable.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:59:37 PM

Thank you but we know it already even I just starting to know about BTC and cryptocurrency. Part of being wise in this industry is to take care about our assets. But even I know it already, I cannot prevent for me to loss money since internet is dangerous. I don't know where and when it could happen but I hope I can resist hacking on my account. Ensuring our keys is good but ensuring our assets is better
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:43:47 AM

Securing your own asset is not easy, you need to find a way to protect your wallet from scammers and hackers.
For securing your coins, you need a good wallet to do transactions, otherwise you still have a possibility to getting phished or hacked.

Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:47:45 AM

Keeping the coins in an exchange wallet will be the dumbest thing to do now. No one knows when these guys will vanish after taking all of your money. Keeping your coins in a hardware wallet is not safe either. If you have some issues with the authorities, then there is always the risk of them seizing the coins through these hardware wallets.
muratdur

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:54:59 AM

It is really significant thing for older guys newbies and skilled ones because not to secure your passwords and wallet equals giving your money to a stranger, but you are not willing to do that in this example.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:57:30 AM

Exactly. Before going into different lucrative investment in the future, one must always be aware of possible hack that might affect their account and steal away valuble possessions of theirs.

This is a must thing to remember and you should always keep to yourself. Losing something that you own is really a hard feeling and for sure you don't want that to happen. As much as possible always keep your assets secured because you don't know when and where the enemy is going to attack you. You should always prioritize your safety.
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:00:20 AM

Exactly. Before going into different lucrative investment in the future, one must always be aware of possible hack that might affect their account and steal away valuble possessions of theirs.

This is totally true and should be prioritize. Always remember that prevention is better than cure so as much as possible keep yourself away from inconvenience. We all know how devastating it is to lose something so let's be careful of our asset. We should always keep it safe and away from the presence of hackers or stealers.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Plumbank

Activity: 283

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:01:14 PM

None will want to loose their precious investment to a hacker. Better take precaution from now. I'd personally recommend hardware wallet.
stefy77

Activity: 658
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:05:24 PM

I think that now a hardware wallet is a must, especially if the experimentation phase has been overcome. Who I know uses ledger nano s but I can't explain why.
ellehcar

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 04:01:18 PM

[Friendly Reminder]

While waiting for the market bull run, first make sure that your bitcoin/cryptocurrency investments are actually secure.

Very true! We should always secure our assets to save us from waste of time, heartache and headache. Imagine the sleepless nights you’ve spent in tasking and trading, then all of a sudden it’ll go like a bubble, especially in this business where every transaction is irreversible and discrete. Once you’re hacked, you can never recover it, or if possible, you’ll surely have a hard time.

Some reputable hardware wallets:

I’m also a fan of Ledger wallet. Since it’s an offline storage, you’re highly (though not totally) protected from computer vulnerabilities and online thieves.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:09:55 PM

The safety of my coins sometimes really worry me, especially i'm the type of stubborn person and it's not weird if sometimes i lost my coins by mistake.
Hackers are quite a serious problem but still it's hard to prevent that from happening. Even the safest wallet can't really dependable.
Moreover i've just read about cryptocurrency robbery. I think even having hardware wallet can't make us really safe. But it's still better and safer than online wallet, i think i should get one to save my coins just in case.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
LavernB

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:40:05 PM

It's always a matter of sorrow when we attacked by hackers. Hence, we shall always be careful so that our investment don't go in vain. In this regard, for security purpose trezor and ledger wallet can be a good choice. Although, every coinbase tries to ensure highest security but these two are really amazing.

It's interesting that people think about this things only AFTER they get scammed or hacked. The prevention is crucial when you're dealing with money scams.
joy99

Activity: 167
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:19:30 PM

That's very true mate. I remember a guy sent me an address not knowing he copy it from the internet and expected to get the money withdrawn when i send some tokens on it. Some newbies do not take their time to read about the safest thing to do. Always asking of unnecessary questions is what they know.

Service thread below

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5162299.msg51726822#msg51726822
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

Crypto are calling virtual and online platform that’s why here is more chance to spam. You should careful and avoid unexpected email or link. If anyone follow this guideline they can feel secure from spam.

That is why we are reminded always that we need to at least save some of our money so that when time comes that cryptocurrency dumps then there is no way we can get our investment since we still do have fund to use at, and let us always considered securing our asset and buying more properties as an investment.
MobyCrypt

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:28:00 AM

Thanks for the friendly reminder, I know these things very well, but then I always end up having some funds sitting in som Exchange with the Keys out of my control. Have to correct that.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:40:30 AM

Thanks for reminding us, though we do it constantly still there will be times that we tend to forget securing our assets like updating them or making it more secure and also let's keep in mind to share our knowledge but keep tonourselves our own own pritection.
skibikipapa69

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:50:37 AM

Thank you for this helpful tips. Yes you are correct hardware wallet are indeed far more better than any online wallets. It is also suggested to use hardware wallet when storing coins rather than using any online ones. I am saving and planning to buy one for storing most of my bitcoin.
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:01:32 AM

Good timely reminder.  I do store most my coins offline.  But I also have some in Coinbase as well for fast trading.  Coinbase also gives me a bit warm and fuzzy feeling cuz they have never been hacked, plus they are fdic insured so hopefully you should be good up to $250k. 
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:26:35 AM

This is a must and it should be the first concern of the newbies and the other type of investors that are just getting started because they should consider having a safe place for their investment and they should not worry about spending money to an investment of security because that is where they will rely for the safety of their assets.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: