Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:16:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS XRP REALLY A CRYPTOCURRENCY  (Read 791 times)
danipay

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:25:20 PM

the excesses of ripple have recently been discovered that they are coins that are fully controlled by bankers, from 100 billion supply, some 20 billion specifically allocated to the ripple founder, strange? certainly not, but I am more convinced this is a malicious version of bitcoin due to money controlled potential, worse than bch.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:43:39 PM

It is very good that this question is being raised today, I hope that all the same people will understand that XRP is not cryptocurrency and in general does not apply to cryptocurrency, because it does not have its own blockchain that would fulfill the requirements for blockchain
Anish02

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:11:24 PM

Yes, absolutely it is a real cryptocurrency. And believe me, making an investment in XRP will definitely help you to make a profit. It has the very high potential in its growth.
hellyeahent

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:51:51 AM

Ripple news: Is XRP really a cryptocurrency?

RIPPLE returned to the all-important $0.50 mark following bitcoin’s remarkable rise to $7,500 this week. However, one expert has warned that ripple is “not a cryptocurrency” and could miss out on the regulation that catapults bitcoin and ethereum on to bigger and better things.

Ripple’s remarkable journey from obscurity to $3.40. back down to today’s price of $0.49 could soon see it ring-fenced from other competing cryptocurrencies, with concern over its centralisation potentially excluding XRP from entry into a price boosting regulatory framework.

Last week, rival bitcoin recruited another billionaire believer from the world of mainstream finance after it was revealed that investor Steven Cohen has placed money into a hedge fund focusing on cryptocurrencies and blockchain-based companies.

Cohen Private Ventures has invested in Autonomous Partners, a new hedge fund buying up cryptocurrencies and equity in blockchain-related companies as the world of mainstream finance begins the search for the “next generation” of investments in the digital age.
However, Ripple is one notable absence from the spate of technologies in which Autonomous Partners is interested, raising concern that the XRP tokens will be treated differently when regulations arrive.

If the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the US decides that the tokens are securities they could then be subject to different laws than tokens that are not.

Arianna Simpson, from Autonomous Partners said: “I have a lot of concerns about the level of centralisation there, and I have regulatory concerns if what they have issued is a security.

Anatoly Castella, CEO, Elpis Investments told Express.co.uk that ripple's XRP is set to miss out because it is not a "Digital Fiat", and not a “real” cryptocurrency
Mr Castella warns that XRP falls short of the “purest interpretation of ‘cryptocurrency’.”

He said: “Ripple resembles a fintech platform combining the best elements of fiat money and blockchain cryptocurrency.

“It should be considered 'Digital Fiat', not a cryptocurrency.”

On the potential for missing out on the very regulations that go on to propel rival cryptocurrencies to all new price levels, Mr Castella says that the SEC should consider to creating a regulatory framework for ‘digital fiats' like ripple and a sustainable ecosystem for the “crypto startups”, currently “held in a state of limbo”.

He said: “This will ensure that ‘real’ cryptocurrencies like bitcoin will not be damaged and misunderstood by these start-ups adopting the wrong regulatory approach from the outset.”
Source : Express.co.uk

Ripple is too centralized to be called a true cryptocurrency. Unfortunatelly, most of market participants do no have enough knowledge to make a difference.
Barbatos

Activity: 272
Merit: 11

www.becent.com

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:17:52 AM

Now, when ETH is down, all investors are looking for new direction and XRP seems to be good option for most of them, but it should not last for too long.

rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:23:44 AM

No, it is not a real crypto, because the token XRP is fully controlled by a ripple organisation, which in based in USA. So I do not believe in these tokens.
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:27:34 AM

I know not so much about the project XRP (Ripple). I heard that the project has a very strange construction blockchain technology, which with great difficulty can be called that way because most of all it just looks like a spreadsheet that is very easy to edit.
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:29:41 AM

I do not think that XRP is cryptocurrency, there are already a lot of opinions on this subject, but most people really do not consider it as such. I believe that XRP is too controlled a currency, which is not very logical for cryptocurrency, it was created for this, I think it has potential, because banks believe in it, so it can achieve something, although I doubt it.
masterfu678

Activity: 280

www.becent.com

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:14:24 PM

Ripple news: Is XRP really a cryptocurrency?

RIPPLE returned to the all-important $0.50 mark following bitcoin’s remarkable rise to $7,500 this week. However, one expert has warned that ripple is “not a cryptocurrency” and could miss out on the regulation that catapults bitcoin and ethereum on to bigger and better things.

Ripple’s remarkable journey from obscurity to $3.40. back down to today’s price of $0.49 could soon see it ring-fenced from other competing cryptocurrencies, with concern over its centralisation potentially excluding XRP from entry into a price boosting regulatory framework.

Last week, rival bitcoin recruited another billionaire believer from the world of mainstream finance after it was revealed that investor Steven Cohen has placed money into a hedge fund focusing on cryptocurrencies and blockchain-based companies.

Cohen Private Ventures has invested in Autonomous Partners, a new hedge fund buying up cryptocurrencies and equity in blockchain-related companies as the world of mainstream finance begins the search for the “next generation” of investments in the digital age.
However, Ripple is one notable absence from the spate of technologies in which Autonomous Partners is interested, raising concern that the XRP tokens will be treated differently when regulations arrive.

If the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the US decides that the tokens are securities they could then be subject to different laws than tokens that are not.

Arianna Simpson, from Autonomous Partners said: “I have a lot of concerns about the level of centralisation there, and I have regulatory concerns if what they have issued is a security.

Anatoly Castella, CEO, Elpis Investments told Express.co.uk that ripple's XRP is set to miss out because it is not a "Digital Fiat", and not a “real” cryptocurrency
Mr Castella warns that XRP falls short of the “purest interpretation of ‘cryptocurrency’.”

He said: “Ripple resembles a fintech platform combining the best elements of fiat money and blockchain cryptocurrency.

“It should be considered 'Digital Fiat', not a cryptocurrency.”

On the potential for missing out on the very regulations that go on to propel rival cryptocurrencies to all new price levels, Mr Castella says that the SEC should consider to creating a regulatory framework for ‘digital fiats' like ripple and a sustainable ecosystem for the “crypto startups”, currently “held in a state of limbo”.

He said: “This will ensure that ‘real’ cryptocurrencies like bitcoin will not be damaged and misunderstood by these start-ups adopting the wrong regulatory approach from the outset.”
Source : Express.co.uk

There were no BTC rise, it was just a simple recovery. Now it is 6400, when it will be 6600 it will still be a recovery process. Stop talking about BTC bump.

Beargas0

Activity: 289

FREE Cryptocurrency Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:40:54 PM

Usually investors do not care about the nature of certain crypto, they just buy something that grows or something that is able of growth in the nearest future.

jakiro.hovard

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 04:28:09 PM

Usually investors do not care about the nature of certain crypto, they just buy something that grows or something that is able of growth in the nearest future.
This is a problem that today is not being solved just like that, because today most of the investors have left the market altogether, because today people are still trying to invest in projects correctly, but it turns out chaotically.
basici

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:02:27 PM

Ripple is cryptocurrency at least due to the fact that it is on the cryptocurrency market and is in second place on the list

BtcEX Btc : Exchange for Everyone
We offer the most profitable and comfortable exchange rates for cryptocurrency
https://bxlend.com/
tmskcimen

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 07:52:15 PM

Ripple progress in past month is awesome, i think ripple is one stap closer to its goal to be number one banking koin, and am waiting for ripple launching its first token now. Real cryptocurrency coin.

I believe ripple future will be bright
okanciftci74

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 08:33:26 PM

my opinion is remarkable because at this time ripple started to be implemented in the banking system, it is amazing in my opinion that very significant progress for crypto coins which are usually rejected in the banking system and I think ripple will have a big progress in the future.
jakiro.hovard

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 01:48:17 PM

Ripple is cryptocurrency at least due to the fact that it is on the cryptocurrency market and is in second place on the list
I think that you need to once again recall what cryptocurrencies are and what was the idea about cryptocurrencies from the very beginning, because today the market seems to me very strange. Many projects become centralized.
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 02:00:06 PM

Well, as for me, I have and continue to regard XRP as a cryptocurrency. I haven't seen the real reason to think otherwise, not even the original post.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
beami

Activity: 602

VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:18:39 PM

Ripple runs with the bank and is controlled so that it gives a positive impression to be able to seize the position of ethereum. We are still studying this.

GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:43:17 PM

Ripple is too centralized to be called a true cryptocurrency. Unfortunatelly, most of market participants do no have enough knowledge to make a difference.

Most market participants dont care whether Ripple is true cryptocurrency or not.
Most absolutely don't need this information, bacause they are here to earn money  Wink
siorapokk
Copper Member

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:46:32 PM

I hate such centralised coins like Ripple. It is getting even more sad, when I see how much people are investing in this coin. Guys, you need to understand that we should support crypto currencies and not centralised solutions.
jakiro.hovard

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 05:23:56 PM

Well, as for me, I have and continue to regard XRP as a cryptocurrency. I haven't seen the real reason to think otherwise, not even the original post.
You will never see anything like this about the original message, it is very hard to think that XRP may in the future generally receive the status of the first project, such as BTC today, but I do not rule out this despite all centralization.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: