Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:41:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS XRP REALLY A CRYPTOCURRENCY  (Read 791 times)
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 05:29:55 PM

Firstly we need to define what cryptocurrency is.
In my deduction, cryptocurrency should have a mode of transmission without dependency to a single server, organization or entity and has no intermediate system to transfer between person A to B. So, yeah Ripple is a cryptocurrency for me.
xrpholder1982

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:01:53 PM

I hate such centralised coins like Ripple. It is getting even more sad, when I see how much people are investing in this coin. Guys, you need to understand that we should support crypto currencies and not centralised solutions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when looking at the XRP ledger over the past 18 months it's presently significantly more decentralized than BTC and ETH.  Yes, they arrive at consensus differently and after exhaustive research I feel XRP is faster, less expensive and more secure.  Presently Ripple only controls 7% of the validators on the ledger and only 27% of the UNL's.  They have been replacing one of their validators for every new 2 independent ones that come up.  As the ecosystem and network are expanding faster than anything else its clear that XRP will be completely decentralized in roughly 1 year... while BTC and ETH become more centralized and destroy the planet with POW in the process.  Proof of work was a huge technology breakthrough and I'm grateful for all that Satoshi has brought to the world but its time to move on to Gen 2 and XRP is superior in every way.

Regarding the OP's question: I don't think anything in the market is a useful crypto currency.  With BTC transactions on ledger can take hours to settle and fees are outrageously high. Same with ETH and even for LTC.  XRP is currently the most useful but I would never actually use it as one because I expect the price to go up 200x over the next 5 years.  In 5 years I'd hate to think that I paid $1000 for a cup of coffee, lol.  Nano and XLM are fast but have zero liquidity so anything more than a micro payment will result in massive slippage and Nano has security issues.  David Chaum's new project Elixxir looks really promising but won't be available for a while.  I'll be investing in this along with holding my XRP and FCT long-term. 
aalavandan

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:48:08 AM

For sure it is not a crypto currency and the majority of investors are not getting this. I cannot understand people that are supporting such projects because the idea of crypto currencies is to make the world decentralised.
- ESPERS -

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:51:36 AM

XRP we can call it a cryptocurrency, but it uses a centralized system, so it's a controlled currency. But although it uses a centralized system, it is a currency that enjoys a real success. As we can see, XRP has reached the second place on the coinmarketcap, surpassing Ethereum. Yes, it is indeed one of the fastest increases in cryptocurrency.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:08:42 PM

XRP is slaves money.
It is designed for stupid clueless greedy slaves.
Any third party involvement anywhere (segwit, ripple, masternodes.....) is literary a bigger scam than existing fiat.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:15:54 PM

A thought occurred to me here that today will not look very good for many haters. And what if there are people who specifically say very bad things about the project, but in fact the project can really be very, very cool?
LukkasG

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:45:24 PM

Good question. If we use the definition from wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency) then XRP isn't a cryptocurrency since use centralize control. But it is really up to us how we call it.
Lisa110386

Activity: 1204
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:29:46 PM

XRP of course cryptocurrency, but  centralized and controlled. A large number of XRP is the developers, at least before it was so, and because of this, in my opinion the XRP are subject to manipulation. I don't buy a Ripple and stay away from it.
xrpholder1982

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:54:05 PM

For sure it is not a crypto currency and the majority of investors are not getting this. I cannot understand people that are supporting such projects because the idea of crypto currencies is to make the world decentralised.

All of your answers can be found here.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.  XRP ledger is quite decentralized as Ripple only controls 7% of the XRP ledger and 27% of the UNL's.  These numbers are decreasing rapidly.  The XRP ledger will be completely decentralized in about a year. 

https://fudbingo.com/the-xrp-blockchain-is-centralised
Lake20
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:11:51 PM

There is not doubt about XRP being a good cryptocoin even in this bear market where many coins has lost close to 90% of their value in the beginning of this year, Ripple to some extent is quite stable more than many of them. They have a working products alrealdy and many global brands have started using their products.
karsy

Activity: 383

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:22:47 PM

I think no, but there are many other currencies which aren't really cryptocurrencies. I know that idex exchange isn't decentralized as they wrote before. You can be sure only in top coins like bitcoin and ethereum.

pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:30:28 PM

Firstly we need to define what cryptocurrency is.
In my deduction, cryptocurrency should have a mode of transmission without dependency to a single server, organization or entity and has no intermediate system to transfer between person A to B. So, yeah Ripple is a cryptocurrency for me.

You have the wrong idea of a cryptocurrency. A cryptocurrency is based on cryptographic code and has its own blockchain. Ripple has no blockchain and it isn't mined. It was made and distributed with a lot of it being held by its creators. It's the opposite of a cryptocurrency not only because it doesn't have a blockchain but also because it's centralized and managed by a company.
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 02:57:40 PM

Base on your question, I can conclude that ripple is a cryptocurrency. Because the meaning of cryptocurrency is the next digital currency. So ripple is part of that. And also ripple is listed in coinmarket cap with the other tokens and coins.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 05:22:03 PM

Base on your question, I can conclude that ripple is a cryptocurrency. Because the meaning of cryptocurrency is the next digital currency. So ripple is part of that. And also ripple is listed in coinmarket cap with the other tokens and coins.

lol that scam listed on coin marketcrap
XRP is slaves choice.
People interact Peer to Peer. (Man to Man, with 3rd party involment)

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
xrpholder1982

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 05:36:24 PM

lol that scam listed on coin marketcrap
XRP is slaves choice.
People interact Peer to Peer. (Man to Man, with 3rd party involment)

What are your thoughts on Elixxir?  You've obviously been in the space for a long time and follow BTC closely.  From my research he seems to have really solved the scaling issue that will bring BTC down while maintaining security?  Their consensus mechanism looks genius and is comparable to XRP's in terms of being sustainable for the environment.  David Chaum is a legend and I'll be investing the first chance I can.  Fortunately, Im an accredited investor and plan to get in before it goes live on exchanges.  My view is that Elixxir is the better BTC and will cover the peer to peer customer facing transactions and XRP will dominate the B2B space and certainly all cross-border B2B payments.  It will be interesting to see how SV evolves as well. 

Also, I asked you a few days ago if you could point me to some evidence that XRP is a scam?  I never heard from you.  From my research they have carried through their decentralization plan ahead of schedule and are already significantly more decentralized than BTC and ETH.  The R3 Corda settler deal is affirmation that XRP appeals to independent and reputable firms not affiliated with Ripple.  In fact, they were in a dispute with Ripple!  Also, they have been very transparent with XRP quarterly updates and the community knowing exactly when and how XRP is sold for institutional development.  They have really fostered the XRP ecosystem brilliantly and thus far I couldn't be happier as an XRP holder.  Please let me know if I'm way off base and exactly how with proof.  I look forward to hearing from you. 
mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:02:34 PM

From my point of view Ripple is a cryptocurrency though it is centralized. Ripple has a very good demand in the crypto market I love to invest in it because I am sure it will bring me some profits when the market will turn out with a huge price.
kabum21

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:07:17 PM

Already with the fact that it is centralized, I would not consider it a crypto, for me, a crypto has to be a currency based on the blockchain and be decentralized and anonymous and I think ripple does not meet all those requirements, now if it is a good investment or not? that would be another discussion.
xrpholder1982

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:25:17 PM

Already with the fact that it is centralized, I would not consider it a crypto, for me, a crypto has to be a currency based on the blockchain and be decentralized and anonymous and I think ripple does not meet all those requirements, now if it is a good investment or not? that would be another discussion.

Ripple only controls 7% of the XRP Ledger and 27% of the UNL's and thats decreasing.  They can only release 1% of total supply each month for sale of which those sales go towards developing the XRP ecosystem which they have done brilliantly thus far.  The link below will cite irrefutable evidence against each of the claims you make.  You should take some time and listen to David Schwartz the chief cryptographer and CTO at Ripple- a brilliant mind.  Have a nice day and good luck!

https://fudbingo.com
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:29:14 PM

How do you define "cryptocurrency"? And why do you think it's important when we are talking about investment opportunities? Crypto is still a bubble that is being pumped by the guys that want to earn more money using market manipulations. If they see that Ripple is a good opportunity for reaching their goals they won't care about its crypto properties Smiley

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:32:29 PM

XRP of course cryptocurrency, but  centralized and controlled. A large number of XRP is the developers, at least before it was so, and because of this, in my opinion the XRP are subject to manipulation. I don't buy a Ripple and stay away from it.
It is a well-founded opinion, but I see that recently the volume of comments has increased, which today is still increasing the panic about XRP, I think that the best thing now is to work against the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: