Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:04:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TAKE ON BITCOIN : TO OWN BITCOIN OR MORE ALTCOINS??  (Read 350 times)
Melnikof

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:39:24 PM

Hey guys. So recently I've been quite confused. I'm a crypto analyst enthusiast who joined the movement late last year. I've been engaging in bounties, airdrops and also trading as well.
I've also been blogging on steemit. I've been exposed to a while lot of things and I have a wide portfolio of Altcoins. A while lot of them. Numbering into hundreds.
But I don't own any bitcoin. Which is quite funny. So I've been wondering.
Is it advisable to own an amount of bitcoin??
Will it still go very high or it'll tank really well.
Comments and views are welcomed.

I'm in the same situation. Unfortunately, I can't spend much money on cryptocurrency, I saved 50-100 USD each month and bought 1-2 altcoins. Now I've got lots of them, but I still have no bitcoin. I hold my funds in altcoins, in which I believe very much, but now it's about time I purchased bitcoin!
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:51:19 PM

Sell your altcoins for bitcoin when the alts price will be good only (pumped) because all altcoins are shitcoins and it's better to have bitcoin in your wallet to wait for ETF's approval Grin

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:54:11 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 12:34:06 AM by danggoron

It is very difficult to make a choice. Switch some of your altcoin to BTC, if the coin's price is appropriate or close to the ICO price. So you have a chance to earn profits if bitcoin prices go up, let's just say investment.

criptogenious

Activity: 350
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 11:27:29 AM

Personally i think bitcoin is better than altcoin but in recent time altcoin also doing well. We know bitcoins growth rate is more than altcoin. So in near future bitcoin will reach $10000.Thats why I think bitcoin is the best option.
Striker17

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

0x860FA3F15AcDFC7c7B379085EaC466645285237d

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:32:20 AM

Its good that you invest in altcoins but it’s pretty good if you invest also in Bitcoin. Investing in Bitcoin and altcoins with a good potential is the best way to earn more profit. If you do this dude, for sure you can gain a lot of profit someday.

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
ivlvov

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:36:50 AM

Hey guys. So recently I've been quite confused. I'm a crypto analyst enthusiast who joined the movement late last year. I've been engaging in bounties, airdrops and also trading as well.
I've also been blogging on steemit. I've been exposed to a while lot of things and I have a wide portfolio of Altcoins. A while lot of them. Numbering into hundreds.
As for me, it is very strange to have a large amount of altcoins and not have any Bitcoin. Of course Bitcoin will continue to grow and it is still the most important, most expensive and most stable cryptocurrency for the time being and has absolutely no reason for it to disappear from the market. I think that this is the only coin that is not scary to hold for a long time.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
PatM77

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:37:09 AM

If you afford to invest on both, do it. More coins to hold means more chance to jave a profit. But for me, if you'll only choose one, go for the altcoins as its price are more faster to change or have the ups and downs.
kookidun

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:57:23 PM

I think having altcoin and potential altcoins in your portfolio is very good. Some altcoin may have advanced technology.
CryptoBry714

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:44:21 PM

Yes. I would recommend you to invest in bitcoin as bitcoin has a bright future ahead. Though it has some pros and cons but you will be definitely benefited by it. Many countries and companies has accepted it . So you can try it also.
cryptosmith03

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:56:49 PM

I think it's time you should earn Bitcoin. The market price of Bitcoin is rising slowly. The bear trend has come to an end and slowly the market is regaining back its previous position. I think it is a time when you should buy Bitcoins and hold them for long term investments.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:05:27 PM

I think having altcoin and potential altcoins in your portfolio is very good. Some altcoin may have advanced technology.
That's being said as usual that there are altcoins that has advanced technology but what happened to those? where are they? they have advanced technology and they aren't noticed by the people. In this market, you have to have bitcoin as much as you can so that you can go along with the flow with whatever bitcoin is dictating the market. For example, you don't have bitcoin but look at the market bitcoin is rising and most alts are going down.
jackpot888

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:44:46 PM

This really unbelievable that you do not have investment in bitcoin. Crypto currency market means bitcoin. You should invest on this and do not be worried about the price fluctuation. You will be able to earn profit from bitcoin.
GantVolnov

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:57:50 PM

I think for the last 1-2 weeks it is clear that it is better to have Bitcoin than altcoins) In general, it is necessary to diversify the portfolio. No wonder intelligent people say that Bitcoin should be at least 50% of your portfolio. I think that this is correct, because there is always the opportunity to buy altcoins at the lowest prices.
The Seller

Activity: 397
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:05:55 PM

in my opinion it is a decision that you must take on your own because it is a way of your life, but for me personally I prefer to hold bitcoin because all altcoins will depend on bitcoin.

bitcoinminer566

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:46:01 PM

Definitely Bitcoin. ALTcoins are having unpredictable fluctuations recently wherease BTC has not only became stable but they are also recovering the current situation and growing at a fast pace.
easybtcearn07

Activity: 222

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:10:06 PM

There is no doubt that having bitcoin is the most profitable investment in this time. But as you are a crypto enthuseast I think you will understand better that what's good for you. Moreover, other Altcoins are also doing very good in recent times.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:19:42 PM

This really unbelievable that you do not have investment in bitcoin. Crypto currency market means bitcoin. You should invest on this and do not be worried about the price fluctuation. You will be able to earn profit from bitcoin.

There is no where written that person needs to hold Bitcoin if he is crypto enthusiast and earn via it. Everyone has his/her own needs and has to make up strategy accordingly. I personally don't enjoy keeping Bitcoin, I hardly hold between 0.05 - 0.40 for urgency. Other than that, I love to enjoy market risks by hedging, spreading, dividing my money into different securities. I am from Finance background and it is kinda fun tracking each of your security, estimating returns, shifting money from one security to another, etc etc. As of now, I have money in around 120-125 cryptocurrencies along with Mutual Funds and Stock Market. So every person is  independent to make his/her financial strategy. You shouldn't worry the present hike in BTC price, every coin shows similar roller-coaster ride throughout year, no wonder.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:20:03 PM

If you have bitcoin with you there is no problem at all to you and actually you can see the profit only to grow more along with your money you invested on it. To say in comparison if you invest 500 USD in both bitcoin and other altcoins you will get the profit more in the bitcoin only. Even the growth ratio of the coin may higher than bitcoin but amount making with the money will be good enough than altcoins. Apart from bitcoin you want to invest you can go with the ethereum, Monero, zcash and neo.
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:21:31 PM

Having alot of bitcoin is a safe heaven asset. If you owned alot of crypto then that's a good thing all you need to do is sell when altcoins occur. Buy the dip always and sell high to get profit.
HeartDesire888

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:18:47 PM

Only you can decide what's best for you. As bitcoin's price is very high you have to invest a lot to gain profit but as altcoin's price is relatively low you can just invest and see what's happening. Now you decide by doing your research.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: