Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:20:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Italy forces consumers to BitCoin: "20% Tax On All Inbound Money Transfers"  (Read 8416 times)
michielnl (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:20:16 AM

This is REAL

Italy forces consumers to BitCoin: "20% Tax On All Inbound Money Transfers"

"Money Launderer Until Proven Innocent" - Italy Imposes 20% Tax Withholding On All Inbound Money Transfers
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-16/money-launderer-until-proven-innocent-italy-imposes-20-tax-withholding-all-inbound-m
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 07:33:09 AM

When I said [last year] that governments, Multinationals, and Banks LOVED Bitcoin [and Cryptos] I was called insane. The global currency swap is due by 2015, expect more pressure and eventually a mass ultimatum.

Furthermore, China and Russia are secretly hoarding BTC and will soon back it completely so the west will form a new SuperUnion and will choose a different Crypto, preferably a twin of BTC.

Only one Bitcoin twin exists right now and that is iXcoin.

Be prepared, it's gonna get very ugly very fast.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:26:01 AM

Yeah that's great news for bitcoin.
Hopefully will affect the price more than the Cyprus shit.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 08:33:21 AM

Yeah that's great news for bitcoin.
Hopefully will affect the price more than the Cyprus shit.

lol, Cyprus got BTC going, in a big way.

If I'm right and news of china and Russia secretly hoarding leak then we would see $10,000 within a few weeks (from today's $600).

That would be absolute confirmation that BTC will go global in a big way and soon after that we would see BTC have its symbol changed to the global [Zurich] symbol of XBT.

And iXcoin I predict will follow the same path and be relabeled XIC [from IXC].

Obviously my BTC theory is highly probable while the IXC theory is a much, much lower probability, but I am convinced of it so that's why I post this madness.  lol.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:40:12 AM

Huge red flag.

Capital controls are coming to all Western nations before too long.

This move by Italy is designed to prop up their busted banks which were about to fail spectacularly. Notice that the 20% 'withholding' accumulates at the account of the banks and is only forwarded to Revenue annually.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 09:50:58 AM

Huge red flag.

Capital controls are coming to all Western nations before too long.

This move by Italy is designed to prop up their busted banks which were about to fail spectacularly. Notice that the 20% 'withholding' accumulates at the account of the banks and is only forwarded to Revenue annually.

US banks have also done something similar to force people into cryptos.  They've greatly limited rhe amount a person or even a business can transfer out of the US.  Most companies are dead without the ability to transfer money around the world.

There is no reason for this - no logical reason.  So it's impossible to transfer any decent amount of money out of the US except by use of Bitcoin. 

achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:55:26 AM

Interesting - not sure I believe this but surely interesting
DoctorOz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:02:56 AM

So Italy recongises BTC as a legitmate currency? Or at least an asset!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 10:12:31 AM

Interesting - not sure I believe this but surely interesting

Believe what?  It's news.

Unless you're referring to my difficult to believe theories.

That's nothing new.  You'll get used to me being me.

iXcoin ready to take off.  Check out the new website ready to launch if you need some proof.

http://lukeconnellau.wix.com/ixcoin-v3#!social-hub/c1zri

Good luck!

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:13:10 AM

no.

Italy's gov is desperately in need of money and they're charging every bank wire that comes from a foreign country. be it SEPA or not.
It's up to the receiver to prove that on those money the state hasn't to apply that income tax. by default they assume the opposite.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
DoctorOz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:25:04 AM

no.

Italy's gov is desperately in need of money and they're charging every bank wire that comes from a foreign country. be it SEPA or not.
It's up to the receiver to prove that on those money the state hasn't to apply that income tax. by default they assume the opposite.
[/quote

Sick pig, its not a simple NO.

If Italy taxes you on BTC it means that should you make a profit, you will need to pay 20% tax on the profit - 20% is Capital Gains tax in Italy (CGT).  Meaning that Italy have recognised BTC as an asset (indirectly). Thus the opposite should be true, if you lose on BTC then you have a CGT loss.

So BTC in the eyes of Italy is like a house, you buy and sell, the difference being +100k, you pay 20%.  If the difference is -100k, you have a tax credit for future CGT.

Basically they have legitimised any profit that occurs via BTC- making it a valid financial tool.

I say, set up offshore in Malta and pay a flat 5% non residents tax!
sickpig
Legendary

Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:37:59 AM

no.

If Italy taxes you on BTC it means that should you make a profit, you will need to pay 20% tax on the profit - 20% is Capital Gains tax in Italy (CGT).  Meaning that Italy have recognised BTC as an asset (indirectly). Thus the opposite should be true, if you lose on BTC then you have a CGT loss.

So BTC in the eyes of Italy is like a house, you buy and sell, the difference being +100k, you pay 20%.  If the difference is -100k, you have a tax credit for future CGT.

Basically they have legitimised any profit that occurs via BTC- making it a valid financial tool.

the new tax it's not specifically related to BTC. it applies to all incoming bank transfers. Unfortunately when you cash out btc from an exchange you've to use a bank wire.

Another risk Italy gov's is going to expose italian citizens: double taxation. As I said before is up to the recipient to prove that those money hasn't to be taxed. If he fails or just forgot to do it it could pay the taxes twice. Once when he received the money and once when he have the annual rendezvous with the tax man.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
xyzxyzxyz

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:19:57 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 12:16:25 PM by xyzxyzxyz

Max Keiser said at the recording of his radio show, The Truth About Markets on www.resonancefm.com for broadcast on 23/2/2014, that senior US sources had told him that China and the US were hoarding bitcoin.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:22:22 AM

Wow such measurements are just ridiculous!
This might again be a good thing for BTC in the future.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 11:24:28 AM

Max Keiser said at the recording of his radio show The Truth About Markets on www.resonancefm.com for broadcast on 23/2/2014 that senior US sources had told him that China and the US were hoarding bitcoin.

Ahahaaaaa.  I love it.

Makes perfect sense.  I'm so glad I'm not alone on this one.

So think, if China and Russia are hoarding BTC then what will the US And Europe do?

They have to find Bitcoin's twin, they have to find a diff and proven crypto to combat BTC.

And iXcoin is the only true identical clone (twin) of BTC.

That's a fact.  This is great news!!!!

Thanks for posting that!!!

aesma

Activity: 2436
Merit: 921

fly or die

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:25:31 AM

My family might have fallen into the category of people that would have to justify the wires they sent to Italy, even if it would have probably been easy since it was from family to family (to support my Italian grandmother, who died last year unfortunately).

When you know Italy this is not really surprising, it's not Greece for sure, but tax avoidance is still rampant. An Italian aunt who owns a business and wants to do everything by the book just can't because half the customers don't want records, they're ready to pay more than the price including taxes ! Meaning they've got plenty of undeclared money.
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 11:52:14 AM

Is this reported somewhere on a "real" news site?  I can not find anything searching the web for "Italy incoming bank wire 20% tax" and related terms.  If this is indeed true, it would be tremendous (but not really surprising) news.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:54:53 AM

Is this reported somewhere on a "real" news site?  I can not find anything searching the web for "Italy incoming bank wire 20% tax" and related terms.  If this is indeed true, it would be tremendous (but not really surprising) news.

It's true. Biggest financial newspaper in italy:
http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/notizie/2014-02-13/ritenuta-automatica-bonifici-estero-064329.shtml

aesma, that's mostly useless rhetoric bullishit. I pay every single cent of my taxes in italy (where i have a business that i'm moving away along with my ass because of the high taxation), and the same goes for my family, that has a little grocery.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
ljudotina
Legendary

Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:56:31 AM

no.

If Italy taxes you on BTC it means that should you make a profit, you will need to pay 20% tax on the profit - 20% is Capital Gains tax in Italy (CGT).  Meaning that Italy have recognised BTC as an asset (indirectly). Thus the opposite should be true, if you lose on BTC then you have a CGT loss.

So BTC in the eyes of Italy is like a house, you buy and sell, the difference being +100k, you pay 20%.  If the difference is -100k, you have a tax credit for future CGT.

the new tax it's not specifically related to BTC. it applies to all incoming bank transfers. Unfortunately when you cash out btc from an exchange you've to use a bank wire.

Another risk Italy gov's is going to expose italian citizens: double taxation. As I said before is up to the recipient to prove that those money hasn't to be taxed. If he fails or just forgot to do it it could pay the taxes twice. Once when he received the money and once when he have the annual rendezvous with the tax man.

There is no Italian BTC exchange? That would solve pretty much whole problem.

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:09:17 PM

Is this reported somewhere on a "real" news site?  I can not find anything searching the web for "Italy incoming bank wire 20% tax" and related terms.  If this is indeed true, it would be tremendous (but not really surprising) news.

It's true. Biggest financial newspaper in italy:
http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/notizie/2014-02-13/ritenuta-automatica-bonifici-estero-064329.shtml

Thanks!  Looked the newspaper up on Wikipedia, and it looks indeed trustworthy.  The Google translation also is at least good enough to confirm the basic message.  This is really interesting news, then!

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: