Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:05:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Lightning Network's newest arrival, Actinium (ACM)  (Read 134 times)
nostrakhan (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:22:59 PM

Written by caphook on medium:

Over the past few years the crypto-sphere has matured quickly. Bitcoin/cryptocurrency went from being an obscure idea only taken seriously in the dubious corners of the internet to being discussed regularly on CNBC and other mainstream media outlets. Bitcoin itself has become a legitimate financial asset around the globe currently being valued over 100bill, while the total cryptocurrency sector’s market cap reached a peak of $750billion just 6 months ago. The CME group, the world’s largest futures exchange, succeeded in launching a bitcoin futures market, signifying one of the most successful futures implementations in history. Yes, bad actors and rampant fraud still exist—this WAS an unregulated space and if you came here to make a quick buck you’re most likely going to lose your shirt. Nevertheless, the enthusiasm and real life applications of this tech have never been more legitimate. Right now, the most brilliant minds in the tech-world are working on making bitcoin and cryptocurrencies accessible to the masses.

Of course, we still have a long way to go in proving this technology to be viable for serious widespread adoption. For instance, the current size of the bitcoin blockchain does not allow for quick (under 1 minute, preferably under 1 second) transactions to occur consistently, if at all. Meanwhile Visa (direct competition) can process 40,000 transactions per second, consistently, without issue. How can bitcoin compete? Answer, (buzzword alert!) Lightning Network (LN). What is Lightning Network? The simplest explanation I can give describing LN would be; it is an added feature that is built on top (Second Layer) of the existing foundational blockchain codebase, that allows for ultra fast transactions in peer-to-peer fashion, without compromising the integrity of the blockchain. Lightning Network gives bitcoin the potential to directly challenge fiat supremacy by being able to transact with anybody on the planet quickly and seamlessly. This will have a huge Impact helping bitcoin’s blockchain meet global demand. It’s a big deal.

Want to hear something that’s going to blow your mind?

Currently, there are only three coins (out of thousands) utilizing the Lightning Network. Those coins are, Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Actinium. I’m sure you’ve heard of the first two, which is why I’m here to talk about the newest arrival to the Lightning Network, Actinium (ACM). This coin was launched fairly with no pre-mine, no ICO, and no shady dev rewards. Every Actinium coin that exists today was created the old-fashioned way—it was mined into existence by the individuals who sacrifice(d) hash-power to secure the network. The main developer (Harris Brakmic) is active in their message boards, he shows his actual face instead of hiding behind an avatar (like me), and is an absolute beast when it comes to writing code—just check his GitHub (https://github.com/brakmic). When it comes to quality work, cutting-edge technology, and a team that leads by example every step of the way, look no further than Actinium.

This needs to be said; THIS TECHNOLOGY IS STILL EXTREMELY YOUNG!!! Blockchain technology was officially created less than a decade ago! The Lightning Network is still in beta and has been subject to attacks. The entire cryptocurrency sector is in its infancy and it is important that we do not lose sight of the fact that the real name of the game is patience and diligence. If we want to succeed at building the future then we’ve got to be prepared to do the hard work.

Speaking of hard work; would you like to know who puts in the hard work? Join the message boards of your favorite coins, ask the teams/communities questions, mine some coins, stake some coins, setup a masternode, ask how you can contribute and be serious when you do—you’ll find out who the truly hard workers are quick enough. Feel free to begin here, (https://actinium.org) it’s Actinium’s official website.

The more I learn and the more I get involved in the crypto-sphere the more I’m drawn to projects that have a combination of supportive, knowledgeable, and hard working teams as well as equally committed community members. There’s something satisfying about contributing to projects that have a genuine desire to help one another while demonstrating commitment through leading by example. Actinium is a project and a community of which I am excited to be a part and watch grow. I am a proud Actinian!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jasydoggye

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:59:31 AM

It was good to know about another coin using the lightning network. Previously there was only bitcoin and litecoin. Thanks for your elaborate explanation on the new coin. Am looking forward to this.
steve_rogers321

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:38:32 PM

Yes I read about it and like their approach. I think it will be a great project and will be successful if they can keep the pace.I am really excited and looking forward to this.
pimondcrypto

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:49:07 PM

Actinium is a cryptocurrency which uses lightning network which will ensure superfast transactions. The benefit of the lightning network is that it provides instantaneous transactions with near zero fee. It aims to provide 2nd layer solution and make crypto easy and available to every individual.
BlackAngel999

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:12:39 PM

With the popularity of bitcoin as well as the crypto currency market different projects are coming to this market. This is also a new project. This project seems to be very good but we cannot say anything now. Hope that this will do well in the market.
cryptolovers990

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:34:06 PM

Given that the market is just on the verge of a bull run, this new coins might find it hard to survive in the market because the investors have been in HODL for a long time and right now they are looking for a return of their investments.
theyoungmillionaire007

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:57:09 PM

ACM's new arrival, wow! Though its their newest member arrival, but its exciting to see the growing demands and hence developments being made, the technology is still very fresh and still budding. soon, people will be into this in no time.
theyoungmillionaire007

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:34:13 PM

looks like a promising coin with a lot of potential. If the development goes smooth then it definitely has a chance to compete with other profitable coins.
scribble2

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:15:29 PM

Although there are only three coins are utilizing lightining network but it will help to develop overloaded transaction. I think we have to know more about this new technology as we are trying to develop our knowledge about crypto world.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: