Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:09:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @fonestar (on the ZeroKnowledge Blog) is a true hero  (Read 3110 times)
Zarathustra (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:43:06 AM

He is feeding all the trolls ("zeroheads") there without losing energy and enthusiasm.

Quote of the week:

The Bitcoiners are going to totally destroy your society and your "laws"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-16/bitcoin-greatly-rotating-bullion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deuteragenie

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:27:48 AM

Epic:

Gold vs bitcoin thread, extract:

SG: "No, gold is real."
FS: "If your gold has not received three confirmations on the blockchain it is not real."
GoldBit89

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

Its all about the Gold

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:00:36 PM

Epic:

Gold vs bitcoin thread, extract:

SG: "No, gold is real."
FS: "If your gold has not received three confirmations on the blockchain it is not real."

+1   LOL.   love it

FTC  6nvzqqaCEizThvgMeC86MGzhAxGzKEtNH8 |WDC WckDxipCes2eBmxrUYEhrUfNNRZexKuYjR  |BQC bSDm3XvauqWWnqrxfimw5wdHVDQDp2U8XU
BOT EjcroqeMpZT4hphY4xYDzTQakwutpnufQR |BTG geLUGuJkhnvuft77ND6VrMvc8vxySKZBUz |LTC  LhXbJMzCqLEzGBKgB2n73oce448BxX1dc4
BTC 1JPzHugtBtPwXgwMqt9rtdwRxxWyaZvk61  |ETH 0xA6cCD2Fb3AC2450646F8D8ebeb14f084F392ACFf
davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:09:03 PM

@fonestar is good fun.. quick cutting replies. He's doing well; I've seen a couple of others helping out there too. It's all good.. gets people thinking and Zerohedge is a good crowd to encourage.

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
gollum

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:10:04 PM

FoneStar is the troll
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:15:34 PM

The tards there just don't get Bitcoin.

They are a bunch of old geezers who are polishing their AR15's and their gold bricks and don't see any other way to preserve their capital (if they have any) from the evil banks and the FED.

You can't sink Bitcoins in a lake and pretend it was a boating accident so they don't want it.

They say think like "It's TOO-LIPS and a PONZI and the mighty government will ban it and take away all your Bitcoins whilst I'm sitting in on my porch with gun in hand defending my gold stash."
gollum

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:27:04 PM

They are a bunch of old geezers who are polishing their AR15's and their gold bricks and don't see any other way to preserve their capital (if they have any) from the evil banks and the FED.

You can't sink Bitcoins in a lake and pretend it was a boating accident so they don't want it.

They say think like "It's TOO-LIPS and a PONZI and the mighty government will ban it and take away all your Bitcoins whilst I'm sitting in on my porch with gun in hand defending my gold stash."
If you dont have gold and a rifle in your hand, you dont own it.
The sames goes with bitcoin, how can you own it when your wallet might be hacked or your HDD might crash?
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:27:16 PM

There have been some hilarious threads over there in the last few months. Fonestar is getting more and more comical as it goes on. Great to read.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:39:20 PM

If you dont have gold and a rifle in your hand, you dont own it.
The sames goes with bitcoin, how can you own it when your wallet might be hacked or your HDD might crash?

Bitcoin is easier to protect (and conceal) than gold.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:03:00 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 11:33:31 PM by FalconFly

Although alot of ZH'lers may be old tards - the old tards usually get it right, to a certain limit.
One of the reasons for that IMHO is, that many of them got burned at least once in the past and learned their lession the hard way. Painful but useful lessions of life.

Plus, trying to permanently (for some reason) put BitCoin into some competition with physical Gold is as unfair as it gets. Not even a fight, because the "rules" of the "fight" don't make any sense.

It's like putting Apple and Orange into the ring and try to force them to battle each other for some incomprehensible reason.
Despite both being tasty and healthy (if served right and in good condition!) and both being useful for us humans - they're still different and need to be handled accordingly (I mean, try to just bite into a raw orange like you would do with an apple, you'll quickly remember some procedure needs to be followed before you can eat the Orange; may come out with a weird texture and bitter taste otherwise Wink ).

The only thing that by now makes me wonder.... why always BTC vs Gold ?
At times it seems it's like someone (or some institution *cough* ) intentionally placed that seed of conflict into both camps as a well-devised false flag troll attack to divide two camps and ignite fights. Always smells a bit like divide & conquer to me.

...because at the end of the day, both camps should have more in common than most would think by now (judging the lenghty arguments) and there's practically no reason both assets shouldn't exist peacefully next to each other. Both have their purpose and uses, both definitely have potential.

Might be worth revisiting in that context, because it's not like they didn't plan to influence social media already years ago :
Federal Reserve plans to Identify key bloggers
Ben Bernanke Prepares To Eavesdrop On Everything Mentioning The Fed
( includes FED whitepaper Sentiment Analysis And Social Media Monitoring Solution RFP, Request for Proposal (Event-6994, Sep 2011) )

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
Zarathustra (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:26:11 AM

Sun, 02/16/2014 - 21:56 | 4443875 Soul Glow

Do you write just to read your own writing?  If that is the case keep it on paper and stop wasting your time here on ZH.

---------

Sun, 02/16/2014 - 21:58 | 4443885 Dre4dwolf

I write whatever the fuck I want, where I want and when I want to piss off ... whoever I want.

----------

Sun, 02/16/2014 - 21:59 | 4443891 fonestar

+1000.  That's the cryptoanarchist spirit right there!
gollum

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:32:24 AM

Why the constant debate over BTC vs Gold?
I believe in BTC + Gold, as a colored bitcoin with an IOU on a physical gold coin.
Or an alt-coin that can solve that IOU-functionality better.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:45:03 PM

fonestar is a little shrill, but clearly a fighter, and an extremist, but my heart has always gone out to certain (peaceful) extremists (that is why I became enchanted with FOFOA´s $55,000/oz call on gold even before I read they guy´s blog in detail)...  I don´t have any problem with fonestar.  He has mentioned that he owns PMs as well.

Without fonestar, I might not have wound up buying any BTC...

As I have mentioned in other threads, even if you hold "cold wallets" stuffed with BTC, I would add physical gold (no "paper gold", no GLD or futures) to any core long-term holdings.

"If you don´t hold it, you don´t own it."  And protected with a gun or two...
uranian

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:18:37 PM

Nonsense!

(though I am old enough to remember the demise of goldismoney.info, due to too much excellent information in a small space)
Shibboleth

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:41:40 PM

OK so I am a long long time reader of Zerohedge back to the .blogspot days. I am a gold bug and also a bitcoinbug and they are a not mutually exclusive in my opinion

Fonestar is a troll from TPTB. Zerohedge is bearish on Bitcoin after initially pushing it and the reason for this is that the readers of ZH are ( mostly ) a bunch of old libertarians stacking silver and ammo who have not initially got crypto's - yet. Fonestars role is to push cryto's away from this group, the prose, talking in the third person etc is highly annoying and his message is uber uber bitcoin.

A troll pure and simple NOT a hero
FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:23:56 AM

Isn't fonestar just like the "MillionDollarBonus" Troll was until recently ?

Basically both are just argumenting 100% against whatever is mainstream or viewed as widely accepted/fact, using so ludicrous lines of argumentation that at least in fonestar's case, many believe he's using that technique to display maximum irony (i.e. meant to read his texts in the exact opposite way he wrote them). Wouldn't make much sense otherwise. May not even be one single person (mimicing the tyler durdens), although the writing style is pretty unique.

Given how frequent and lenghty these usually post, they're either unemployed armchair investors & hawk the ZH comment section - or indeed paid to do that job fulltime to spread FUD.

If he was serious about his Bitcoin opinions - I'd label him an almost blindly religious bitcoin cheerleader right now. Still serves as a good contraindicator. In any case, not a good investment strategy advisor for sure...

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
fonestar

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:16:41 PM

Hello, this is fonestar of Zerohedge defame.

fonestar wants to take the time to address this counter-conspiracy that he is somehow a TPTB shill.  Nothing is further from the truth, fonestar has been in Bitcoin since 2011 and trades on localbitcoins.com as well as btc-e.com.  While fonestar acknowledges popular websites are polluted with shills pushing different angles, he is not one of them.

As for your assertion that fonestar is on Zerohedge to purposely keep geezers and goldbugs out of Bitcoins, it is nonsense.  No work has to be done with these people.  They wear their ignorance like a badge.  They were raised to believe stupid is tough and smart is weakness.  You can have fun with these people though and the only thing that will turn their heads is when Bitcoin continues to make meteoric new highs.  We are on the right side of history, we do not need to pander to the LCD to get where we are going.

Satoshi is coding for us what we could not code for ourselves.
bitjoint

Activity: 333

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:12:45 PM

Hello, this is fonestar of Zerohedge defame.

fonestar wants to take the time to address this counter-conspiracy that he is somehow a TPTB shill.  Nothing is further from the truth, fonestar has been in Bitcoin since 2011 and trades on localbitcoins.com as well as btc-e.com.  While fonestar acknowledges popular websites are polluted with shills pushing different angles, he is not one of them.

As for your assertion that fonestar is on Zerohedge to purposely keep geezers and goldbugs out of Bitcoins, it is nonsense.  No work has to be done with these people.  They wear their ignorance like a badge.  They were raised to believe stupid is tough and smart is weakness.  You can have fun with these people though and the only thing that will turn their heads is when Bitcoin continues to make meteoric new highs.  We are on the right side of history, we do not need to pander to the LCD to get where we are going.

Satoshi is coding for us what we could not code for ourselves.

Hahah hi fonestar! I read your comments at ZH and you crack me up... one simple question: why do you always speak in third person?  Grin Also, who is the guy in your ZH avatar?
fonestar

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:31:48 PM

fonestar is just managed by a PAL, so not exactly the third person.  The avatar is of Ezra Pound, a man who sought to raise the dead art of poetry and expose the usurious central bankers (and was thus considered to be crazy).
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:18:14 AM

fonestar is just managed by a PAL, so not exactly the third person.  The avatar is of Ezra Pound, a man who sought to raise the dead art of poetry and expose the usurious central bankers (and was thus considered to be crazy).

What is a PAL? I've been wondering about that. I have read ZH since 2012 BTW.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: