Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:01:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is going UP because there are new BIG investors and more people believe  (Read 204 times)
ACHANCE (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:22:03 PM

Bitcoin is going UP because there are new BIG investors and more people believe on Bitcoin.
                                                   and many organizations accept bitcoin payment   

AND SO BITCOIN GO UP TO $20000 AGAIN
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Newboybb

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:25:02 PM

But I think the recent rally is not really a bull market, it's just a big rally in a bear market.
Because most altcoin did not have a good rise, only BTC had a big rise.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:47:12 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

But I think the recent rally is not really a bull market, it's just a big rally in a bear market.
Because most altcoin did not have a good rise, only BTC had a big rise.

How do you define "bull market" or "bear market"?

If we had an overall up trend from late 2015 to late 2017, are we out of that uptrend, or just in a short term correction?  That would not necessarily be a bear market, even though the trend turned downward for a period of correction.

Regarding alt coin rise, what the fuck are you talking about?  Alt coins were pumped into a state of craziness, and they had a few pumps that might have been riding on the tail of bitcoin, but also had some of their own dynamics, depending upon which of the shit coins you are referring to.  Some of the various alt coins and ICOs are continuing to be pumped far beyond any feasible value that they have, yet concededly, there pumping potential has dried up somewhat in recent months, and perhaps some of the froth was removed (at least temporarily).  I am not so presumptuous as to assert that I know where alt coins are going to go, but there is likely still enough ambition and permission in the crypto space that they are likely to have some more pump periods that go much beyond any kind of real value that they are likely to provide to the space, except for bringing a lot of dumb money into the the space that might get smart enough to migrate some of the value over to bitcoin, perhaps?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:13:08 PM

Bitcoin is going UP because there are new BIG investors and more people believe on Bitcoin.

If Bitcoin goes back to 20,000$ it will then very easily proceed towards 20,000$ and more. IF. But technically we are still in a bear market, I am afraid.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:43:04 PM

If Bitcoin goes back to 20,000$ it will then very easily proceed towards 20,000$ and more. IF. But technically we are still in a bear market, I am afraid.

What kind of "technically" are you talking about?  Some kind of definition in your own head, or other people are saying "we are in a bear market," so it must be true?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:04:20 PM

There are well founded rumours of large institutional investments coming to the world of crypto, and Bitcoin is likely to be one of the main targets of these new flows of capital. It should increase the value, the question is when.

ljp7839008

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:42:03 PM

Not to say that this is a strong rise! Yes, bitcoin has grown! For so much time made a step up, but most of the coins did not make the jump up. I think it's questionable progress!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:31:47 PM

Not to say that this is a strong rise! Yes, bitcoin has grown! For so much time made a step up, but most of the coins did not make the jump up. I think it's questionable progress!

Why give a shit about other coins?  It is far from obvious that other coins are going to go up merely because bitcoin goes up, and a large majority of them only get any kind of attention because they are hanging on the coattails of bitcoin. 

Surely, if you are invested in other coins then you want them to pump, but rarely is there any kind of meaningful fundamentals, beyond potential to pump.. and if there is any meaningful potential then that meaningful potential will likely get absorbed into bitcoin.

Seriousbizz

Activity: 155

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:10:32 PM

LOl, maybe that is the case, maybe not. Whether or not it is that Bitcoin is going up because they are new big investors or more people are beginning to invest in it, it is good news for people in the crypto industry. Why it is necessary to be concerned about what is causing the increase, I would rather focus on the fact that there is an increase right now.
Zheko87

Activity: 172

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:19:43 PM

I think in 2018 we can’t see BTC price over 13-15k. New rally not coming in this year.
nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:33:25 PM

BTC is going up because of the upcoming bitcoin ETF decision that is slated to take place next month, so many people are buying BTC believing that the out come of the new will be positive, if that fails to happen, I think btc will dip again. 

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:36:43 AM

What kind of "technically" are you talking about?  Some kind of definition in your own head, or other people are saying "we are in a bear market," so it must be true?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Nope. Everything is just in the charts, we like it or not. Since ATH we are in a very clear downwards channel.  Every new high this year has been a lower high, each of them piercing upwards the downward channel a little bit with very typical bulltraps, the latest of which exactly on the day of your post. Basic Technical Analysis. I am afraid we still have to find a bottom. I wish I were wrong, since I am am on the wrong side of the market, ie holding. I wish I had sold my BTCs at the time of my previous post, now I could buy them back 2000$ cheaper. My analysis was correct, but my FOMO was wrong.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
bungutko

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:13:05 AM

I am very optimistic that bitcoin will make a good recovery in the coming months. These bear market is just temporary even though this will take a while but definitely this will recover soon. I don't think it will still go beyond the $6k level wherein this adjustments may had extended further in preparation for the upcoming recovery. Investors should not worry for now and stay calm for it may recover back.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:09:22 PM

What kind of "technically" are you talking about?  Some kind of definition in your own head, or other people are saying "we are in a bear market," so it must be true?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Nope. Everything is just in the charts, we like it or not. Since ATH we are in a very clear downwards channel.  Every new high this year has been a lower high, each of them piercing upwards the downward channel a little bit with very typical bulltraps, the latest of which exactly on the day of your post. Basic Technical Analysis.

Perhaps.  However, being in a "bear market" versus being in a bit of a prolonged correction could be merely a matter of framework.

Bitcoin took a bit more than two years to go up from the mid $200s in mid 2015 to its $19,666 price peak, and so retrospectively we could have labelled that as a bull market, but I don't think that we realized that we were in a bull market until around May 2016 or perhaps later.  Similarly here, I think the term bear market is too prematurely applied because you even seem to accept a definition of being in a bear market is that the price is more likely to break out to the downside rather than the upside.. and I am not quite there with you with such assumptions, even though a lot of people are continuing to make these kinds of assertions.   Even if the price does break down in the next time around, might not confirm that we are "in a bear market" because it could merely confirm that "the bottom of this current correction is in".

By the way, there have been at least 4 attempts to significantly break below $6k since early February.. which also would tend to give less credence to your "bear market assessment" and really suggest that a bear market label remains premature.. at this time.

I am afraid we still have to find a bottom.

Your afraid because you have a feeling that weighs more towards down rather than up, but you really are just grasping at straws and trying to describe the downside scenario as more certain than even you can muster up in your own thinking.

I wish I were wrong, since I am am on the wrong side of the market, ie holding.

Well at least you are doing one thing right, and holding.  Perhaps your too strong of a negative assessment might be causing you to be making a mistake by not buying a bit more at these prices.

I wish I had sold my BTCs at the time of my previous post, now I could buy them back 2000$ cheaper.

So fucking what?  Almost everyone who is holding any kind of quantity of BTC through the ups and downs can look at the BTC price in retrospect and say to him(her)self, " I wished that I had sold a bit more when the price was higher."  That is not saying anything.  Of course, any volatile market is going to have ups and downs and the bears are going to attempt to take advantage as much as they can of downward BTC price momentum to attempt to get people to sell their coins at the bottom by misinformation and continued attempts to push the price down.  At a certain point, they run out of sellers.

My analysis was correct, but my FOMO was wrong.

I am not sure what that means.  It happens to a lot of us that we might buy too much as the price is going up, and then the price reverses on us.

I have been in bitcoin since late 2013.  So I had found out about how to get into bitcoin towards the top of the then price surge to $1,163, and therefore I bought throughout 2014, while the price was going down.  Furthermore, I was afraid to sell any BTC in 2015 because I would have been selling at a loss, so I held and bought a bit more here and there.  By the time late 2015 came along, I had figured out a strategy that I could sell a portion of some of the coins that I had bought in the lower $200s for higher prices in order to prepare in the event that the price went low again.  In October/November 2015 when the price shot from about $280 to $500, instead of selling some of my BTC as I had planned, and alternatively instead of HODLing, I bought some BTC close to $500, and it took more than 6 months for those $500 BTC to return to profitability.  So certainly, I understand the feeling of FOMO buying, and there are a lot of people that get sucked into that kind of trap.. especially if they are new to bitcoin and have not figured out a more rational strategy to deal with BTC price spurts, which are nearly inevitable with the ongoing price dynamics of this market.

So the best strategy is to buy on the way down and to sell on the way up, and if you get emotional about what you are doing, then the alternative would just be to HODL through it.. and perhaps you are attempting the HODL strategy at the moment, but even if you have fears and senses of certainty about which way the BTC price is going, you gotta take your own feelings with a grain of salt, because in the end, BTC prices can go either way, and any current assessment of a BTC "bear market" seems way too premature.

stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:12:10 PM

Yes, it will. Simple as that. Remember Bitcoin have died many times, it once was $1200 then go back to $180. It's not only pass previous high $1200, it also go to $19000.

Oniko

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:17:04 PM

Do you urgently need to sell bitcoin? Why write this?

Where are the links to new large investors? Where statements from rich people. It's just empty talk and nothing more.
megaflux7

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:26:29 PM

We are still in the bear market. Cryptocurrency participants need to chill and stop jubilating that we are back in the bull run whenever we see some few increase in bitcoin's price. Observe the market for weeks then if the uptrend is consistent then we can conclude that we are back in bull run..
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:32:05 PM

Okay. But what does this have to do with 'Altcoin Discussion'? You should move your topic to 'Bitcoin Discussion.' (You should find a 'Move topic' button at the bottom left corner of your thread.)
On-topic, if Bitcoin reaches $20,000, then what? I am interested to know your hypothesis.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:40:07 PM

I wonder what is connected with today's fall of bitcoin? Bad news? Something canceled?

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
ayo_deji1

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:40:27 PM

The market at the moment is bringing in so much worries, as the dip is just getting worse. For bitcoin to get to such an high rate will be very difficult at the moment. But, I'm sure the market will get stabled pretty soon. All crypto investors just need to calm down and wait till the market gets better.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: