Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:22:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake private ICO scam exposed!  (Read 289 times)
FindingCrypto (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:27:12 PM
Merited by imjustagirl (1)

I was lurking around Telegram looking for a good ICO to join. Then this post appeared https://medium.com/@cryptomedics/fake-private-ico-group-scam-exposed-db421b63dbaf. The scammers created a private ICO group to lure people in saying they are genuine staff of Hedera Hashgraph looking for new investors. After investigating the scammers, the CM admins found out their leader, his name is Jonathan Teroskyi. They also said that at least there are four people involve in the scam. Additionally, one of the CryptoAdmins said the con artists even shared their own group in Hashgraph official telegram group, some people even got invited personally by one of the fake accounts. Please share this so people wont get scammed by these con artists anymore.  

Here is an image of the scammers teamspeak (looks very professional):

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*FQlu9FL5UO5xFpXyb_Jnrw.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acidburn14

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 04:35:20 PM

It's a good thing you know how to read and investigate. There is a lot of scammers lurking in this world and luckily for you to know it before it's too late. I don't know if you are a newbie just here in the forum or the cryptocurrency itself but I think you are not the type of person who just want to invest without prior research. Keep it up and be careful not to fall to hands of those crocodiles.

Trustor

Activity: 342
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:21:03 PM

I am really grateful to you that you have managed to post about this and i am sure this will be helpful to everyone out there
And you seem to be a person who has done a thorough search about the history of the company
And your contribution to this has really helped me and hopfully to others too.
farukahmed

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:25:42 PM

There are many kinds of scam ICO in the bounty but we find out the scam ICO then the report scam ICO association post. You can campaign in private ICO  in the market from crypto related. We can find out our fake ICO project, I am sure your profile will be strong the scam post in bounty related post. Then most important system in crypto market. 

∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎   BlockMembers.io   ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎
|▌ THE FUTURE OF HOME BUILDING IS HERE ▐|
Isaackim

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:58:52 PM

Thank you for the information. Exposing these Scam ICO's helps others alot
Mazzary

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:15:55 AM

very useful information has provided scammer data, investors and hunters should be careful, many fraudsters utilize telegram groups for fraud
Dimon8

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:05:51 AM

You are well done. Thanks for the work you've done. Our community needs more people like you, because the number of scammers is growing. I myself would have done a similar job, but unfortunately I am very busy with my basic work.
tolgahanuzun

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:25:53 PM

It is very good that you posted this information here. This momezhet, turn a blind eye to other people on the project and they will not invest in it. There are also those who will risk and lose their money.

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
mari12

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:57:05 AM

I am to read that these scammers are being fished out. I really wish I could come across news like this daily and that these news to get to a better and bigger audience. These scammers are really doing the most and they are making a bad new for new ICOs and they are really discouraging people.
zatteis

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:05:27 PM

Thank you very much, you are the one who is trying to fight against these SCAM projects which have the only goal of raising funds and just disappear. Thank you very much for your effort and I hope there were more people like you trying to get rid of this trash projects; however, new ones are created and it's really impossible to track if they are scams or not
Ciucas

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 07:14:32 PM

Whenever someone contacts you on telegram to offer you a good deal to invest in an ICO, it's always a scam. All ICO's are warning to only send funds to the addresses that are mentioned on the ICO's website. So it's better to just block the people that are contacting you to propose you these offers.

obility

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:56:47 PM

Thanks for sharing this important information in the forum, I am in the group and I didn't know what's going on, everyone should always be careful and share some information that would really help the community members to stay away from been scammed.
mario00

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:32:19 PM

It is a good thing that some of these fake ICOs are being exposed, I really do wish that a lot more could be fished out and more people would be relieved from the possibility of being scammed. Thanks for sharing your findings. Hopefully, people will be more careful and do their own part as to not getting scammed.
andrejfilipov876

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:22:35 PM

Preliminary research is the most important component when investing in cryptocurrency or any other kind of activity
atorle

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 06:25:31 PM

Thanks for the warming, I just there is a way we could rid the crypto ecosystem of scams so that investor will be better able to invest without fears.
hanzosum

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:28:12 PM

Thanks for the informative writings.

God damned scammers are defeating the all market because of loosing faith of new investors. I hope that we can see global turst and check system for ICO's.

And by the way: I hate all ICOs!  Undecided
kai0001

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:29:54 PM

https://medium.com/@LindaCrypto/uchain-building-the-next-generation-blockchain-for-the-sharing-economy-be8cec8a92d4
quite good
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:32:49 PM

Thank you for informing the community about this scam, there are lots of scam ICOs and they are not taken serious though they steal lots of money from investors.

Dcoollakky247

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:37:02 PM

That is the power of information. And you can only access that information only when you avail yourself to some researches and investigation. It's good that you fished out these scammers.
Insert_

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:06:37 PM

thank you for the useful information, I am sure that it will be useful for everyone,we all need to be more careful, and investors and bounty hunters, although it is now very difficult to distinguish scams.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: