Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:56:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ✅ PRE-ANN ✅ PROOF OF DILIGENCE ✅ Developer Verification for PoW Projects ✅  (Read 888 times)
lowercaseG (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:28:02 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2018, 06:18:44 AM by lowercaseG

We have released the first version of the POD whitepaper! Please check it out, join our Discord and come to the Q&A tomorrow before the first airdrop begins!

https://i.imgur.com/4vgA5Q0.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hasher2018

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:28:12 PM

reserved
pinball_wizard

Activity: 702
Merit: 102

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:51:21 PM

Wow...I'm in for the cat...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:54:24 PM

Wow.  Id highly recommend changing that copyrighted logo you stole from the shoe brand "pod".   

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
Johnny Carsonogenic

Activity: 537
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:00:41 PM

The logos are different, one is vertical the other is angled
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 03:06:46 PM

Reminds me of CryptoAsian Proof of Developer,,, Ah the good ol days

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

buzzkillb

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:09:16 PM

Curious what you guys have planned on this one.
cattano

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:44:23 PM

So who are the team of this unique project?
Where can we know about the team member of this project?
lowercaseG (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:51:07 PM

The whitepaper will be released in a couple of days with team member information. We will update this thread when it is live!
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:42:54 PM

i see there is a bounty for this project, and when will you share what bounties do you have?
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:47:50 PM

Intresting project. Don't understand why it needs seperate ERC-20 token/coin. Apart from funding.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:33:22 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2018, 01:09:41 AM by monsanto
Merited by AmoreJaz (1)

Interesting idea. I'd note though that under your Proof of Diligence system Satoshi Nakamoto wouldn't even earn the lowest Bronze rating  Cheesy
SpydrZero
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:30:58 PM
Merited by elyas772 (1)

The concept of the project seems cool but I would like to know who the developers are and if they will abide the exact same requirements of the developers they wish to verify.

Given this is a new project asking for government IDs and such, I personally do not feel comfortable as a developer providing that information to a stranger. I believe that if the developers, creators and team of PoD are going to reveal their government IDs, etc to the public then it would make sense to ask of that information from developers of the projects to be rated.

This is important because in the day and age of KYC/AML, there is no guarantee of identity protection and many of these projects are based in Asia where there is no protection for users outside of those regions.

Also, I believe that this type of verification is necessary if PoD is vetting ICOs but if they are evaluating Proof of Work projects, I do not see the purpose of asking developers for the government IDs unless the proof of work projects are pre-selling coin packages or doing something similar to an ICO.

lowercaseG (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:33:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback and support everyone. Please wait until the whitepaper is released to understand more about the verification process, and who will see what information.
PODTeamOfficial

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:24:05 AM

Thanks for the feedback on the project guys, we will keep everyone updated Smiley

i see there is a bounty for this project, and when will you share what bounties do you have?

We will post our bounty details once the airdrop is live, please keep in touch on the discord for any details on any bounties

Intresting project. Don't understand why it needs seperate ERC-20 token/coin. Apart from funding.

We issued a ERC-20 to initially market the project and make the community aware about the service, hence why its released to the public as an airdrop. The aim of the project is not to associate a value for the token but more to provide a service for the mining community and developers

The concept of the project seems cool but I would like to know who the developers are and if they will abide the exact same requirements of the developers they wish to verify.

Given this is a new project asking for government IDs and such, I personally do not feel comfortable as a developer providing that information to a stranger. I believe that if the developers, creators and team of PoD are going to reveal their government IDs, etc to the public then it would make sense to ask of that information from developers of the projects to be rated.

This is important because in the day and age of KYC/AML, there is no guarantee of identity protection and many of these projects are based in Asia where there is no protection for users outside of those regions.

Also, I believe that this type of verification is necessary if PoD is vetting ICOs but if they are evaluating Proof of Work projects, I do not see the purpose of asking developers for the government IDs unless the proof of work projects are pre-selling coin packages or doing something similar to an ICO.

We aim to address your concerns once our whitepaper is released which will state which information which will be published, how developers are verified and how information is handled.

We remind developers that POD is not a mandatory service, it is more aimed at developers who wish to present a professional image around their project and our platform gives them a chance to do that by giving details on their experience, skills and how they can deliver on their project.

PODTeamOfficial

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:27:34 AM

Currently getting some good feedback on the project Smiley

Please join our discord https://discord.gg/NUNBb7 to get all the info on the upcoming airdrop which starts on the 22nd July 12pm PST
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:12:14 PM

Currently getting some good feedback on the project Smiley

Please join our discord https://discord.gg/NUNBb7 to get all the info on the upcoming airdrop which starts on the 22nd July 12pm PST

Invite doesn't work. Probably expired
PODTeamOfficial

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:14:58 PM

Invite doesn't work. Probably expired

Apologies, please try this one https://discord.gg/xpa67Vz
Aeotx

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:27:03 PM

The project seems interesting. Please reserve for me Filipino Translation if you need this work in the future. More power!
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1118

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:44:13 PM

Following with great interest. For those getting expired invite on discord. Make sure you disnt reach the maximum number of channels too!

Airdrop will be announced here on the main topic and on social media?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████