Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:29:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Pump and Dump Schemes" and Suspected Money Laundering Transactions  (Read 82 times)
researcher194 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:00:51 PM

Dear readers, I am German, and I hope you can understand my English statements.

1. Amongst the different relatively new cryptos respectively already established cryptos I´ve detected five different types:

1) Such ones with central relevance for currency transactions like Bitcoin, Tether or Ethereum.
2) Such ones which were/are launched for collecting money for promising business projects.
3) Such ones which were/are only launched for collecting money - and then going off.
4) Such ones which are interesting for "pump and dump schemes".
5) Such ones which are interesting for money laundering. Yes, in their white papers (if existing) they all have declared: NO MONEY LAUNDERING! But this is only illusion. Nobody is able to control.

In this topic I´ll show you a number of cryptos with typical signs of "pump and dump schemes" (very often to be registered!) and obvious money laundering transactions.

Let´s begin with WORLDCORE, a brand of a small Czech online money transfer institution, EUPSProvider s.r.o. (= a limited company). After ICO in late 2017 the token WRC can be traded at dubious HitBTC exchange, and since a later date also at OKEX exchange, and since a few weeks at its own Worldcore exchange, too.

Here some information about this company:

https://worldcore.eu/

In the chart concerning WRC I found as well dump and pump scheme as heavy money laundering transactions in January of this year.

Here a screenshot of WRC chart:

And here some trading data for January:

The great mystery of the WRC trading period from Jan 17 till Jan 20

During the bounce in WRC price from $ 0,123 up to $ 0,55 between Jan 02 and Jan 07 (pump action by insiders) highest 24h volume was $ 1,8 mio. But market capitalization bounced from about $ 25 million up to nearly $ 100 million, followed by successive dump action

And now the developments in price and 24 h volume for the period mentioned above (there are four settlements of trading data per day!):

Date                           Price ($)                24h volume ($)

Jan 17 (first low
after top)                    0,24                         65 mio

Jan 18                         0,33                        148 mio
                                    0,29                        202 mio
                                    0,32                        289 mio

Jan 19                         0,35                        418 mio
                                    0,36                        442 mio
                                    0,41                        421 mio
                                    0,38                        235 mio

Jan 20                         0,39                          35 mio
                                    0,38                            4 mio
                                    0,40                            3 mio
                                    0,39                            2,7 mio

Watch the extreme 24h volumes on Jan 18 and 19! I am convinced that during this period over $ 1000 mio. of "black money" have been transferred to unknow adresses, may be in offshore territories.

You can control these data in the original chart, using a line cursor with which you can find data for each daily settlement:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/worldcore/

For me there is only one plausible explanation: OTC market transactions of big players. (Such transactions on an internet platform are totally anonymous!) As you should know: In this period WRC token only were traded on dubious HitBTC exchange, and this exchange had a partnership with the OTC trading online platform extendeddealers.com operated by a dubious small Tallinn/Estonia based company, AA Brothers OÜ, later transferred to London and renamed to "trustedvolumes.com", now operated by the FCA licensed and regulated broker company Sequant Capital Ltd.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bgpsq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:37:58 PM

I am from the Czech Republic and I have never heard about this company. But could you consider pump and dump coin as a scam? Almost every coin was pumped in late 2017 and dumped really hard in early 2018.
kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:55:08 PM

as we see today, the prices of all coins have decreased almost all, this is also one of the games of the big guys, and there are issues now all bustling buy btc

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
researcher194 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:19:56 PM

I am from the Czech Republic and I have never heard about this company. But could you consider pump and dump coin as a scam? Almost every coin was pumped in late 2017 and dumped really hard in early 2018.

I don´t wonder that you never heard about this company though it has launched heavy marketing actions at Prague. But - supposedly - about 60 % of its customers are Japanese.

I don´t think that pump and dump scheme is a scam. Pumping a new coin shortly after trading start - so to say - is "business as usual" - marketing action inspiring confidence, but not only this: I believe that insiders of new "companies" also often push market capitalization and skim off capital into their own pockets in stages during following dump action. And this I define as scam. "Investors" in new tokens should beware of this scheme. 

For me much more interesting is the suspected fact that a lot of cryptos are obviously (ab)used as vehicles for money laundering. Concerning this I have some more tokens in my pipeline. Be prepared of those reports!
researcher194 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:34:56 PM

Now let´s have a look on one of former "investors darlings": TRON.

Here some 24h volume data for the period Dec 30, 2017 thru Jan 05, 2018:

30.12.17: $170 mio
31.12.17: $260 mio - $312 mio - $400 mio
01.01.18: $453 mio - $487 mio
02.01.: $520 mio - $750 mio - $1210 mio
03.01.: $1517 mio - $1630 mio - $1120 mio
04.01.: $2370 mio - $3420 mio - $3515 mio
05.01.: $3842 mio - $4753 mio

- and furthermore sharp declines in volume, price and market capitalization.

I´m convinced there didn´t occure usual pump and dump action, but high grade money laundering. Big packets of "black money" have been changed to TRON - and at the end to "proper fiat", finally deposited in an offshore haven. I might not suggest that TRONIX Foundation was responsible for this event, but scammers who abused this crypto for their illegal action.

https://www.ccn.com/tron-price-drops-off-cliff-despite-excitement-over-mainnet-launch/

Excerpt from this article:
"As Tron Labs stated:
´We must be independent. We must achieve an equal, democratic system, with democratic elections as an integral part of community governance. This is the only way to uphold the popular sovereignty and the natural rights of the token, a cornerstone of our value system around decentralization.´” Nice words!  Grin

But on the other side I don´t exclude that TRON was created for the special purpose of money laundering - especially for Chinese criminal organizations, because TRONIX is a Chinese company. As you should know: Big criminal cartels are very clever in always to find out new ways for money laundering, specially Chinese, Japanese and Russian ones.
researcher194 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:59:24 AM

Dentacoin, a very suspicious Dutch foundation

- established by a Bulgarian and two young German co-founders, currently living in South Africa. It´s very simple to transfer money from a Dutch foundation to an offshore territory like the Caribbean Dutch Antilles Aruba or Curacao . These islands belong to Dutch kingdom but not to the Netherlands. Very strange!

This company´s business idea:

https://dentacoin.com/

Till today there one can hardly observe business development worth mentioning! 

Dentacoin´s founder is "Prof. Dr." Dimitar Dimitrakiev, according to his LinkedIn profile currently a lecturer at Varna University of Management, Bulgaria.
Here the complete current list of academics at this university:

https://vum.bg/academics/

No lecturer with this name! And there has not been one at least in the two years before.

I call this SCAM combined with money laundering transactions - supposedly of Bulgarian mafia. I don´t believe that this business will perform well in next years.
researcher194 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:46:32 PM

as we see today, the prices of all coins have decreased almost all, this is also one of the games of the big guys, and there are issues now all bustling buy btc

I register that you participate in a bounty campaign for BitGoals token, guy. Four team members of BitGoals are Israelis and two ones are co-founders of Tarcha Group Ltd., London: Ben Harris, CEO - Gal Yogev, COO. So I think this token is launched by this company.

https://bitgoals.com/

Sorry, there is no WHITEPAPER! And the info behind the folling link I find very remarkable:

https://www.mga.org.mt/licence-suspended-for-tarcha-group-limited/

My opinion about this project:
SCAM!
researcher194 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:43:28 PM

Here a brandnew token: PROJECT PAI (PAI) with a very crazy business idea behind it with very high 24h volumes in the first steps of exchange trading.

Here its business idea: https://projectpai.com/

Homepage is only available in English and Chinese, and I suspect this project is a Chinese invention. It domiciles in a letter box address at offshore
Cayman Islands.

My opinion: That´s a fraudulent project - push token price and go off. But in view of 24h volumes I also suspect money laundering.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: