Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:04:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Being new to Mt. Gox, I am some newb questions  (Read 647 times)
eyebuyyourcoinz (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:08:46 AM

Hi everyone, I'm planning to create a Mt. Gox account as soon as possible as I hope to be able to buy btc since it's so cheap there now.   I know there's a chance I won't be able to withdraw for a while because withdrawing btc is disabled now, but I'm willing to gamble that they'll eventually fix any technical issues they have.   So I'd like to know some basics about mt. gox account verification and deposits.

Verification: https://mtgox.zendesk.com/entries/25367139-Step-2-Verifying-Your-Account
Required documentation :

"- A CURRENT and VALID Photo ID issued by a government entity (i.e. National Identity card, Drivers license, Passport, etc.).
- Proof of residence issued within the last six months (no exceptions): Utility bill, tax return, insurance payment, etc. We are sorry but NO BANK STATEMENTS will be accepted."

Am I allowed to cover any personal information on the scans/photos of these documents?
How long does it currently take to be verified?  

Deposits

I see that you need to have a verified account to be provided the bank wire details.
But do you need to be verified for all deposit methods including OKPay?
Do you know how long it generally take for a wire transfer or OKPay deposit to be credited to your Mt. Gox account?

Finally, did anyone ever access their gox account from a TOR/VPN IP that was different from their country of residence and have their account suspended?   If my gox account is ever hacked into, I don't want the attacker to know my true IP and then hack my device, possibly finding the wallet.
Smileyftw

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:42:10 AM

For deposits on Gox, It generally took two-three month.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:45:40 AM

I really don't suggest you to deposit your funds into mtgox...
But, if you really understand the risk and want to make that risky gamble, you may try that...

Time needed for verification process varies a lot. Some reported it can be done in 2 weeks, while some mentioned their applications have been rejected with no reason again and again...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: