Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:03:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Karpales is defrauding his customer, you should sue/charge him.  (Read 4101 times)
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:15:04 PM

I had a good laugh reading comments, where people advised that protester to set up a doughnut stand in front of Gox entrance to make Karpeles pay up faster.

Hahaha

LOL. Maybe set up a Frappuchino shop that only accepts Bitcoins and try scam him somehow when he pays  Grin.

Kfc would work

I'm trying to keep the famous Frappuchino involved. Do we know Mark is a KFC guy?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:55:22 PM

For me its quite sure that Mark Karpales aka MTGox is defrauding his customer by not fixing the Malleability issues. I am CEO of a big online company and I can confirm that it only should take 24-72 hours to fix that issue, with gox its already more then a week. He is evidently earning money with the high trading volume due the confusion on MTGox. I am also pretty sure that he is involved in insider trading
by letting himself or friends withdraw cheap MTGox bitcoins.

At least he already understand that MTGox will go down and now he is trying to squeeze his customer at cost of a worldwide bitcoin destability.

To prevent local police investigations he will surely come back with bitcoin withdrawels and I am pretty sure he is already planing to close down his service afterwards. But actually he is earning soo much money/bitcoins due the defrauding of his customer, that he can definatly afford it.

By the way I don´t have money nore bitcoins with MTGox, I am just angry about this obvious fraud and the hugh damage on bitcoins.

Mostly agree with you here.

I can't see why he would need to stall unless he didn't have all the funds. Even bitstamp shut down withdrawals after MTGOX and reopened before them with NO ISSUES!

Bitstamp also doesnt have a limit (daily or monthly) for Bitcoin withdrawals.

All the red flag are there to show that MTGOX is insolvent.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

yumei (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:50:46 PM

I can't see why he would need to stall unless he didn't have all the funds. Even bitstamp shut down withdrawals after MTGOX and reopened before them with NO ISSUES!

1. Due the confusion on MTGox there is a hugh trading volume and therefore he earns a lot of commission.
2. He might doing insider trading, means he or his friend are buying cheap bitcoins from MTGox and selling them somewhere else WITHOUT LIMITS AND WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS.
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:15:53 PM

As a CEO you should first learn how to spell the name of someone who is the target of your psychoanalysis. Otherwise the analysis won't get much credit.

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:44:38 PM

Hey bro, are you a CEO or something? I wasn't sure after reading your posts.
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:10:57 PM

It is impossible

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:08:03 PM

Don't worry, his diabetes will get him

Lets all get together and send him 2 dozen CrispYCreme Double glaze

...Hey presto problem solved ... lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:11:37 PM

I am CEO of a big online company and I can confirm that it only should take 24-72 hours to fix that issue, with gox its already more then a week.

How does being a CEO give you any insight to the scope/complexity of this problem and the estimated time it would take to fix it?
I'll answer that for you: it doesn't.

Ok as a s/w engineer for the last 20 years on banking and billings systems ... with 14 months in the crypto world

A tactical fix is as he says ... is 48-72 hours to have this sorted

A strategic fix would be maybe a week ..also they have know about this for a looooooooooooooooooong time ...so there would already be plans in place to deal with it

1 week of complete shutdown and clean air space to sort this out is more than ample time

Any more and this is all bullshit

There will be "a run on the bank" and GOX are gone ...RIP you fat fuck !

Your days of living of the proceeds of free doughnuts & frappacino's at other expense are over ...there are no free loyalty cards for you any more... pplz want there doughnuts back ..and dont skimp on the frosting !!!   Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:24:10 PM

Hey 31337157 dont you have a brother 31337158 ??

OBJECT NOT FOUND

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:48:25 AM

Hey 31337157 dont you have a brother 31337158 ??

Yeah, we don't talk about him though. He's in a better place now.
ghur

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:05:14 PM

I am CEO of a big online company and I can confirm that it only should take 24-72 hours to fix that issue, with gox its already more then a week.

How does being a CEO give you any insight to the scope/complexity of this problem and the estimated time it would take to fix it?
I'll answer that for you: it doesn't.

Ok as a s/w engineer for the last 20 years on banking and billings systems ... with 14 months in the crypto world

A tactical fix is as he says ... is 48-72 hours to have this sorted

A strategic fix would be maybe a week ..also they have know about this for a looooooooooooooooooong time ...so there would already be plans in place to deal with it

1 week of complete shutdown and clean air space to sort this out is more than ample time

Any more and this is all bullshit

There will be "a run on the bank" and GOX are gone ...RIP you fat fuck !

Your days of living of the proceeds of free doughnuts & frappacino's at other expense are over ...there are no free loyalty cards for you any more... pplz want there doughnuts back ..and dont skimp on the frosting !!!   Cool

Actually, as a software engineer there is only 1 correct answer: "I'm not familiar with their systems and am not in a position to make any estimates".

The only thing anyone can do (and wildly is doing) is making assumptions and speculate about something they simply don't have the facts to.
While I won't argue certain things could have been handled better, I will say only mtgox engineers are in a position to make even remotely accurate estimates.

OP's suggestion someone should be sued because someone fails to meet timelines he pulled out of thin air is absolutely ridiculous.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:10:46 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 10:46:03 PM by EvilPanda

Actually, as a software engineer there is only 1 correct answer: "I'm not familiar with their systems and am not in a position to make any estimates".

The only thing anyone can do (and wildly is doing) is making assumptions and speculate about something they simply don't have the facts to.
While I won't argue certain things could have been handled better, I will say only mtgox engineers are in a position to make even remotely accurate estimates.

OP's suggestion someone should be sued because someone fails to meet timelines he pulled out of thin air is absolutely ridiculous.
So when does he start to fit the suing standards? After holding people's money for a week? a month? a year?.

igorr

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:30:17 PM

that money is lost forever.

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:44:30 PM

So when does he start to fit the sueing standards? After holding people's money for a week? a month? a year?.

At what point does it become theft? People can sue if they hold onto their money and refuse to give it back. There might even be lawsuits pending.
yumei (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:37:52 AM

Tokyo, Japan, February 20th, 201

Dear MtGox Customers,

Thank you for your patience this week while we are working on re-initiating bitcoin
withdrawals. In addition to the technical issue, this week we have experienced some
security problems, and as a result we had to relocate MtGox to our previous office building
in Shibuya (details can be found here https://support.mtgox.com/home). The move,
combined with some other security and technical challenges, pushed back our progress.

As much as we didn’t want to only provide an “update on an update”, this is the current
status. We are committed to solving this issue and will provide more information as soon
as possible to keep everyone in the loop.

We are very sorry for the delays and deeply appreciate your kind understanding and
continuous support.

Best regards,

MtGox Team

IMHO everyone who still believes this shit is retarded. Now for everyone it should be clear, that its definatly NOT the "malleability issues" which keeps them from releasing withdraws again. But I still think Mark don´t have solvent problems, he ist just playing on time to earn more money with insider trading and commission fees. Well done Mark, if you get away with this.
yumei (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:52:40 AM

Lmao he's busy moving his money so he can disappear
I don´t think it will help him to try to move his money and go bankrupt with MTGox, if this happens all his money will be confiscated and he will end in jail

But he might help right now to move someones else money/bitcoins (insider trading) and continue with MTGox as far his job is finished.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:54:50 AM

Lmao he's busy moving his money so he can disappear
I don´t think it will help him to try to move his money and go bankrupt with MTGox, if this happens all his money will be confiscated and he will end in jail

But he might help right now to move someones else money/bitcoins (insider trading) and continue with MTGox as far his job is finished.

Not if he goes to thailand or something

igorr

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:30:17 PM

Mtgox is the same as the Edward Snouden, It is not possible in another country

CoinBrokers

Activity: 107

FreeCoins.org

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 04:07:48 PM

Sadly this proves why we need regulation. Hopefully they add a death penalty for committing fraud while being a fat Fuck

No, this does not prove we need regulation. This proves we are children for trusting someone with NO experience in owning an exchange that was used by so many. Calling for regulation is like calling for a bull to come into the China shop and fix this broken glass. The government is not looking out for you and to think that proves our childish mentality even more.

fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:11:00 PM

Mt.Gox Multi-plaintiff Suit

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476535.140

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print