Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:43:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please, help, whatever I do I can not get my 6 GPU R9 270 to run!  (Read 545 times)
pastet89 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 10:41:45 AM

HI,

please, help me.

Whatever I do, my 6 GPU rig with R9 270s is crashing on the second *minute* when I copy whatver configs from the internet with folks easily getting 480khs per card.
WHat is even worse, when I try to restart BAMT SMOS it hangs on "checking for 'hlt' instructions..." so I need to restart it manualy from the mobo button.

I am using BAMT SMOS 1.3 in failsave mode. When I try the usual mode one of my 6 cards is dropping its rate and everything crashes as well and I heard that I need to use failsave mode for 6 GPUs. When I try to reboot the usual mode, I get black screen.

I have tried as well windows 8,1 and there everything crashes again if I insert similar settings. The stable hashrate is about 380 which is hilarious for this card there.
I also tried BAMT 1.3. There the OS itself crashes before I start any mining.

I also tried to install Centos, Xubuntu 12.10, Ubuntu 12.04.4, Ubuntu 13,10, Linux Mint and for all of them I am getting some kind of strange errors during boot, "initframes unable to find a medium containing live system", apart from Centos, where it says the image contains unreadiable characters.

I contacted also SMOS support and they told me I need bios update in order to get "more stable performance", and I am waiting for them to send me a more detailed info on that. However, I really doubt this is my case, as here we are talking about crash in 2 minutes, not hours!

I am really starting to think if there is anything generaly wrong apart from my stats, driver version, cgminer version, etc... ? How can I check my driver version and if needed to upgrade it?

These are the last stats I tried, copied from a guy, using 2 GPU same card on BAMT SMOS:
Code:
"api-listen" : true,
"intensity" : "19",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "scrypt",
"auto-fan" : true,
"temp-cutoff" : "85",
"temp-overheat" : "75",
"temp-target" : "70",
"expiry" : "30",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"retry-pause" : "5",
"scan-time" : "30",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"shaders" : "1792",
"thread-concurrency" : "16000",
"gpu-thread" : "1",
"gpu-engine" : "1125",
"sharethreads" : "32",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500"

I have also tried putting intensity down to 15-16 and TC to even 9500, with no success  Undecided

Anyone, please, help, I am going crazy...  Embarrassed

Cryptostats.es
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: