July 19, 2018, 05:17:43 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2023, 12:24:30 PM by SwayStar123
Merited by xenomorphe1 (1)

x

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JakenBake

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:24:40 PM

That's a slick scheme right there.  Much more creative and technical than the give ETH for ETH that we see so much on Twitter.  The old saying if its too good to be true it probably is comes to mind.  Better off to just ignore the side noise and keep grinding out until you hit it that way. 
akunta

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:37:42 PM

Recently, i had met a guy on discord, he seemed like a chill guy, until i learned that he was a scammer, i didnt really care much since he didnt try to scam me, well until he tried to scam me

"668a369e87c01da5bfca9851e6ee86d760e17ee7912d77b7dffe8e0cdf63bcb5"

This is the msg he sent me one day, said it was an ethereum private key he "found" in his "old" hard disk

Me, being curious checked it out on myetherwallet

theres less than a cent worth of eth in it, so i  shrug it off, but then i copy the address and check it on etherscan, it has more than 120k$ worth of tokens on it, never heard of the token before, but the price is posted by etherscan so cant be fake. i try to transfer some eth into it to get fees to transfer the tokens to my wallet, when i realise there are a suspicious amount of comments on that address, i check out and it turns out its a scam, he has a bot on that account transferring all dust that gets sent to that address to  his main account (btw tokens are locked so you cant get em even if your fast enough)
i freak out and send myself another transaction to cancel the previous one... thankfully i used low fees so it hadnt been confirmed yet  Roll Eyes

He  had also multiple times tried to get me into scamming  so  i already disliked him for that, and since i completely hate him now-

Crypto Lord#5440
thats his discord id
please dox him if you can Cheesy
haha you know sometimes it seems to me that it can't be an acciden that the words scam and scum are soo close in sounds Grin take care next time

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
sergeykravcov177

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:51:50 PM

thanks for the article and that warned! now there are a lot of mossins in the crypto market! The crypto market is very young, and there are a lot of newcomers here who do not understand anything! they are deceived! even if we look at the emergence of new projects, this year more than 3000 projects closed and deceived their investors!
siekeheros

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:00:22 PM

Thank you for the warning, sweet scam as mentioned. Good that someone calls these people out like this, so you might be warned beforehand. Hopefully google runs its robots on pages like this! Cheesy
IrinaPro94

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:09:38 PM

Yes, those people who came up with such schemes are very smart, especially when this Ethereum goes further to the wallets, but when we say that it is bad and tried to cheat, we are not better than takak we want to get these tokens.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:17:53 PM

i try to transfer some eth into it to get fees to transfer the tokens to my wallet, when i realise there are a suspicious amount of comments on that address, i check out and it turns out its a scam,
So it was a trap. But, why would you want to transfer those tokens to your wallet in the first place? They didn't belong to you. Even if you found a private key with a huge amount of Ethererum, they are not yours to claim.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:22:33 PM

Yes, those people who came up with such schemes are very smart, especially when this Ethereum goes further to the wallets, but when we say that it is bad and tried to cheat, we are not better than takak we want to get these tokens.

Many scam projects here and there in the forum and elsewhere. You need to analyse the original team members on the website, WP contents and authentic partners. If you find all these things good you will be find the big profit on bounty earning or investing to it.
However thanks to show the shit project here in light. It may helpful and make aware of it.
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 06:38:37 PM

There are lots of scammers in groups, I personally use offline computer and my online computer has nothing to do with my keys, address etc.

Nagibator007

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:40:26 PM

Scam on Sammo actually a lot, even saw when the guys did social networks, Facebook and Twitter advertising, the forum sent a report,and then they were banned for the type, the fact that the project was a Scam, and they advertised it, even such things are
obility

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:52:39 PM

Recently, i had met a guy on discord, he seemed like a chill guy, until i learned that he was a scammer, i didnt really care much since he didnt try to scam me, well until he tried to scam me

This is the msg he sent me one day, said it was an ethereum private key he "found" in his "old" hard disk

theres less than a cent worth of eth in it, so i  shrug it off, but then i copy the address and check it on etherscan, it has more than 120k$ worth of tokens on it, never heard of the token before, but the price is posted by etherscan so cant be fake. i try to transfer some eth into it to get fees to transfer the tokens to my wallet, when i realise there are a suspicious amount of comments on that address, i check out and it turns out its a scam, he has a bot on that account transferring all dust that gets sent to that address to  his main account (btw tokens are locked so you cant get em even if your fast enough)
i freak out and send myself another transaction to cancel the previous one... thankfully i used low fees so it hadnt been confirmed yet  Roll Eyes

He  had also multiple times tried to get me into scamming  so  i already disliked him for that, and since i completely hate him now-

Crypto Lord#5440
thats his discord id

I have a question for you? Someone showed his private keys to you and you check it out and saw some tokens and you tried to send the person token to your own wallet? Why do you want to steal someone tokens? To be honest, the both of you are scammer, If you are a good person, you won't have wanted to steal his tokens. People should learn how to be honest. #My opinion
shadowtree

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:55:43 PM

I see scammers are getting quite creative, I may have fell for that myself as well if I didn't read this post.
acedia

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:56:56 PM

does anyone else believe in free cheese in a mousetrap? Grin many cases of fraud and deception. Stop believing in freebies
r95222

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:05:28 PM

Crypto Lord#5440
thats his discord id

I have a question for you? Someone showed his private keys to you and you check it out and saw some tokens and you tried to send the person token to your own wallet? Why do you want to steal someone tokens? To be honest, the both of you are scammer, If you are a good person, you won't have wanted to steal his tokens. People should learn how to be honest. #My opinion
Ye, man, you are right. Thief could not steal from the scammer and after that write about own fail on the forum. Excellent story how not to do. And this scheme is well-known  Cheesy
Gelesko

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:13:09 PM

Free cheese is only in a mousetrap! I would never check other accounts in the first place, as that means you tried to steal somebody's coins/tokens, I am disappointed to hear that, trying to transfer coins/tokens in to your wallet, that's not right! That means you have tried to scam somebody too and you deserve to be scammed, as that would give you a good lesson!!  

zininaks

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:19:13 PM

Thanks for the warning. In the crypto community, something like a virtual arms race is happening - scammers are finding more and more sophisticated ways to take away users of their cryptocurrency.
nostrings

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:24:18 PM

Thanks for the warning. In the crypto community, something like a virtual arms race is happening - scammers are finding more and more sophisticated ways to take away users of their cryptocurrency.

ya this goes for computer security in general, the hackers and security experts are always one uping each other.
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:06:27 PM

Few honest people now, and it turns out that anyone could get caught on this bait. A new way to cheat, didn't know it was possible at all.
camport

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:09:42 PM

So you got scammed for trying to steal? Right. Sounds fair enough to me. Your own greed lost you that eth. Sounds like a Robin Hood scenario to me

IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:12:08 PM

You are upset because you tried to steal someone else's coins and were outsmarted by him? You are just as much at fault as the person you are blaming. If you hadn't been a greedy thief you would have lost nothing. Your own fault.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: