Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:34:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: txt4coins.net - public beta  (Read 1195 times)
Herbert (OP)

Activity: 488
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 09:40:03 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2011, 09:28:34 PM by Herbert

Hi,

today i launched the public beta of txt4coins.net:

http://txt4coins.net/betatest

txt4coins provides premium sms service. Highlights:
  • worldwide delivery
  • you can set sender name/number
  • no registration/login required
  • superfast delivery (after 0 confirmations!)
  • API access (pay-per-use, no registration)
  • bulk messages

To keep the risk of breakage low initially the maximum number of currently active messages (waiting for payment) in the system is limited to 12. If this turns out to be too less i will increase this number (If all slots are busy you will get the error "Could not obtain payment address. Please try again later").

During betaphase the price of one message is only 0.01 BTC!

Looking forward to your feedback, especially regarding speed of non-german recipient numbers. During my tests the time between initiating the transfer in bitcoin client untill message comes in on the phone was at most one minute...

Update October 9th:
Delivery status is now tracked in more detail:
  • delivery accepted - message accepted by SMS gateway
  • delivery to SMSC - message arrived at SMS Center of operator
  • delivery buffered - message buffered at operator (handset turned off or no network reception)
  • delivery failed - message could not be delivered due to wrong phonenumber or handset being offline for more than 48 hours
... and some html/css fixes to better support IE8/IE9.

Update October 18th:
txt4coins now offers an anonymous, registrationless pay-per-use API! With this API you can send txt messages via http API without registration and without any prepayment.

Check the docs: http://www.txt4coins.net/betatest/api/

As txt4coins.net is still in betatesting the price stays at incredible 0.01 BTC per message. Given the current exchange rates txting was never cheaper Wink

Update October 25th:
New feature: Bulk messages!

Now you can send the same message to multiple recipients (currently up to 50) at once. This feature is available both directly from the website and via the pay-per-use API. The price is calculated based on the number of recipients (price per message * number of recipients). Maybe I will add a volume discount at a later stage...

This is the last big feature i wanted to implement before closing the betatest and "officially" launching the site. As i will be off the grid for most part of the next week betatest will continue for around 3 weeks though.

And of course the price still remains at 0.01 BTC per message!

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 10:09:21 PM

Update:
txt4coins now offers an anonymous, registrationless pay-per-use API! With this API you can send txt messages via http API without registration and without any prepayment.

Check the docs: http://www.txt4coins.net/betatest/api/

As txt4coins.net is still in betatesting the price stays at incredible 0.01 BTC per message. Given the current exchange rates txting was never cheaper  Wink

Let me know what you think.
Do you like the pay-per-use approach for the API? Or would you prefer a prepaid scenario with registration/authentification?

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 01:14:59 AM

I think pay-per-use is the way to go.  Neat service!
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 01:28:08 AM

Nice!

payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 02:21:32 AM

here's a fun way to burn through your bitcoin wallet:

set up a feedback loop between txt4coins and dialcoin.
GamingG

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 02:27:56 AM

I have tried various US numbers and have not had success.  All of them say "delivery to SMSC", but I have not yet received the one I sent to myself as a test (though it is possible that the others I sent have been received).
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2011, 07:19:58 AM

I have tried various US numbers and have not had success.  All of them say "delivery to SMSC", but I have not yet received the one I sent to myself as a test (though it is possible that the others I sent have been received).

Hmm Sad I'm not at home most of the day, but i will check this tonight and come back to you.

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2011, 09:24:18 PM

New feature: Bulk messages!

Now you can send the same message to multiple recipients (currently up to 50) at once. This feature is available both directly from the website and via the pay-per-use API. The price is calculated based on the number of recipients (price per message * number of recipients). Maybe I will add a volume discount at a later stage...

Check it out at http://txt4coins.net/betatest

This is the last big feature i wanted to implement before closing the betatest and "officially" launching the site. As i will be off the grid for most part of the next week betatest will continue for around 3 weeks though.

I am also in active investigation with the issue of GamingG (message for AT&T US not arriving) - Will do some tests together with my SMS service provider to get this fixed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: