Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:13:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH vs BTC transaction speed. Who is better and faster?  (Read 1412 times)
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:32:46 PM

I am always amaze every time I imagine how much power does Ethereum blockchain has when processing transaction for every tokens it supported. There are millions of transactions are being process every single day. Just do the math. Decentralized exchanges using ETH blockchain plus online wallets like MEW, Jaxx, coinomi, Eidoo, etc. I always have this feeling that ETH will become number 1 someday. Who is better for you? ETH or BTC?
In actual bitcoin is more faster then etherium , but surely in the present time if you will make transfer with the bitcoin and etherium at the same time , then you will found etherium is more faster then bitcoin , here the main reason is that bitcoin have bulk amount of users who are making transactions per second, but here etherium have less amount of users ( in comparison of the bitcoin ) that why etherium Blockchain is not facing any type of the traffic for the transaction and giving better speed of confirmation even at low transaction fee .
And decor factor of the token transaction is that , token system are only read and write data only system , that means , data will be change at one place and add at another beneficiary user's adress , so there is not traffic due to token transfer .
But don't think that even with this fastness etherium will go to number one , it will not happen in the future because the main reason is that team of bitcoin is not at paused conditions , they are doing work to make bitcoin more and more better with new new Implementation of the techniques .
raimslii

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:37:34 PM

It is true that compared to transaction speed, ethereum is better than bitcoin, and ethereum is used as a platform because it integrates smart contract. However, I do not think Ethereum will be number one in the near future. The value of altcoins is not at the technology or the speed of the transaction, it's determined by the popularity and beliefs of the community. At present, the belief for bitcoin is still the highest and it will still be the king in the crypto market.
flyingcat

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:37:40 PM

No need to compare between BTC and ETH about transaction speed cause blatant that ETH transaction speed is much faster than BTC and it's not the only thing, ETH transaction fee is also much lower than BTC transaction fee as well Smiley. It's the reason why so many guys don't wanna trade in BTC but ETH Smiley.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Klakson

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:37:48 PM

ETH - It's better.  And he will soon be number 1
Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:40:36 PM

I think their speed is relative to the amount of transaction fee paid, but I would say eth is faster with the fact that it could charge the same fee btc will charge to send same amount but eth will deliver faster

usantosdavis425

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:34:39 AM

If you compare the speed of transactions, ETH is dominant. With unsurpassed transaction speed and many times faster than the BTC. But the ability to disseminate and many private users, BTC is widely used. ETH and BTC are strong, it is difficult to assess
jeruk nipis

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:45:18 AM

Now this, indeed I think ethereum much more popular than the bitcoin. This transaction because it is so much in need in ICO. Therefore, I think this more popular from ethereum bitcoin for now.
libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 03:02:39 AM

For transaction fees >> BTC. Even priority transactions cost around 20 cents or so. But, even in priority transactions you have to wait sometime.

For speed >> Ethereum. You can set high gas price and your transaction will get confirmed in next few seconds.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:19:15 AM

I am always amaze every time I imagine how much power does Ethereum blockchain has when processing transaction for every tokens it supported. There are millions of transactions are being process every single day. Just do the math. Decentralized exchanges using ETH blockchain plus online wallets like MEW, Jaxx, coinomi, Eidoo, etc. I always have this feeling that ETH will become number 1 someday. Who is better for you? ETH or BTC?

Eth did amaze many of us. With waiting period of nearly an hour with bitcoin for medium transactions, Eth was able to do it in minutes. And Eth blocks can accommodate bigger number of transcations compared to BTC. And ETH does not support its native token alone, it is a platform that tends support to many other altcoins. Eth is indeed feature packed and with smart contracts too. So the number of benefits is there.

And if there is any altcoin that is set to go par with BTC, i think ETH has it.  Though  BTC keeps evolving too and developments are on the way to make it lightning fast soon. So best of luck to both of them. As long as they are progressive, i am happy.
Dump3er

Activity: 1414
Merit: 560

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:44:23 PM

For transaction fees >> BTC. Even priority transactions cost around 20 cents or so. But, even in priority transactions you have to wait sometime.

For speed >> Ethereum. You can set high gas price and your transaction will get confirmed in next few seconds.

This might be the case right now, but as we know the prices in BTC transactions can increase considerably. Also possible that that was a timed attack back then when it was $50 per transaction.

SOMETIMES YOU WIN, SOMETIMES YOU LEARN!
mutanu

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:37:13 PM

Judging by the cost of the transaction, then on the eth network they are cheaper. But here's the speed to it there are many pritenzy. In recent days, processing speed and cost have grown significantly. And almost the same as in bitcoin.

J U R    |    Justice as a Service Infrastructure    |    JUR ALLIANCE                   ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.       ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║   
  ●     WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM     ●       ═════════════════
GabrielKiara

Activity: 273
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:04:24 PM

Well, i'm never compare this thing before. But this make me interested to check it. Grin I think ETH is faster for transaction, so it will be good to use for a market and BTC for a big company maybe. But i think maybe ETH still will be choosen ahaha
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:11:51 PM

Well, i'm never compare this thing before. But this make me interested to check it. Grin I think ETH is faster for transaction, so it will be good to use for a market and BTC for a big company maybe. But i think maybe ETH still will be choosen ahaha
the etherium is much nicer than Bitcoin. I'm talking about the fact that not only the transaction speed is higher, but also the price for transactions is also attractive to the user.
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:20:48 PM

ETH trading speed is faster and better than BTC. Since ETH was born after the BTC should be improved with new features superiority. But the price of an ETH is much lower than the BTC. These are two coin worth to invest in the money market.
Liklopor

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:24:49 PM

if you compare the transaction time, ETH is better than bitcoin. but bitcoin is very popular and has proven to be the best coin on the market.
Chinedumike

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:34:17 PM

In my experience, eth is usually faster and cheaper. I see the ethereum network taking over completely from the btc is the near future. Except BTC ups it's game of course.
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:36:15 PM

In my own opinion, the speed of transaction is depending on your mining hardware and the technology or the application you are using as well in order to run a mining rig.

dokterkoin93

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:47:05 PM

Thats right, in my experience ETH is faster and cheaper than BTC. But to replace BTC i think thats very impossible, because as we known BTC is the main of cryptocurrency.
ETH actually used for the main transaction and the main platform of the most ICO, but it never can replace BTC. In fact all prices of altcoins depends on BTC. If BTC prices falling down ETH also will follow it.
lornadane

Activity: 529
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:47:45 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2018, 12:19:02 AM by lornadane

ETH obviously. But I would not like to compare between ETH and BTC transaction speed! Bitcoin has some of the lacks that its transaction speed is slow and the transaction fee a little bit high! But That doesn't make bitcoin bad, Ethereum and other altcoin have the faster transaction speed. At the end of the day, Bitcoin is the only One king of the cryptocurrency!
Dump3er

Activity: 1414
Merit: 560

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:08:37 PM

ETH obviously. But I would not like to compare between ETH and BTC transaction speed! Bitcoin has some of the lacks that its transaction speed is slow and the transaction fee a little bit high! But That doesn't make bitcoin bad, Ethereum and other altcoin have the faster transaction speed. At the end of the day, Bitcoin is the only One king of the cryptocurrency!

They are also totally different anyway. Bitcoin is a great means to store value and fast transaction speeds are not even needed at this point in time.

SOMETIMES YOU WIN, SOMETIMES YOU LEARN!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: