Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH vs BTC transaction speed. Who is better and faster?  (Read 1412 times)
Vasilisochka

Activity: 297
Merit: 10

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:33:23 PM

So far Ethereum is superior to Bitcoin in transaction speed. But the Bitcoin team is working hard on this issue.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inastran

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:34:39 PM

I am always amaze every time I imagine how much power does Ethereum blockchain has when processing transaction for every tokens it supported. There are millions of transactions are being process every single day. Just do the math. Decentralized exchanges using ETH blockchain plus online wallets like MEW, Jaxx, coinomi, Eidoo, etc. I always have this feeling that ETH will become number 1 someday. Who is better for you? ETH or BTC?
i do not know it depends on many factors and i think that it is necessary to watch this question closely nowadays

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
GERMO COIN

Activity: 406

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:35:54 PM

if I personally think Ethereum is better than Bitcoin if it is about transaction speed, because from my own experience of sending Ethereum and Bitcoin, maybe Bitcoin speed transactions are longer than Ethereum because many are transacting using Bitcoin compared to Ethereum, but besides that I also assume that Bitcoin transaction fee are very expensive compared to Ethereum transaction fee.

dxgam

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:36:59 PM

Etherum is much much faster
In case of bitcoin it depends does service is using segwit or not
With segwit bitcoin transaction time is even not so long but fees are still very high

correct. I agree with you. Ethereum has a faster transaction than Bitcoin. because ethereum transactions only require a duration of 10 seconds to complete the transaction. and the fee is also cheap. therefore many people make ethereum transactions.
Dlux75

Activity: 170

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:37:35 PM

I am always amaze every time I imagine how much power does Ethereum blockchain has when processing transaction for every tokens it supported. There are millions of transactions are being process every single day. Just do the math. Decentralized exchanges using ETH blockchain plus online wallets like MEW, Jaxx, coinomi, Eidoo, etc. I always have this feeling that ETH will become number 1 someday. Who is better for you? ETH or BTC?

Eth is more trustable for me . Transaction speed way better than btc. and eth has a incredible technology inside like smart contracts etc. Sure it will be more better with POS. so yes i agree with you. i have also feelings about number 1 is ETH.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 02:37:48 PM

It's also about the number of transactions for the both coins. Ethereum is transacted in the largest number while bitcoin transaction are a fraction of it.
Ethereum is of course a better when it comes to fast transactions, transacting more than bitcoin per secoind. but the number of transactions are huge in Ethereum than in Bitcoin which leads to larger queuing period for Ethereum than bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
omedian

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:53:46 PM

BTC network was overloaded in December but today, the transaction speed of the network is pretty much faster  than in ETH network, more and more nodes are appearing every day to implement the Lighting Network.

Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:39:01 PM

The network speed of bitcoin is much faster than that of ethereum. Ethereum made good time before but with all of the coins that are being built and transacted on the network it has definitely taken a toll on the transaction speed of the coin. So bitcoin has a much better speed and the transaction I did yesterday with bitcoin was pretty much instant
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:47:20 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2018, 07:05:51 AM by DarkDays

In my experience BTC tends to have slightly faster acceptance rates, but ETH technically has higher network throughput. I believe however that with the huge numbers of ERC20 tokens being moved around that the Ethereum network is closer to reaching its maximum capacity most of the time, hence confirmations are sometimes slower. Overall, both these are under 20tps.

It's also about the number of transactions for the both coins. Ethereum is transacted in the largest number while bitcoin transaction are a fraction of it.
Ethereum is of course a better when it comes to fast transactions, transacting more than bitcoin per secoind. but the number of transactions are huge in Ethereum than in Bitcoin which leads to larger queuing period for Ethereum than bitcoin.

True, if you include ERC20 transactions I am fairly sure that ETH eclipses BTC, however you can't really claim that makes ETH better than BTC. After all, many would consider ERC20 transactions to be network spam, since the vast majority of these are simple trades, whilst almost all of BTC value exchange is purposeful.

Either way, both networks need an upgrade, Bitcoin is steadily gaining numbers with Lightning and Ethereum has the impending Caspar upgrade, personally I prefer the idea of sharding over lightning, but we'll see who wins.
sarul
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:54:34 PM

Etherum is much much faster
In case of bitcoin it depends does service is using segwit or not
With segwit bitcoin transaction time is even not so long but fees are still very high

correct. I agree with you. Ethereum has a faster transaction than Bitcoin. because ethereum transactions only require a duration of 10 seconds to complete the transaction. and the fee is also cheap. therefore many people make ethereum transactions.
Even though we can make bitcoin transaction faster, but the fee maybe does not match with the value that we send and can be bigger than that. The fastest bitcoin transaction I feel is getting 3 confirmations in 1 hour, at that time I used a standard transaction fee.
jonsnow29

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:55:32 PM

I have a problem with ETH transactions sometimes. I am having failed transactions due to setting low gas or gwei. That is my problem you have to set the proper amount of gas amd gwei for ETH transactions. I still prefer BTC because it is automatic, it may take time for you to receive but I never had failed transaction.
Goodnuel
Copper Member

Activity: 381
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 10:14:04 PM

For me, the Ethereum network has a faster speed for transaction completion compared to bitcoin, also considering the numbers of transactions that needs to be completed... So ETH has the better speed..

But, Btc still remains the king of coins.

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
Kristina3456

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:07:03 AM

I have a great love for both of these coins . These are the giants of cryptocurrency . Choosing which coin to change is only the difference in price on the day when I make any transaction, that's all
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: