Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:57:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Week 8: Who is going to have their ass handed to them the most?
Phishead (go floam go)
Jwinterm (wownerobux)
Phishead's SO   (lady phish)
ChiBitCTy (ChiBitCTy)  
Hueristic (Hueristic's Team)  
ahncddp (Donkey Punch)
anonymousminer (TY 4 ur donation)  
spazzer (XxXSwagggXxX)    
lt8877 (Tecmo Bowlers)  
Hhampuz (Hhampuz)  

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Fantasy Football League 2018  (Read 3395 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:34:18 PM

Peer pressure is real. Sign me up boss.

Nice. Smiley

Hey fellow monero-ites,

I'm in and paid: Monero sent successfully: 1 transaction(s) be09dba74bd2996d5ab8b566523d5d8d82e2488dfdd4e5662f6a54e1e5450d78

I put in some actual effort in last year's draft and came in last (was it?). So, I might go the jwinterm route and autodraft this shit, lol. Can't hurt...

Cheers dudes!

I think we fought it out for last. Smiley

And you won! Tongue

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phishead (OP)

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 12:59:01 AM

I'm going to be paying the buy in for Spazzer and my SO, so I will be updating the OP sometime soon.  I might have one more person on board, but will have to wait a bit to make sure. 

tx: 3d0862ec8ec4ba7b2a61ecd3776ea4de9443c6608869c4d9b19416b10a99f23f
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:37:52 AM

I'm going to be paying the buy in for Spazzer and my SO, so I will be updating the OP sometime soon.  I might have one more person on board, but will have to wait a bit to make sure.  

Welcome Spazzer. Smiley

I had to google your nick to see if it meant what I thought it did. Lol good one. I use AbbyNormal at times. Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:17:41 PM

I'm going to be paying the buy in for Spazzer and my SO, so I will be updating the OP sometime soon.  I might have one more person on board, but will have to wait a bit to make sure. 

Got these two, up to 7 XMR pot now. Will be pretty sweet of we get another autumn bull run and at the end of the season this is like $5k...of course could go the other way to and some sucker is gonna "win" like forty bucks.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:20:26 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2018, 04:40:07 PM by Hueristic

I'm going to be paying the buy in for Spazzer and my SO, so I will be updating the OP sometime soon.  I might have one more person on board, but will have to wait a bit to make sure.  

Got these two, up to 7 XMR pot now. Will be pretty sweet of we get another autumn bull run and at the end of the season this is like $5k...of course could go the other way to and some sucker is gonna "win" like forty bucks.

We might have to change the buy in though, that 25  Trillion Zimbabwean dollars is catching up!

@Phishead, Hey is your SO gonna create an account?

It's gonna be weird to talk trash @Phiheads's SO !

BTW, I registered AbbyNormal here because of my comment above just to lock it up. Smiley

phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 10:21:06 PM

We might have to change the buy in though, that 25  Trillion Zimbabwean dollars is catching up!

@Phishead, Hey is your SO gonna create an account?

It's gonna be weird to talk trash @Phiheads's SO !

BTW, I registered AbbyNormal here because of my comment above just to lock it up. Smiley

Hahah, let's just put it this way... she is aware of the forum here and the thread I have created where people come to shit talk.  I'm leaving it up to her if she feels the urge to register a username and come on here to talk shit to my internet pals, if she even entertains the idea of doing that I better put a ring on i... oh wait.  Cool
lt8877

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:53:33 PM

As the runner-up from last year's league, I feel compelled to avenge my loss to @jwinterm in which he brutalized me with a combination of Le'veon Bell and Todd Gurley in Week 16 of the championship match.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1971415.msg27375053#msg27375053

Here is the transaction hash for my 1 XMR buy-in: 0f16a00524e9d044c580a8199e1da85dab2607bc186c0470bb4e476791688878

Regarding the discussion from earlier in the thread about removing Week 17 from the schedule, I would be in favor of keeping it so long as the championship game is a 2-week match where the scores from Week 16 and Week 17 are combined.  I think that type of a championship match helps reward a team with a strong bench and waiver wire skills.

(Full disclosure, I nearly won the league last year by virtue of playing a 17-week schedule. Despite being completely blown out in Week 16, I nearly managed to complete the comeback in Week 17 due to strong performances from my bench players.)

Also, I would be in favor of dropping the kicker for a superflex position (QB/RB/WR/TE) if anyone is up for that.

-LT8877
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:45:35 AM

As the runner-up from last year's league, I feel compelled to avenge my loss to @jwinterm in which he brutalized me with a combination of Le'veon Bell and Todd Gurley in Week 16 of the championship match.  

Here is the transaction hash for my 1 XMR buy-in: 0f16a00524e9d044c580a8199e1da85dab2607bc186c0470bb4e476791688878

Regarding the discussion from earlier in the thread about removing Week 17 from the schedule, I would be in favor of keeping it so long as the championship game is a 2-week match where the scores from Week 16 and Week 17 are combined.  I think that type of a championship match helps reward a team with a strong bench and waiver wire skills.

(Full disclosure, I nearly won the league last year by virtue of playing a 17-week schedule. Despite being completely blown out in Week 16, I nearly managed to complete the comeback in Week 17 due to strong performances from my bench players.)

Also, I would be in favor of dropping the kicker for a superflex position (QB/RB/WR/TE) if anyone is up for that.

-LT8877

Received. Looking forward to a finals rematch  Shocked
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 01:05:37 AM

Heyooo! Glad to see you back around LT Smiley

Alright, so we are as of right now at 9 teams with some more in the works.. Hopefully we can maybe get 12 teams, which would be the perfect amount where people don't wind up with a 200+ point game all the gatt' damned time.

Will be updating the OP and maybe adding two-three more teams soon^tm. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit:  what does everyone think about what LT proposed... do we want to have 2 week championship?  Do we want to cut 1 week from the season?  Do we want to do nothing?
ahncddp

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:51:15 AM

Hi All,  just joined over here after seeing the post on the monero reddit page.

I'd love to get in on this.  I will transfer my entry fee as soon as my transfer out of binance finishes.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
ahncddp

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:23:26 AM

I'd love to get in on this.  I will transfer my entry fee as soon as my transfer out of binance finishes.

ok my entry fee is paid:

Code:
e4530a5bdafe3e042c9a594dbb14c0d0023b7ed3d56637efdb6f74e3b9c6a8b5

looking forward to it!
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:27:30 AM

Hahah, let's just put it this way... she is aware of the forum here and the thread I have created where people come to shit talk.  I'm leaving it up to her if she feels the urge to register a username and come on here to talk shit to my internet pals, if she even entertains the idea of doing that I better put a ring on i... oh wait.  Cool

Congrats, tough to find a good one these days. Smiley

-LT8877

Hey, glad your here again! Managing the bench can be the critical point in a close matchup. That was so close to the upset of the century last year. Smiley

AND those 2 are a serious one two punch in the face!

I have no issue with combined scores for playoffs if no-one else does, I didn't even look to see if its setup that way right now.

Received. Looking forward to a finals rematch  Shocked

Don't worry about that cause it won't be you two again! you'll have to take it out on each other during the season cause one of you might get to face me in the final. Cheesy

I watched the whole first season of the league when this thread popped up just to get ready, I'm gonna get Taco for an advisor.

AFA cutting a week off the season I just don't see why. Can someone link me to the reasoning? Also we should not decide that until we have a final number of players as that can effect the matchups.

Welcome, whats your reddit name?

ahncddp

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:05:33 PM

reddit: rotochamp

I don't post over there much either, other than in my professional area, which is adops.  I mostly read a lot, trying to keep up with all the different crypto news and sentiment.  I pretty much stick to BTC, XMR and ADA.

The user name rotochamp is from waaaay back when I was a fantasy baseball analyst.  That was like a decade ago =) .  I ran rotochamps.com .  I am not the same person who publishes baseball projections under the name rotochamp these days, that's just some dude who co-opted my branding when I retired from it.

my user name here looks random but its just short for: All Hat No Cattle, plus the short code for my team name Dominican DonkeyPunch.

It will be nice to play in a fantasy football league with people other than who ESPN or Yahoo randomly sticks me with!
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:12:59 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2018, 01:34:00 PM by Hueristic

Hi All,  just joined over here after seeing the post on the monero reddit page.

I'd love to get in on this.  I will transfer my entry fee as soon as my transfer out of binance finishes.

I don't post over there much either, other than in my professional area, which is adops.  I mostly read a lot, trying to keep up with all the different crypto news and sentiment.  I pretty much stick to BTC, XMR and ADA.

The user name rotochamp is from waaaay back when I was a fantasy baseball analyst.  That was like a decade ago =) .  I ran rotochamps.com .  I am not the same person who publishes baseball projections under the name rotochamp these days, that's just some dude who co-opted my branding when I retired from it.

my user name here looks random but its just short for: All Hat No Cattle, plus the short code for my team name Dominican DonkeyPunch.

It will be nice to play in a fantasy football league with people other than who ESPN or Yahoo randomly sticks me with!

Wait a second, your saying your nick over there is rotochamp but that is not you posting under the name rotochamp anymore?

Did you sell the account?

I don't know much about reddit.

FYI - In OP:

More ideas to make this better will be well received.  Please post in this thread if you would like to participate.  There is a 20 team maximum, so I went ahead and opened it up to 20 people and will update here in the OP when people post their tx info.  After you post on here, you can also include your email you want me to send an invite link too, or you could just PM it to me.  From there you can sign up & join the league

You must post in this thread and be accepted to Join.
Otherwise as a former fantasy professional you know that it is easy to game the system with multiple players.

You should not have sent payment until accepted.

ahncddp

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:35:08 PM

I'd love to get in on this.  I will transfer my entry fee as soon as my transfer out of binance finishes.

I don't post over there much either, other than in my professional area, which is adops.  I mostly read a lot, trying to keep up with all the different crypto news and sentiment.  I pretty much stick to BTC, XMR and ADA.

The user name rotochamp is from waaaay back when I was a fantasy baseball analyst.  That was like a decade ago =) .  I ran rotochamps.com .  I am not the same person who publishes baseball projections under the name rotochamp these days, that's just some dude who co-opted my branding when I retired from it.

Wait a second, your saying your nick over there is rotochamp but that is not you posting under the name rotochamp anymore? Did you sell the account?

no, I still have the rotochamp reddit user account, I also still own the domain rotochamps.com, there is just nothing there now.  I mean that I used to be known in fantasy baseball circles as rotochamp1 at rotochamps.com .  After I shut down rotochamps.com another guy started up rotochamp.com and started publishing baseball projections. I just point it out so no one confuses us.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:44:22 PM

-LT8877

I think we need a list of suggestions so we can all discuss and vote on them.

the three I think I've seen are:

1) dropping the kicker
2) losing last week
3) PPR
4) 2 week championship
5) If JW gets Bell and Gurley again we redraft and ban him from all further contests!

My (current) thoughts on those are

1) I think streaming a kicker is fun and can make an impact so is part of the strategy so I disagree on changing that

2) I think this should be determined after we get a final number of players as it changes the number of times each team plays each other

3) PPR sucks (as proven by JW last year! )

4) I agree that it is a better method for a two weekly average for the finals so I agree on changing that.

5) I think I read that in a post and if not we are all thinking it! Cheesy

Did I miss any suggestions? I am open to changing my above opinions from a compelling argument.

ahncddp

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:18:34 PM

-LT8877

I think we need a list of suggestions so we can all discuss and vote on them.

the three I think I've seen are:

1) dropping the kicker
2) losing last week
3) PPR
4) 2 week championship
5) If JW gets Bell and Gurley again we redraft and ban him from all further contests!

My (current) thoughts on those are

1) I think streaming a kicker is fun and can make an impact so is part of the strategy so I disagree on changing that

2) I think this should be determined after we get a final number of players as it changes the number of times each team plays each other

3) PPR sucks (as proven by JW last year! )

4) I agree that it is a better method for a two weekly average for the finals so I agree on changing that.

5) I think I read that in a post and if not we are all thinking it! Cheesy

Did I miss any suggestions? I am open to changing my above opinions from a compelling argument.

1.  I like having a kicker (and I hate super flex)
2. Agreed, cutting a week would depend on matchup scheduling
3. I like PPR =)
4. I like the two week finals idea, negates the luck factor a bit
5. If anyone gets Bell and Gurley this year they definitely have some friends at Yahoo!
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 09:09:39 PM

Wait a second, your saying your nick over there is rotochamp but that is not you posting under the name rotochamp anymore? Did you sell the account?

no, I still have the rotochamp reddit user account, I also still own the domain rotochamps.com, there is just nothing there now.  I mean that I used to be known in fantasy baseball circles as rotochamp1 at rotochamps.com .  After I shut down rotochamps.com another guy started up rotochamp.com and started publishing baseball projections. I just point it out so no one confuses us.

Ok, well it's good to have your around... Just for the verification sake, could you please send me a PM on reddit (username: floam412).  Just know that I'm not trying to 'challenge' or doubt you in anyway, but it has been brought to my attention that it is better to set a precedent now rather than setting one later about verifying people and making sure people aren't actively playing two accounts.  

I will go ahead and say that everyone that has signed up as of right now is vetted for by me, just from talking on chat rooms, forums, etc. for quite some time (except lt8877, but that's just because he comes around during fantasy time).  I will make a disclaimer that you all will have to trust me that I'm not playing two accounts either on my SO's account.

Another disclaimer is that Spazzer is playing the league via a proxy fantasy player (another person close to me) and is splitting the winnings with that person 50/50 if he wins.

So with that being said, how should we go about vetting people in the future leagues from now on to make sure two teams don't collude together to get better players on one team to ensure winning?

Edit: Also, is everyone ok with 5 PM on Sunday for the draft?? 
ahncddp

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:52:24 PM

no, I still have the rotochamp reddit user account, I also still own the domain rotochamps.com, there is just nothing there now.  I mean that I used to be known in fantasy baseball circles as rotochamp1 at rotochamps.com .  After I shut down rotochamps.com another guy started up rotochamp.com and started publishing baseball projections. I just point it out so no one confuses us.

Ok, well it's good to have your around... Just for the verification sake, could you please send me a PM on reddit (username: floam412).  Just know that I'm not trying to 'challenge' or doubt you in anyway, but it has been brought to my attention that it is better to set a precedent now rather than setting one later about verifying people and making sure people aren't actively playing two accounts.  

I will go ahead and say that everyone that has signed up as of right now is vetted for by me, just from talking on chat rooms, forums, etc. for quite some time (except lt8877, but that's just because he comes around during fantasy time).  I will make a disclaimer that you all will have to trust me that I'm not playing two accounts either on my SO's account.

Another disclaimer is that Spazzer is playing the league via a proxy fantasy player (another person close to me) and is splitting the winnings with that person 50/50 if he wins.

So with that being said, how should we go about vetting people in the future leagues from now on to make sure two teams don't collude together to get better players on one team to ensure winning?

Edit: Also, is everyone ok with 5 PM on Sunday for the draft?? 

no problem, sent you a message on reddit and included my linkedin link in that message.

anonymousminer
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1242

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:50:11 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 12:22:29 AM by anonymousminer

PPR is the only way to play FF.  I really have no interest if it's not PPR as the OP states.  Sorry.

...and we really need to make sure 5pm Sunday is good as I'm trying to plan it into my weekend.

Also cutting a week is a very smart idea.  Shouldn't have the fantasy final when only a select few teams have something to play for.  No strategy there, just luck.

Kicker should stay in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: