Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:58:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asking stores do they accept bitcoin  (Read 2877 times)
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:14:57 AM

I think if the store has received payment with bitcoin and other cryptocurrency, the store has already given a "accepted bitcoin" or other sign outside the store
actually you don't have to bother asking a store whether they accept bitcoin, or not, but of course they will give a sign, or a symbol that they accept bitcoin. yeah, but maybe it would be better to ask them to strengthen their argument after seeing the sign.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gururapyco

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:21:35 AM

Even if we'd ask for it in every single store, there still not enough of us to make this actions as effective as we imagine it. We need a mass adoption.
MilkyMilton

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:30:45 AM

In the country where I live, this will be totally pointless. Most of the cashiers surely can't relate. I'm sure they've never even heard of Bitcoin before. And they mostly don't convey information up the ladder. So, your request might likely end with them. The strategy sounds really good though. Especially useful in better climes. Will most certainly yield great results.
Kay94

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:34:20 AM

It will be necessary and good to ask because it might even be that they don't know much about it which you will be the one to educate them on it. Also stores that accept BTC make sure they post it online for people to know about it. But you can also ask when you get there.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:53:55 AM

I asked just once a manager in a bank about bitcoin and about their plans towards this crypto currency. She looked at me as at insane that momen Cheesy
But I do not see a sense to ask about bitcoin in shops. Because of every progressive businessman, the owner of the shop, would inform buyers about bitcoin payments by a sign on the front door or on cash place.
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:10:41 AM

In my opinion, if merchant accepting bitcoin, they will put bitcoin logo in front merchant. In my country, its almost impossible spending our bitcoin to shopping because government regulation ban it

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:27:03 AM

Though that seems to be unnecessary, it's also a good idea to ask if they are patronizing crypto so that they will also aware about the current ins for today if in case they don't have any idea about it. But cryptocurrencies' popularity may have already reached to them and it's only a matter of time before they will adopt the blockchain technology too.

jekquenkinkas

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:40:43 AM

bitcoin is prohibited as a legal payment instrument in many countries. so that almost all stores do not accept bitcoin as payment.
but there are several altcoins that are starting to develop as payments. like Vexanium which functions as a voucher, and now Vexanium has just begun collaborating with KFC. and in the future will work with many online stores.
arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:48:10 PM

How many times have you came in a store and asked whether or not they accept bitcoin when you wanted to pay?

Should we do that EACH time we visit ANY store?
Would we create a huge advertisement for BTC that way?

Would stores start accepting it when they encounter a couple of people on a weekly basis asking them if they accept bitcoin?

Should we start doing this? o.o
Should we create a community so hard core that asks for everything they pay if it could be handled in BTC?
I never ask a store if they accept Bitcoin as payment or not because it is already obvious. Usually they have a signboard on their cashier on what mode of payment are accepted.
Odlanyer

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:21:16 PM

You can ask any store if they accept bitcoin, but we don't know that they accept bitcoin if after you asking they will agree that you can buy any product to them through bitcoin. Its good when that happen but I think its possible because they not familiar to bitcoin, they don't know what is bitcoin that's why it hard to them to agree bitcoin.
Sanchezino40

Activity: 484
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 09:43:43 AM

Bitcoin is growing to such an extent that very soon, some retail stores will soon start accepting bitcoin as a means of payment. Some stores do it today and some and trying to follow suit.
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:42:55 AM

I think they will be informing their customers is they will be accepting Bitcoin or other crypto currencies in their store. That will be a good idea to one of my country's city but I don't think it will be that popular.

In my country, a lot of Bitcoin scams and frauds are happening and I think that brought a damage to some people that are maybe, trying to go or invest their money into crypto currencies. Since there are a popular exchange of Bitcoin in our country that can send BTC or PHP without a fee, that will erase the problem to the fee but the problem lies within the people who will be using it.
I agree that the store will inform if they accept bitcoin so that you can use your bitcoin if buy some stuffs on that store. Asking the stores if they accept bitcoin is good idea simply because if you do not have enough cash and all you have is bitcoin you can ask that store if they accept bitcoin. Lastly, I think there is a big possibility that in the near future many store will accept and allow bitcoin as payment of their costumer.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:51:20 AM

This idea will work if we will consistently implement it. But it will be faster if any of the major front line shops like Walmart will accept bitcoin for payments of their goods. Once they make success of it, then other similar shops will follow and accepts bitcoin. The open market grocery sellers will also accept bitcoin and the spread and popularity of bitcoin will be noticeable.
Falconmytyh123

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:59:24 AM

Yeah, maybe they think it's so difficult to pay with bitcoin. Because the physic isn't real. And the price isn't stable. Maybe they will change their mind but it takes time not so fast. That will be good if they change their preception and want to accept bitcoin. And maybe this is a step what will make bitcoin better than before.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:13:11 AM

If your country does not ban bitcoin. I think this is a great way to advertise bitcoin. I think if you ask the question with many different stores. That's a great way to advertise bitcoin. And what you do is not in vain. Store owners can learn about this new payment method and they will accept future payments

BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:19:21 AM

I didn't mean you should go in the same store a dozen times and ask them each time if they accept BTC, I just meant the first time Cheesy

Grin Grin That would be weird.

This is a good idea indeed, this requires a bit of boldness but it would defintely make vendors to think of accepting cryptos. Otherwise if there is no demand for it, vendors are doing it only for pubilicty.

Also the other questions is how would they accept cryptos, by regular transactions? For every day products it takes too long  to do . We need POS therminals which use NFC.
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:32:24 AM

it might sound a little difficult because not everyone knows about BTC, plus a small shop in the village, and also if there is a tool that can be used to transfer BTC instantly, and what is the proof of payment, can anyone to print proof of payment from BTC
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:54:23 AM

Not necessary.

It's fine if people asked a request for a first time but it will be annoying if it will be done lots of times. Let them received lots of demands by different persons. Let the process flows automatically and see if stores will consider accepting crypto in the future.

Even they will received lots of requests about accepting bitcoin in their stores, still it will goes thru a process of brainstorming if that is a must thing to be implemented.

Trust the Process.

I agree. The stores follow a specific policy, which is accepted widely in the business sector of the country where it is in or the place where it is built. Therefore, one can't impose or demand from them that they should accept cryptocurrencies as a mode of payment just because it is beginning to be recognized worldwide. I think that critical point for that to be a reality is if we will first focus on helping it grow in such a state that it will be widely accepted and be trusted by the masses that it would be given a chance to be accepted by stores or big chain businesses that would help it gain more reliability.
Ghypatt

Activity: 135

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 12:10:48 PM

The future of Btc does not lie with Btc itself but its users. We can determine the stance of Btc 5 0r 10 years from now. We always wish for massive adoption but I don't think it can just happen out of the moon. We are the ones to push for that agenda by doing some of these things.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:19:55 PM

How many times have you came in a store and asked whether or not they accept bitcoin when you wanted to pay?

Should we do that EACH time we visit ANY store?
Would we create a huge advertisement for BTC that way?

Would stores start accepting it when they encounter a couple of people on a weekly basis asking them if they accept bitcoin?

Should we start doing this? o.o
Should we create a community so hard core that asks for everything they pay if it could be handled in BTC?
I think it's ineffective in a store that receives bitcoin. I think it will be published in the mass media and it will be an advantage for us because we don't have to ask the store every time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: