Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:18:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good time to buy GPUs?  (Read 3624 times)
sundownz06

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:58:21 PM

I feel like I recall all the same talk about GPU mining dying when the first Bitcoin ASICS came out...

I'll still grab a card here and there when a smoking deal shows up. Plan to run all of my cards until they die.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vuli1

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 02:48:09 PM

I would at least wait for new generation of gpus. Maybe is worth to buy a card or two. But that's it. My opinion.
Not every one have money for ASICS, fpga....

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Bitmian

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:44:11 PM

I would at least wait for new generation of gpus. Maybe is worth to buy a card or two. But that's it. My opinion.
Not every one have money for ASICS, fpga....

smart move, wait for the new cards from AMD & Nvidia to arrive, just weeks from now.

Wait for the amateur miners to put realistic prices on their 2nd hand GPU's on ebay etc..

Enjoy the few months there are left , before FPGA's take over/ Ethereum gets its  long awaited upgrade to PoS/sharding
Tszunami98

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:23:51 PM

Remember that you can always mine on Nicehash with GPU's. So i will still wait for the prices to drop to buy some more cards.
If this bear market lasts until the end of the year, the market will be flooded with second hand cards that nobody is going to pick up.
nur1labs

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

Founder Nur1Labs

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 05:27:23 AM

Remember that you can always mine on Nicehash with GPU's. So i will still wait for the prices to drop to buy some more cards.
If this bear market lasts until the end of the year, the market will be flooded with second hand cards that nobody is going to pick up.

hmmm i think so today i too much attractive with asic. there will some company rival than bitmain i think so~

for now i more put sha-256 and less used gpus

==MuBdI BlockStream Platform - Future Blockchain Platform==
==Open Hire Developer Using Our Services==
wastetimer1

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:52:10 PM

The second hand GPU will surely flood the model and will not have the same impact.
nur1labs

Founder Nur1Labs

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 08:12:09 AM

The second hand GPU will surely flood the model and will not have the same impact.

well for now wait the new gpu...but if ASIC better im move ahahaha...since im not wanna waste some gpu for loss many~today i cut many gpu suck!

Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:15:33 PM

all coins are becoming centralized. ALL OF THEM.

ASIC is destroying the world of crypto, and only rich people are taking advantage of it.

in fact, almost all ASIC that are being sold a much more power efficent and faster. It makes no sense buying gpus for mining. And investing on ASICS is only in hands of rich people.

It's a complete scam and disaster. They said crypto was DECENTRALIZED. But in fact it's totally centralized and manipulated. Total SCAM.

add that prices are going down, and they will go crash in 1 week, to the value of ALMOST NOTHING, that's a TOTAL AND ABSOLUTE REKT FOR PEOPLE.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
astrong

Activity: 160

Aku belum mandi Taktuntuang Taktuntuang

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:03:08 PM

ASIC is destroying the world of crypto, and only rich people are taking advantage of it.

in fact, almost all ASIC that are being sold a much more power efficent and faster. It makes no sense buying gpus for mining. And investing on ASICS is only in hands of rich people.

It's a complete scam and disaster. They said crypto was DECENTRALIZED. But in fact it's totally centralized and manipulated. Total SCAM.

add that prices are going down, and they will go crash in 1 week, to the value of ALMOST NOTHING, that's a TOTAL AND ABSOLUTE REKT FOR PEOPLE.

I think you are forget that ASIC and GPUs are totally different. Yes ASIC is more efficient, be picked and many rich people will prefer use it. But for gpus will still be choose miner because they want mining altcoins that have low difficult.

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
vuli1

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 06:22:05 PM

yea, but he stated a good point. asics covers most crucial algorithms. I am happy someone else noticed whats happening to crypto. Greed is a bitch.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:25:18 PM

Asic's are for rich people? Lol.  Anyone can buy an asic, if they want to.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
nur1labs

Founder Nur1Labs

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 11:20:44 PM

wow you wrong here. asic have cheap too lol. some of them greedy but for someone have impact too. we can have cheap asic and have GPU for lower. why not? this our decision not yours....like me asic for some experimental small mining scale for experiment of some coins future. but gpu for long time as have easy maintaining than asic. there have + and - asic and gpu.

gotminer

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:23:10 PM

wow you wrong here. asic have cheap too lol. some of them greedy but for someone have impact too. we can have cheap asic and have GPU for lower. why not? this our decision not yours....like me asic for some experimental small mining scale for experiment of some coins future. but gpu for long time as have easy maintaining than asic. there have + and - asic and gpu.

He's just upset.  He rage quit gpu mining a week ago.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
nur1labs

Founder Nur1Labs

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 11:50:26 PM

why he quit. i think many altcoin for experiment and have profit for cash. he just need know manage this. as i know gpu is longer. and easy maintaining. well for now price is low hope gpu low for buy new equipment~

gotminer

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:02:06 AM

why he quit. i think many altcoin for experiment and have profit for cash. he just need know manage this. as i know gpu is longer. and easy maintaining. well for now price is low hope gpu low for buy new equipment~

He quit due to hopelessness and rage.

nur1labs

Founder Nur1Labs

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 12:20:37 AM

He quit due to hopelessness and rage.

he need more calm for that. gpu profit if used lower coins or lower difficulty. or try the asic resistant some coins. but not cryptonote. im not much doing that again because loss~

LindsayWWW

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:58:46 PM

The generation that was older doesn’t appear that easily and immediately.
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

Activity: 402
Merit: 57

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 04:04:24 PM

Best time to get involved in crypto mining as you dont have to pay premium for hardware and means when market comes back to life your ROI will be much lower then those guys who will buy in panic when they see big gains.
But of course there is a lot of risk , for some crazy circumstances big gains could never come Cheesy 

FPGA mining would be another thing where would you want to look into it.BTC

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:21:22 PM

Prices are currently dropping nicely on most 10 series cards, especially cards above the 1070 (1080, 1080ti etc) as the 11th generation release is coming ever closer. I got a $299 refurb 1080 from EVGA (can't hurt at that price) just yesterday while browsing the r/buildapcsales (sort the posts by new) subreddit- that's where I find most good deals for parts like GPU. Prices really aren't too bad right now as almost all cards are below MSRP if you're looking in the right places.
cuurtissss

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 05:18:30 PM

The manufacturers will make the same model as they have been making earlier.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: