Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 11:26:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good time to buy GPUs?  (Read 3632 times)
Jonaa33

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:21:37 AM

In France, you can find some SAPPHIRE NITRO RADEON RX 580 8G for 210 euros if you search well Wink
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:08:05 PM

I am not a professional miner, I just want to learn how to do it, to mine bitcoin. I was wondering when it was best to buy mining equipment. Perhaps now the bottom of bitcoin and the best time to buy equipment, is it?

yep you bet, this is one of the best time to buy a rig

its logical that price would be at its lowest in bear market as its also low on demands due to mining profitability

however, this threads are for GPU's

Bitcoin is for ASICs
Monero networkis quite big also , you never now there might come another pow coin which would clime up in marketcap and would be profitable to mine. And there is couple on the line gpu minable coins which are close to 1bilj marketcap which mainets havent been launched yet.

Right now would be great but once ether goes pos what do you mine?  When and if pos goes into effect all the ether hashing power is going to go to the other coins and make them all unprofitable.  I'd love to build more rigs but I can't convince myself their are going to be other coins worth mining.

Isn't Casper being delayed for two years, maybe a little less?  Sometime in 2020?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:18:05 PM

It's still good time to buy GPUs because most coins will continue to be asic resistance,no matter what, some coins have custom algo and they are basic resistance to ,gpu mining will survive for a very long time

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

Activity: 406
Merit: 57

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 10:15:55 AM

I am not a professional miner, I just want to learn how to do it, to mine bitcoin. I was wondering when it was best to buy mining equipment. Perhaps now the bottom of bitcoin and the best time to buy equipment, is it?

its logical that price would be at its lowest in bear market as its also low on demands due to mining profitability

Bitcoin is for ASICs
Monero networkis quite big also , you never now there might come another pow coin which would clime up in marketcap and would be profitable to mine. And there is couple on the line gpu minable coins which are close to 1bilj marketcap which mainets havent been launched yet.

Yes Casper will be delayed, maybe till at least end 2019 , there is a lot second layer solutions built on Ethereum.
There is fork incoming before end of October, which also might reduce block reward from 3eth to 2 or even 1 eth..... So hold tight Cheesy

Right now would be great but once ether goes pos what do you mine?  When and if pos goes into effect all the ether hashing power is going to go to the other coins and make them all unprofitable.  I'd love to build more rigs but I can't convince myself their are going to be other coins worth mining.

Isn't Casper being delayed for two years, maybe a little less?  Sometime in 2020?

ksaw

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:16:34 PM

Difficulty is too high, price is too low. FPGA are coming. Don't think that it is good time to buy GPUs. But one can find realy good prices Smiley
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:52:36 PM

Difficulty is too high, price is too low. FPGA are coming. Don't think that it is good time to buy GPUs. But one can find realy good prices Smiley
FPGA's boost in hashrate is relatively low than what ASIC's are capable of. With new GPU's coming out this september, we would see another hashrate jump again.
badbart

Activity: 449

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:05:27 PM

Bitcoin is for ASICs

That would be awesome, I din't know.   Grin
whitesites

Activity: 88
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:07:32 PM

FPGA's boost in hashrate is relatively low than what ASIC's are capable of. With new GPU's coming out this september, we would see another hashrate jump again.

Depends on how they hash.
They are priced too high for gamers, and hash too slow ( estimated ) for miners.
That would be like saying the Nvidia Titan V was going to be a threat to other miners.
Yes it hashes faster but price/performance ratio is way too high.
The 2080 Ti will have the same problem.
The only place it could be competitive is with Ethereum due to the GDDR6 Memory, but even then used 1080 Ti still beats it.

We will have to wait til AMD comes out with their Next Gen GPUs before anything will change in mining.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2912
Merit: 777

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:14:31 PM

The prices are going down in international markets like Amazon and Ebay but I think we just need to a wait a little bit more. We need to wait the moment when a Rx 470/570 series to be 100 dollars each and we can then build a mining rig with 6 cards with only 800-900 dollars.

That is the time when it is worth to buy graphic cards, though the rewards from mining with graphic cards are going down slightly day by day.
Still depends on your electricity cost because those cards would definitely give out some reasonable hashes but profitability would always matter minus on the expenses. $100+ each on RX 470s wont really be a bad deal though.

Bitcoin= Asic Miner, Most altcoins in the market = GPU which means they are different and having low price of bitcoin doesnt mean the mining difficulty is low too. Take a look in the chart https://www.blockchain.com/charts/difficulty

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
gotminer

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:12:20 PM

I just don't see new gpu's being a reason for a jump in difficulty.  Price and performance is going to prevent them from being mass bought for the sole purpose of mining.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I won't be buying any.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 10:15:36 PM

Well, if you have a lot of money in spare then you should buy GPUS and mine some good altcoins which have some future. I have seen that the GPUS are getting cheaper just keep checking Amazon and bitcointalk some guys sell here the GPU stuff at very cheap rates.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
ksaw

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:12:11 AM

I just don't see new gpu's being a reason for a jump in difficulty.  Price and performance is going to prevent them from being mass bought for the sole purpose of mining.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I won't be buying any.

I also think so. The price at the start will be too high, and the hash is unknown. Miners won't buy them massively for the first year, I think.
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 06:37:55 PM

Depends on how they hash.
They are priced too high for gamers, and hash too slow ( estimated ) for miners.
That would be like saying the Nvidia Titan V was going to be a threat to other miners.
Yes it hashes faster but price/performance ratio is way too high.
The 2080 Ti will have the same problem.
The only place it could be competitive is with Ethereum due to the GDDR6 Memory, but even then used 1080 Ti still beats it.

We will have to wait til AMD comes out with their Next Gen GPUs before anything will change in mining.

Yes FPGAS seems quite pricey for the hash they give, if someone has fre power better to stick with gpus.
The power saving is massive on them , as it means you can mine the coins even then when it is not profitable to mine with gpu and get back your ROI.

Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:59:47 PM

there are many idiots out there hehe, imagine one rtx 2xxx for each idiot, reminds me of some idiots were planning to buy a 32 cores cpu to mine just like many bought titans v at $3000 to mine.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
shater

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:07:51 AM

I think it's good time to buy GPUs. Prices have dropped down to reasonable levels.

When crypto prices go up again, so will GPU prices. You need to get in before the herd.
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 07:14:20 AM

I think it's good time to buy GPUs. Prices have dropped down to reasonable levels.

When crypto prices go up again, so will GPU prices. You need to get in before the herd.
Agreed same investment , crypto and GPU goes hand to hand!

revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:13:10 PM

I'm also waiting for the Huge leap of AMD to NVIDIA. I've waited for turing for long but i got disappointed. This Ray tracing thing is being marketed by them but actually had little use at all to the overall performance.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:55:45 PM

where i live, prices are still the same, rx 580 still sold for $330 and gtx 1070 for $550, well i guess prices are dropping only in places where there are many miners around and where i live is not one of them, for prices to be the same as it was in January 2018 means there are no miners around here hehe

DevelopmentBank

Merit: 110

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:30:39 AM

there are many idiots out there hehe, imagine one rtx 2xxx for each idiot, reminds me of some idiots were planning to buy a 32 cores cpu to mine just like many bought titans v at $3000 to mine.

Buying a $3000 worth TITAN V is the best example of a mining idiot who doesn't deserve to ROI. I don't really understand the logic behind why people buy those but i'm guessing they already have a lot of money to begin with. People with less money rarely have the luxury of making stupid decisions like that.

If i had a lot of money, i'd have rather spent it wisely or donated it to charity.  Wink
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:13:53 AM

Buying a $3000 worth TITAN V is the best example of a mining idiot who doesn't deserve to ROI. I don't really understand the logic behind why people buy those but i'm guessing they already have a lot of money to begin with. People with less money rarely have the luxury of making stupid decisions like that.

If i had a lot of money, i'd have rather spent it wisely or donated it to charity.  Wink

at that time vega, gtx 1080ti were being sold for $1500, so for them even though titan v was $3000, it was cheap and a titan v was giving 7 usd per day, if we think about, at current profitability, anybody buying a rx 580 for $300 right now for mining is pretty much buying a titan v for 3000 usd at that time, 3000 / 7 = 430 days + electricity = 450 days give or take, right now a rx 580 is giving $0.30, so 300 / 0.30 with electricity included = 1000 days, i guess buying a titan v was lot more stupid cause the profitability could not have sustained, right now yes and it will likely increase, a wise man once said, buying when it crashes, never when its all time high, anyway titan v at that time or rx 580 right now one at beginning, the other at the end, the middle is called a miners idiot spiral and when both meets, credit card is earning their money back hehe and the idiot is in sorrow, this reminds me of the gold rush hehe

Well, using a celeron or igpu or both to mine was a lot worse than buying a titan v for $3k hehe

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: