Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:36:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Tachyon (TYX): The Ultra-Accessible Token Made to Complement Ethereum  (Read 21543 times)
Tachyon_X (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 02:48:18 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2020, 01:07:29 AM by Tachyon_X

TACHYON

Tachyon (TYX) is a new token and currency built on the Ethereum blockchain to streamline peer-to-peer micro-transactions with a focus on ease-of-access, fungibility, and everyday usefulness. Aiming to be an accessible ERC-20 token for tipping and micro-transactions, Tachyon is a cryptocurrency designed to complement Ethereum. With the Ethereum network rapidly growing, Tachyon hopes to be the light-fuel for the future’s informal digital economy.

Reasons for the Project

With Ethereum moving from a proof-of-work to a proof-of-stake system, its ecosystem will inevitably expand and improve over time. Yet, with its expansion, there will likely be a need for a go-to token for micro- transactions. This is because, as the price of Ether continues to increase, a smaller and smaller fraction will be needed for the average person. The Ethereum.org website itself states in its description that:

Ether is to be treated as ‘crypto-fuel’, a token whose purpose is to pay for computation, and is not intended to be used as or considered a currency, asset, share or anything else.

This will pose a significant problem since Ethereum has different use-cases when used in smart contracts, payments, and decentralized applications. Ethereum's primary function is not as a currency, but instead as gas for the network. With the Ethereum network only getting larger, its usefulness as a 'currency' will further diminish. Many tokens will thus emerge in time to fulfill this currency function, as a way to accessorize payments done over the Ethereum network.

We envision Tachyon (TYX), with its fitting name, as Ethereum’s complement for tipping and small transfers between friends. Tachyon is a project focused on accessibility—and this includes the novelty aspect of the coin. Meant to be embedded into existing forums, chats, websites, and so on, Tachyon is a memorable token meant to accessorize payments in this digital economy.[/size]

Why the Name "Tachyon?"

Depending on who you task, tachyons might be a theoretical impossibility or an exciting prospect. Based off the Greek word ‘tachys’ meaning ‘swift,’ tachyons are hypothesized particles faster than the speed-of-light. This may seem impossible according to our current understanding of the natural world. To travel at speeds equal to light, one needs a mass of zero. This means that to travel faster-than-light, the particle would need to have a negative mass.

Is such a concept possible to conceive? For now, tachyonic particles serve more as a placeholder for imaginary concepts within astrophysics, similar to how the variable i denotes an imaginary number in mathematics (as is the case when, for example, one tries to factor the square root of a negative number). However, string theory calculations of particle vibrations has found that the squared mass derived from these vibrations can sometimes yield an imaginary number. We are likely limited now by our available tools of detection.

Regardless of their validity, tachyons have captured the imagination of science-fiction writers and popular culture ever since it was popularized in James Blish’s Star Trek novel Spock Must Die! in 1970. It’s since been seen in Babylon 5, The Watchmen, and many other pop culture references.

Science-fiction has often referenced tachyons to send messages, payments, and digital media in an instant – and TYX will be its crypto-embodiment!

Tachyon (TYX)

Tachyon (TYX) is an ERC-20 token built on Ethereum.

✓ Circulating supply will be 299,792,459 which is one more than 299,792,458 m/s, the speed of light in a vacuum.
   ✓ No inflation or coin burn. All coins are minted immediately at creation.
   ✓ Divisible by 18 places
   ✓ Fixed Batch Overflow Bug which broke some ERC-20 tokens

TYX’s function is best served token for tipping and micro-transactions. It thus aims to be integrated functionally for tips on forums, chats, and elsewhere for small transfers along. Tachyon will also be releasing a community board where users can post small online tasks and pay with TYX upon completion. With the Casper update coming out in Q4 for Ethereum, sending TYX will be cheaper as well as faster.

Distribution of TYX

The first TYX airdrop was distributed as a bonus to those who expressed early interest. There will be succeeding campaigns, bounties, events, and faucets to distribute 65% of the total circulating supply of 299,792,459 TYX.  We are going with this airdrop strategy to ensure the Tachyon token is in as many wallets as possible, a step closer to our goal of complete accessibility.

Currently Trading On

EtherDelta
ForkDelta
TokenJar

For updates on Tachyon's development and all of our future distribution campaigns, please follow one of our social media accounts.

Contact us at contact@tachyontoken.com with any questions.

EDIT: I added the image link for Tachyon's logo at the top of the post.
(Sorry, if I was a more veteran BitcoinTalk member I would be able to add images and post our logo and mascot, Tachie, but sadly I can't).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:02:51 AM

I am interested in the name of your project, mate. Tachyon, the Greek word ‘tachys’, seems very unique. Do you plan to provide ICO? I think it is a good way to promote it. I cannot see the idea about it above, but I think it should be better to plan it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Tachyon_X (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 03:21:27 AM

I am interested in the name of your project, mate. Tachyon, the Greek word ‘tachys’, seems very unique. Do you plan to provide ICO? I think it is a good way to promote it. I cannot see the idea about it above, but I think it should be better to plan it.

Thanks for the kind words. We considered holding an ICO, but we figured that a nonorthodox strategy of many succeeding airdrops of 5% of the total supply each time would be best.

Our goal is to get the Tachyon token in as many hands as possible, which suits our aims of accessibility. The integration of TYX into existing forums, chats, micro-payment channels, and so on, depends on the token, first and foremost, being accessible. The EOS model of token-airdropping really caught our interest as being a potentially better strategy for our project's purposes rather than a standard ICO as has been common on Ethereum.
kafkaibnu

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:49:40 AM

That's hard to spell "Tachyon" and less informations, time to rush your hours to complete all those things, anyway I like airdrop program, signed up
AlanMilano

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:04:36 AM

The concept of the project is easy to understand but equally interesting.
The 5% airdrop allocation strategy is also very good, so I will join and support everything that can be done (such as long-term hold).  Grin
Wish the project success!
Tachyon_X (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 05:23:16 AM

The 5% airdrop allocation strategy is also very good, so I will join and support everything that can be done (such as long-term hold).  Grin

Glad you like what you read!  Grin

We will release our whitepaper within the next day or two. And our website will also finish its development just as soon.

Bear in mind, we are only a team of two developers, but we're dedicated to pushing this project to its limits. It's become almost a full-time job because of how fast its moving. It's pretty exciting. So make sure you hold your TYX! -- good things are soon to come.
jamesmarkx

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:27:33 AM

tachyon has been my favorite word/thing since i found out about it , faster than light particles Cheesy was looking forward to something related to it in crypto, lets see how the project goes looking forward to the airdrop the concept is good i hope in future you are able to move this token on its own blockchain which could actually make transactions faster than light
cryptocheburator

Activity: 175

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:32:38 AM

The 5% airdrop allocation strategy is also very good, so I will join and support everything that can be done (such as long-term hold).  Grin

Glad you like what you read!  Grin

We will release our whitepaper within the next day or two. And our website will also finish its development just as soon.

Bear in mind, we are only a team of two developers, but we're dedicated to pushing this project to its limits. It's become almost a full-time job because of how fast its moving. It's pretty exciting. So make sure you hold your TYX! -- good things are soon to come.
An interesting concept, I will wait for the release of white paper and the launch of airdrop
dee_x17
Copper Member

Activity: 206
Merit: 6

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:10:23 AM

TACHYON

Tachyon (TYX) is a new token and currency built on the Ethereum blockchain to streamline peer-to-peer micro-transactions with a focus on ease-of-access, fungibility, and everyday usefulness. Aiming to be an accessible ERC-20 token for tipping and micro-transactions, Tachyon is cryptocurrency designed to compliment Ethereum. With the Ethereum network rapidly growing, Tachyon hopes to be the light-fuel for the future’s informal digital economy.

Reasons for the Project

With Ethereum moving from a proof-of-work to a proof-of-stake system, its ecosystem will inevitably expand and improve over time. Yet, with its expansion, there will likely be a need for a go-to token for micro- transactions. This is because, as the price of Ether continues to increase, a smaller and smaller fraction will be needed for the average person. The Ethereum.org website itself states in its description that:

Ether is to be treated as ‘crypto-fuel’, a token whose purpose is to pay for computation, and is not intended to be used as or considered a currency, asset, share or anything else.

This will pose a significant problem since Ethereum has different use-cases when used in smart contracts, payments, and decentralized applications. Ethereum's primary function is not as a currency, but instead as gas for the network. With the Ethereum network only getting larger, its usefulness as a 'currency' will further diminish. Many tokens will thus emerge in time to fulfill this currency function, as a way to accessorize payments done over the Ethereum network.

We envision Tachyon (TYX), with its fitting name, as Ethereum’s compliment for tipping and small transfers between friends. Tachyon is a project focused on accessibility—and this includes the novelty aspect of the coin. Meant to be embedded into existing forums, chats, websites, and so on, Tachyon is a memorable token meant to accessorize payments in this digital economy.

Why the Name "Tachyon?"

Depending on who you task, tachyons might be a theoretical impossibility or an exciting prospect. Based off the Greek word ‘tachys’ meaning ‘swift,’ tachyons are hypothesized particles faster than the speed-of-light. This may seem impossible according to our current understanding of the natural world. To travel at speeds equal to light, one needs a mass of zero. This means that to travel faster-than-light, the particle would need to have a negative mass.

Is such a concept possible to conceive? For now, tachyonic particles serve more as a placeholder for imaginary concepts within astrophysics, similar to how the variable i denotes an imaginary number in mathematics (as is the case when, for example, one tries to factor the square root of a negative number). However, string theory calculations of particle vibrations has found that the squared mass derived from these vibrations can sometimes yield an imaginary number. We are likely limited now by our available tools of detection.

Regardless of their validity, tachyons have captured the imagination of science-fiction writers and popular culture ever since it was popularized in James Blish’s Star Trek novel Spock Must Die! in 1970. It’s since been seen in Babylon 5, The Watchmen, and many other pop culture references.

Science-fiction has often referenced tachyons to send messages, payments, and digital media in an instant – and TYX will be its crypto-embodiment!

When will Tachyon be released?

Tachyon will be releasing its token in the coming weeks. We will be releasing the TYX token for free as an airdrop to reward those who stumbled upon us early and to get it in as many hands as possible. All you need is an Ethereum wallet like MyEtherWallet and you can receive the token.

Tachyon (TYX) is an ERC-20 token built on Ethereum.

✓ Circulating supply will be 299,792,459 which is one more than 299,792,458 m/s, the speed of light in a vacuum.
   ✓ No inflation or coin burn. All coins are minted immediately at creation.
   ✓ Divisible by 18 places
   ✓ Fixed Batch Overflow Bug which broke some ERC-20 tokens

TYX’s function is best served token for tipping and micro-transactions. It thus aims to be integrated functionally for tips on forums, chats, and elsewhere for small transfers. With the Casper update coming out in Q4 for Ethereum, sending TYX will be cheaper as well as faster.

The first TYX airdrop will distribute 5% of the total supply split among those who expressed early interest. There will be succeeding airdrops of a cumulative 5% on a semi-regular basis until the entire total supply of 299,792,459 TYX is distributed. We are going with this airdrop strategy to ensure the Tachyon token is in as many wallets as possible, a step closer to our goal of complete accessibility.

To sign up for the first airdrop, please fill out this three-question form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOc31DoQFMDVbGIjFpPO981YMeN6XqeLbEGTktCqRnh8FM9A/viewform?usp=sf_link

We will also be releasing a guide on how to receive the tokens and how to add them to your Ethereum wallet before the token's release.

Website and Social Media

For updates on Tachyon's development and future airdrop dates, please follow one of our social media accounts.

Our Website: https://tachyontoken.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TachyonToken
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tachyontoken/
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/TachyonToken
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/TachyonToken/

(Sorry, if I was a more veteran BitcoinTalk member I would be able to add images and post our logo and mascot, Tachie, but sadly I can't).

Just post the logo/images, on my quote the image should appeared Wink

NO SIG!!!
Tachyon_X (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 07:00:47 AM

Just post the logo/images, on my quote the image should appeared Wink

I posted Tachyon's logo as an imgur link at the top of the post instead.  Smiley
raitsuk

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:23:30 AM

That is really true that ETH is mostly used to pay transaction fee.
So Tachyon tried to help ETH move from that spot isn't it?

Tachyon_X (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 04:19:17 PM

With what I've read so far the project seems so fascinating let's see how it goes, will stick around Cool

Wait until you read the whitepaper! Wink Soon to be released either tomorrow or the day after.
ganegani91

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:13:22 PM

many projects are similar to your project, so developers and teams should work harder on this project, it is your big job

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
Tachyon_X (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 09:24:45 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 05:11:46 AM by Tachyon_X

Thanks for everyone who expressed interest! We've gotten a bigger reception than we anticipated in the first few days for the airdrop sign-up.  

Here's an update from us on the distribution of the tokens and the airdrop strategy:
https://medium.com/@tachyon.tyx/free-airdrop-distributing-tachyon-tokens-75a80dedf513

We will be releasing our whitepaper within the next few days. Within the coming days, the tokens will be minted and a date will be announced for the airdrop.

Some big updates coming in the next few days. Tachyon will soon be online.
fitrxfaidxfaijx
Copper Member

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 11:03:14 PM

Your Ann details here not solid enough Cry.,
So i will waiting you website live first  Roll Eyes & till u releasing whitepaper Wink before join your project.,Whitepaper release Tomorow .. isn't Huh Cool
Tachyon_X (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 03:38:29 AM

Your Ann details here not solid enough Cry.,
So i will waiting you website live first  Roll Eyes & till u releasing whitepaper Wink before join your project.,Whitepaper release Tomorow .. isn't Huh Cool

Everything will be clearer in a few days. This is just the announcement. The whitepaper and website will provide more information when released/completed.

man, this is a pretty cool project, been looking forward to an ERC-20 that would bridge the gap between users and cyptocurrency as a whole. Looking forward to the official launch of this project!

Thanks! And agreed, we need more use-cases in the crypto space. That's what Tachyon is all about which is why we're focusing on accessibility and everyday utility.
Time freak

Activity: 171

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:53:43 AM

With what I've read so far the project seems so fascinating let's see how it goes, will stick around Cool

Wait until you read the whitepaper! Wink Soon to be released either tomorrow or the day after.
great Can't wait to see it then I hope it has a great future
Tachyon_X (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 09:15:23 PM

Hello everyone!

The Tachyon website, whitepaper, and roadmap is live! Please visit https://tachyontoken.com and take a look! Tell us what you think!

Grin
Time freak

Activity: 171

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:45:55 PM

Hello everyone!

The Tachyon website, whitepaper, and roadmap is live! Please visit https://tachyontoken.com and take a look! Tell us what you think!

Grin
that's a great news going to check it out right away I hope it's a great read and congrats guys
Tachyon_X (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 09:19:20 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2020, 01:11:42 AM by Tachyon_X

The Bounty for our Airdrop is LIVE!

All you have to do is join our Telegram and follow us on Twitter to receive TYX!

Please visit the bounty thread for more information.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: