Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:02:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FACTORS THAT AFFECTS THE PRICE OF AN ALTCOIN?  (Read 1510 times)
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:56:05 PM

Tokens are poured onto the stock exchange at the price that was at the ICO. And then, thanks to the demand, people on the stock exchange themselves form the price.
delarossa

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

MINTER

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 05:00:13 PM

The most important factor of the influence of coin prices is due to how the concept and purpose of the project itself. If they feel the concept that they offer good, it is not impossible that many enthusiasts who want to have the coin. From there the demand is high and the price increases.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:01:17 PM

The price depends on demand and supply juat like in any other marketplace and product, however altcoins also depend largely on fundamental events, if positive news comes then there are chances the alt value will increase and if there is negative or suspicious activity for any alt we can expect prices to reduce.

goldencrypto9

Activity: 476
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:55:36 AM

I think one of the major reason is pump and dump. It is an illegal act done by spreading false statement or news to increase the price of a bad coin. People do it for a short profit.
thirdkiller

Activity: 301

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:05:09 AM

It can be a success of the project, as well as the state of Bitcoin because some way bitcoin is affecting the price of every each cryptocurrency on the stage.
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:14:01 AM

Prices of altcoins are usually averagely the same across various exchanges, with little price variations that are easily negligible sometimes. Sometimes the price is a function of what traders are will to accept on that exchange. However, you need to be careful about exchange with vary low prices of a particular coin in comparison with other exchanges. Usually, scam exchanges do that as you transfer ETH/BTC to buy those coins and your money is trapped as you can't withdraw them to sell on other exchanges.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:23:15 AM

Hi everyone, since I'm still a newbie, and I didn't even tried trading,
I'm just wondering what factors affecrs th price of the token.
And also why some exchanges have higher selling price and others have lower selling price. Can you share your thoughts?

There are many factors are the team involve in the project, the development, the use case, and the community behind it that moves the price. Another major factor is bitcoin. When bitcoin is down, most altcoins are down.
Symproverse

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:31:46 AM

Pump and dump is hyping up a valueless coin and holding a good portion of it to themselves (Pump). When the hype is at peak, they will sell off their reserved coins and then make a short term but huge profit by the time you realize the real value which is known as dump.
aizen10

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:00:52 AM

high maximum supply of tokens can affects the price of every single tokens/coins in the market, in fact the lesser the max supply, the more potential to become more high or higher the prices. at some point, more ICO now are totally insane to create a billions of tokens/coins as maximum supply, then when the soft cap reach, the approximately price of the coins/tokens in the ICO become more undervalued because of the remaining supply.

markets has not the same in terms of the prices of each tokens/coins, because of the volume on every exchange sites, like for example, reputated exchange prices is high than the ordinary exchange because of the volume.
shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:14:23 AM

Hi everyone, since I'm still a newbie, and I didn't even tried trading,
I'm just wondering what factors affecrs th price of the token.
And also why some exchanges have higher selling price and others have lower selling price. Can you share your thoughts?

The first impression to affect the price of the altcoin is its project itself. The very point is that most of the investors may prefer projects with a successful and realizable consideration; having a transparent community and a solid team to create an innovation in the blockchain generation. Thus, it would create the value of a particular altcoin in the market; however, there are many considerations aside from this factor to recognize the price of an altcoin. There we have the factor of economy, people, community, government, businesses, internal factor – such as managing the ICO, and etc.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
3x1t

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:42:08 PM

There are a lot of such factors and of course they depend on the cryptocurrency at all. For example, world's news, BTC and ICOs  make a large impact.
jonloner011

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:54:15 PM

In my opinion the main factor that affects the price of the altcoin is mutual influence which is comparison of the price. We all know bitcoin is the 1st cryptocurrency and always leading the board. As a result altcoin follow bitcoin price flow most of the time which affect its price.
3x1t

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:52:16 AM

I suppose that there are not so many main factors. For example, it could be the price of BTC, world's events and other global factors. That's all I think.
bitcoinbuyer

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:16:03 AM

The main element here is btc's price. Altcoins' dependence to btc is too hard. Moreover, common events all over the world play not hte last role.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
toshisoroki

Activity: 198
Merit: 1

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:01:44 AM

Altcoins are depended on everything on the cryptocurrency market and there are a lot of reasons. For example, BTC's price influences on altcoins so much.

GYM Ledger  //  The World's 1st Health Band with Integrated Hardware Wallet
https://gymledger.com/
Join Pre-SALE  |  OCTOBER 1st
pureheart (OP)

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:13:55 AM

pump and dump.
which is basically pure manipulation of the market. sometimes it starts with some sort of news which hypes the coin and leads to its pump. for example Stellar was listed on Coinbase (or is going to be listed?) and that hyped it up a lot and lead to a big pump of it.
but sometimes it is just pumpers picking up some random shitcoin and pumping it for short term profit.

price of altcoins are always the same with a very small difference on different exchanges.
if a difference occurs it will be resolved in a very short time because people either buy/sell that coin on the other exchange and bring the price to the same level as other exchanges or they arbitrage it to come to that level.
if you see a persistent difference then it means there is some problem with that exchange with different price.

Great answer. I am also very cauteous trading in this market due to the high risk of manipulation. Things like washtrading and spoofing are happening on a daily basis as there are no regulations. In other financial markets there is much less risks as these things are illegal. It‘s also much harder to do even if you play with millions. In the crypto market if one whale sells his position the token can decrease in price by double digits and newcomers get burned as they are not aware of this and think that „everyone is selling“ and therefore better get out quickly

Thank you for your great information to me. It has a big help.
Maybe I'll study and learn more about trading and the market  So that when the time comes, I'll be able to trade perfectly.
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:18:46 AM

Very basic. Supply and demand are the two things that affects the price on the market. We can go technical on this but I'd rather not. The simple the better. BTW, I just want to mention those people who keeps on postiing multiple orders just to get the price they want. I know it is legal to do but it felt like the coin itself is being cheated so as the other traders. Can they stop doing this?.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:19:19 AM

The price of altcoins depend on:
1. The vision of project if it's a coin of project. And the success of project after ico.
2. The situation of the market. It's up or down. Sometimes the market does not affect the price of altcoin.
Aleksey1958

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:19:11 AM

The price of a particular altcoin is affected by the General movement of the market, the volume of its purchases or sales affects the price movement up or down, as well as events on the coin are negative or positive.
angelramirez24

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:44:54 AM

It's really supply and demand. The more demand the coin generates the higher the price will be.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: