Bitcoin Forum
July 23, 2024, 11:19:10 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox - To resume withdrawals Feb 20th - New ATH approaching  (Read 10386 times)
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:50:46 PM

It's been 72hours since I sent my urgent SEPA transfer (which guarantees same day from my bank - and shows same day when i do this to bitstamp) and it still isn't showing on my gox account. I'm inclined to agree that I will miss the window, and price will have normalised before I get chance to get a few discount coins.

ho hum.

Why oh why did you send money over there?Huh Did you also sent BTC to Gox in the last weeks when the price over there was +20% ?
It´s a trap, you will get fooled. I hope not so.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:59:36 PM

It's been 72hours since I sent my urgent SEPA transfer (which guarantees same day from my bank - and shows same day when i do this to bitstamp) and it still isn't showing on my gox account. I'm inclined to agree that I will miss the window, and price will have normalised before I get chance to get a few discount coins.

ho hum.

Why oh why did you send money over there?Huh Did you also sent BTC to Gox in the last weeks when the price over there was +20% ?

I sent cash because i believe that the issue over btc withdrawal will be resolved in due course, and it looked like an opportunity to buy at a discount.

I didn't send coins when it was selling at a premium, because I think resolving the issues over fiat withdrawals was a much tougher nut to crack for gox as it relied in the co-operation of 2rd parties in the traditional banking system. A much different issue.

Fixing btc withdrawal is just a matter of them re-enabling it in their software.

It's not that I don't participate in groupthink, but that I try to recognise when doing so is detrimental. YMMV. I think gox are mildly incompetent. I don't think they are intentionally committing fraud.

I might be wrong about the whole thing, it might be a big mistake, but I'm clear about why I'm doing what the risk is in my view, and what the potential reward is.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
fonzie

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:04:56 PM

Smiley okay, i understand your intentions.
BTC withdrawls might however be enabled(limited? ) or however. I just don´t believe that one can use the situation to profit.
Please keep me up to date if they credit your account before the gap closes(in whichever direction). I reckon that deposits might somehow be a bit delayed at the moment... Wink
But that´s just one of many Gox  theories right now.  Wink

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3492
Merit: 4513

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:07:42 PM

ATH was reached due to hordes of Chinese gamblers and media hype. Both of them are gone. Keep it real.

Nha, they made Bitcoin bigger and now other ppl/company's around the world will be buying due of the media frenzy, its common sense man.

Do you realy think this is it? lol 2013 was just a main-stream kick-off. I think you need to keep things real Shocked
biafore (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:17:22 PM

Smiley okay, i understand your intentions.
BTC withdrawls might however be enabled(limited? ) or however. I just don´t believe that one can use the situation to profit.
Please keep me up to date if they credit your account before the gap closes(in whichever direction). I reckon that deposits might somehow be a bit delayed at the moment... Wink
But that´s just one of many Gox  theories right now.  Wink
Fonzi you are scum this has been proven and stated by some of or nearly all the most liked and trusted members. No one cares what you think or trusts anything you say. Definition of bottom feeding scum. Also I know you have NO Bitcoins hahahahaha Smiley
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:34:18 PM

Erm, biofore could you make clear what that was about. Otherwise it just looks like you being extremely rude.
biafore (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:56:27 PM

Erm, biofore could you make clear what that was about. Otherwise it just looks like you being extremely rude.
And fonzi not? I feel I was being nice. Im sorry did I hurt your feelings Embarrassed
indiemax

Activity: 722

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:54:07 PM

And who's sock puppet are you, newbie? Grin
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1111

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:57:48 PM

This is perfect:

1. Put fake bid order to push up the price
2. Sell at 900s
3. Crash the market by announcing a long-known bug
4. Use the bug to DDOS the network and further crash the price
5. Pull all fake bid order and let the price free fall
6. Buy at 200s
7. Reopen withdrawal with restriction
8. Goto step 1

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
jatajuta

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:09:47 PM

This is perfect:

1. Put fake bid order to push up the price
2. Sell at 900s
3. Crash the market by announcing a long-known bug
4. Use the bug to DDOS the network and further crash the price
5. Pull all fake bid order and let the price free fall
6. Buy at 200s
7. Reopen withdrawal with restriction
8. Goto step 1

Don't forget the illuminati.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 4683

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:28:10 PM

When the next ATH comes, it will have nothing to do with Gox or any other exchange.

It will be caused by adoption and the continuing development of the Bitcoin infrastructure and possibly assisted by media coverage such as the Gawker articles in spring 2011 or the coverage of the Cypriot banking crisis in spring 2013 or of the Chinese Bitcoin adoption craze of autumn 2013.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:32:30 PM

ho hum.

I sent cash because i believe that the issue over btc withdrawal will be resolved in due course, and it looked like an opportunity to buy at a discount.

I didn't send coins when it was selling at a premium, because I think resolving the issues over fiat withdrawals was a much tougher nut to crack for gox as it relied in the co-operation of 2rd parties in the traditional banking system. A much different issue.

Fixing btc withdrawal is just a matter of them re-enabling it in their software.

It's not that I don't participate in groupthink, but that I try to recognise when doing so is detrimental. YMMV. I think gox are mildly incompetent. I don't think they are intentionally committing fraud.

I might be wrong about the whole thing, it might be a big mistake, but I'm clear about why I'm doing what the risk is in my view, and what the potential reward is.

Essentially this would be gambling. But then again trading is the same thing.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:34:53 PM

When the next ATH comes, it will have nothing to do with Gox or any other exchange.

It will be caused by adoption and the continuing development of the Bitcoin infrastructure and possibly assisted by media coverage such as the Gawker articles in spring 2011 or the coverage of the Cypriot banking crisis in spring 2013 or of the Chinese Bitcoin adoption craze of autumn 2013.

Yes. And hopefully GOX will not be in the Bitcoin world anymore and just a memory.

Just because withdrawals will be reopened with "LIMITS" does not mean ATH is upon us. I disagree that this will be the cause for an ATH.

We can thank MTGOX for the bear sentiment building in the markets though.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:09:56 PM

Yes. And hopefully GOX will not be in the Bitcoin world anymore and just a memory.

Just because withdrawals will be reopened with "LIMITS" does not mean ATH is upon us. I disagree that this will be the cause for an ATH.

Yes,  hopefully we can move beyond GOX.  I do think this Gox fiasco has shown us what the true low is (the low on Gox is of course extreme) but the other exchanges hovering around $600 or so is nice to see, honestly.  Some seem to speculate we will go down from here.  I am not sure what news could cause it to drop further?  The most well known exchange possibly going bankrupt due to a potential "bug" in the Bitcoin code is probably about as bad as any news will ever get so we should approach an ATH soon.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:21:09 PM

If soonTM, really comes to pass, there will be a huge price surge on Gox has everyone rushes to get their funds out of Gox, this will likely be accompanied by a fools rally on Bitstamp which will be soon be brought right back down to earth by the flood of BTC retrieved from Gox being cashed out immediately by a big bunch of exasperated BTC long term bitcoin holders/investors who have had the trauma of seeing their fortune holed up in this rat-hole of an exchange.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 4683

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:25:05 PM

Yes,  hopefully we can move beyond GOX.  I do think this Gox fiasco has shown us what the true low is (the low on Gox is of course extreme) but the other exchanges hovering around $600 or so is nice to see, honestly.  Some seem to speculate we will go down from here.  I am not sure what news could cause it to drop further?  The most well known exchange possibly going bankrupt due to a potential "bug" in the Bitcoin code is probably about as bad as any news will ever get so we should approach an ATH soon.

+1

What doesn't kill Bitcoin only makes it stronger.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:32:03 PM

Taking the most charitable view on things:

Gox has been defrauded out of a shit ton of BTC, they are now insolvent and possibly operating in negative equity, they halt BTC withdrawals which causes the price to plummet as panicked investors rush to get into USD....and you think Karpeles and co aren't taking the liberty of arbing the fuck out of all those cheap coins to recover some of their losses?

A more honest thing to do would be for Gox to suspend trading until the problem was fixed. This would provide panicked investors with no outlet for crashing the Goxcoin price, or rather selling into Karpeles koffers as his bots crash the price. This wasn't done, because Gox isn't an honest place. It's a fucking rathole and anyone would have to be certifiable to go sending money there thinking that they are getting in on a cheap Bitcoin bonanza. Most likely, these 'cheap Bitcoins' aren't for you. A SEPA transaction to another €uro account takes just 1 day. MtGox has your money and probably hundreds of thousands more besides hoping to get in on some arbitrage action and lsoing out on cash stream to gamble in other financial sectors. At the touch of a button, he could fund all your accounts, but that would be letting y'all in on his action. If you get your funds cleared when Bitcoin is still around $200-$300 on Gox, then it is cos its going down further. Otherwise, you will find your account being credited at much more normalised price levels and you will be weeping waiting for weeks trying to extract your funds in dribs and drabs.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
fonzie

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:37:08 PM

Taking the most charitable view on things:

Gox has been defrauded out of a shit ton of BTC, they are now insolvent and possibly operating in negative equity, they halt BTC withdrawals which causes the price to plummet as panicked investors rush to get into USD....and you think Karpeles and co aren't taking the liberty of arbing the fuck out of all those cheap coins to recover some of their losses?

A more honest thing to do would be for Gox to suspend trading until the problem was fixed. This would provide panicked investors with no outlet for crashing the Goxcoin price, or rather selling into Karpeles koffers as his bots crash the price. This wasn't done, because Gox isn't an honest place.

Are u aware of the fact that Gox has an unlimited trading account, with unlimited coins and $. It´s of course not official. The crash to 0.01 in 2010 was due to the fact that somebody hacked into this "unlimited" account and sold until the price went to 0.01. After that all trades have been rolled back. And they called it i think an "auditor" account, but of course denied that an account with unlimited supply of $/BTC exists.

MatTheCat

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:40:34 PM

Are u aware of the fact that Gox has an unlimited trading account, with unlimited coins and $. It´s of course not official. The crash to 0.01 in 2010 was due to the fact that somebody hacked into this "unlimited" account and sold until the price went to 0.01. After that all trades have been rolled back. And they called it i think an "auditor" account, but of course denied that an account with unlimited supply of $/BTC exists.

I wasn't no. I think that Gox is a fucking rathole and Karpeles is basically a crook. As I said, I was putting the most charitable spin on events that I possibly could.

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:49:01 PM

Why the hell does Gox need to use blockchain.info identifiers??? That is absurd.

The simple way to look for a transaction in the blockchain is
if ( list of inputs = list of inputs AND
     list of outputs = list of outputs AND
     amounts = amounts )
then
  transaction found

Instead Gox has insisted that they need an identifier because they want to keep doing
if( tx id = tx id )
then
  transaction found

Seriously do these guys have zero programmers on staff, can they not pick up an Intro to C book?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: