Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:07:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I ALMOST GOT SCAMMED! BEWARE PEOPLE  (Read 431 times)
Ceyebrity (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:47:43 AM

I was trying to buy NEO coins but I didn't know it's not an ethereum based tokens. I searched for NEO contract address on google and I got one, not knowing it's a fake NEO created by a scammer. I used the contract address on forkdelta and it brought the fake NEO with the price slightly different from the original NEO being traded at bitforex. I was about buying before I sensed that something was wrong cos there was neither a  trade history nor any buy orders; only sell orders. That was how I got saved from being scammed. Please be weary of these people especially if you're a newbie in crypto world.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:55:26 PM

I was trying to buy NEO coins but I didn't know it's not an ethereum based tokens. I searched for NEO contract address on google and I got one, not knowing it's a fake NEO created by a scammer. I used the contract address on forkdelta and it brought the fake NEO with the price slightly different from the original NEO being traded at bitforex. I was about buying before I sensed that something was wrong cos there was neither a  trade history nor any buy orders; only sell orders. That was how I got saved from being scammed. Please be weary of these people especially if you're a newbie in crypto world.
That’s good that you saved yourself from such scam. Actually nowadays scams have become very common. The criminals know that cryptocurrencies are a new industry and as more and more people are becoming aware of it, they can take the advantage of it to scam them. Therefore, beginner should be especially careful while investing their money. I think this is one of the main reasons which discourage many people to invest in this market.
Cogy

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:10:51 AM

Nowadays, the scams are designed in such a way that they seem almost real. You were really close to being scammed, it's fortunate that you got to know the truth. I'd  suggest you to approach the verified ones only, and also I appreciate how you shared your experience with others and spread awareness.
Queen12

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:17:07 AM

In fact, it's just because you don't know this token, so I still don't recommend that newbie use a decentralized exchange, so it's easy to run into problems and try to trade on a large exchange, like binance.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
leialdover

Activity: 243

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:18:21 AM

You will never know if you'll be scammed or not. Most of the investments scheme nowadays are just to good to be true. Collecting different kinds of coins and then runaway. some are true but didn't work out, then turn into scam again. Just be safe, and always invests or put money on something that you can afford to lose, and diversified of possible.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
BItCoinPidger

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:47:53 AM

Thaks for sharing your exprience. we all know scam is one of most popular threat in crypto currency market. As it's a  online market we can not get rid of this. We all have aware of this scam carefully we have to invest.
ziro cent

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:59:19 AM

It is important to look out for scammers. We always need to see the number of investors associated with the coins as well as the trade history. This proves that if it has had any transactions or not. We need to extra careful, given the scammers have gotten smart too.
Danisababy

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:08:20 AM

Thank you for sharing your experience to us, this gives me more information on how to detect scams from real ones. It is fortunate of you to notice it before you made a transaction with the fake one. It is really important that we are very keen even to the smallest details so that we can avoid scams.
Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:19:07 AM

Guys common i think this post isn't about a scam, this is all about bewaring invest fund without knowing what you buy, without even research that NEO isn't ERC20 and use own blockchain!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Shative

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:52:09 AM

The reports of scam has skyrocketed. The scammers are getting smart therefore we should be more careful. Investor should check for the trade history as well as the background of the coin. Also it should be discussed with the people in the forum.
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:54:29 AM

Neo and Ethereum have different protocol though their sevice are similar in that you could create smart contract on both platforn. Neovis not an ethereum token and you should not make such mistake in future!
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:04:53 AM

Better buy NEO on a specific exchange rather than a doubtful seller. The more secure technology is the more smarter the hackers. The people should be aware of anything that is ambiguous things they see, an example is your "fake" NEO that you almost bought from scammer. Lucky for someone like you that you escaped that modus. Newcomers on crypto world should be aware of contract addresses to know the altcoin's legitimacy. It is also sad that these kinds of things are mostly ignored but I think it is better to spread awareness rather than keeping it secret. Or the best way is you just buy on legit exchanges to prevent those things, NEO is available in most exchanges.
drants

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:12:04 AM

it's really wise of you! your emotions under control Wink the way scams evolves these days is something outrageous, one day they'll learn how to fake your own thoughts

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
Agaventy

Activity: 218

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:49:27 AM

Scams are not that easy people, if you verify with trustworthy sites and have strong grounds of information, no one has a chance to scam you with fake news. Don't worry.
Thatimber7

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:06:33 PM

Your information will be helpful to the people of the crypto. Thank you for sharing it. There are many scams online that can offset you or cause damage to you. So from now on you will have to resort to the truth. Only alert can keep you safe.
shollyen

Activity: 344

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:14:35 PM

Sincerely, sharing this experience of yours is very much appreciated ....Thank God you were fortunate enough not to have paid to d fake one... The incessant increase of scam as far as crypto is comcerned is alarming.... People looking for innocent individuals to dupe.... Let us be more careful and do our findings well.... Thanks
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:21:10 PM

You are one lucky guy, you escaped that one, scammers and hackers are now getting good in what they are doing, as you can see a lot of post of their wallet getting hacked so better install metacert to verify the site that you are going to visit and of course, bookmark the real site so as not to get lost.
netil

Activity: 150
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:21:49 PM

Now in the market is extremely unstable situation. Bitcoin goes up, and altcoyins are falling. In such unclear conditions, the best solution will be to wait and see the developments on the market.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
BartholomewBTC

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:36:14 PM

Thanks for warning the community, these type of scams are nothing new, forums like reddit and bitcointalk have previously listed suspicious activities which will identify scams, your incident is same as the listed ones. Hopefully, nobody will fall for these scams anymore.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:38:38 PM

At least you saved yourself on it good for you. unlike what happened to me before , that I'm accused here in forum  because of using fake ETH wallet, which is without knowing it was controled by hacker, i think we're 3 users here accused and suffering because of that wallet. Which is we are tagged ( known as alt ) because of having the same address , Lol , so be careful guys don't jump quick on any results in google 'cause most now is created by hackers,  and make it sure first always to avoid such issues.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: