Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:22:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I ALMOST GOT SCAMMED! BEWARE PEOPLE  (Read 433 times)
SpyderSpyNX

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:35:57 PM

There are more forums like bitcointalk and others who have listed ways to identify a scam, It is important for all the investors to go through all of them to avoid getting scammed. Good to see that you didn't fall for it but be careful in the future. Nobody would like to lose their money to some thieves.
hermanjones18

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:38:05 PM

Many people’s are doing the same things they think neo is ehereum based token but it not. If you search on Google and then you will clear about this and there are so many fake neo are available in the market but they have a huge price difference between original one. So you need to careful when you buy neo.
Hurs1965

Activity: 203

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:06:42 PM

thank you for this information it will help us to be more aware, this is a online trading site so scams are part of it and that's very normal,  it up to the users that how conscious they can stay , accessing your account safely is  important otherwise you can lost your coins
EscapePlanETH

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:01:52 PM

Thanks for sharing the incident with everyone. One of my friends was trapped by same type of scammer once. He had lost a good amount of money for that mistake and from then I have become more careful in these kinds of matters.
localcrypto

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:23:17 PM

this is eye open how newbies get scam so we should be careful in selecting the right way of buying coins
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:17:57 AM

I was trying to buy NEO coins but I didn't know it's not an ethereum based tokens. I searched for NEO contract address on google and I got one, not knowing it's a fake NEO created by a scammer. I used the contract address on forkdelta and it brought the fake NEO with the price slightly different from the original NEO being traded at bitforex. I was about buying before I sensed that something was wrong cos there was neither a  trade history nor any buy orders; only sell orders. That was how I got saved from being scammed. Please be weary of these people especially if you're a newbie in crypto world.
luckily you have looked again correctly. if you already spend money, you should first inform yourself a little more detail. wish you luck that something does not happen to you again.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 01:15:30 AM

There are a lot of scammers out there right now trying every means possible to scam people.This is just one of the several tactics used by unscrupulous people now a days. Thanks for the heads up.

askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:29:53 AM

I was trying to buy NEO coins but I didn't know it's not an ethereum based tokens. I searched for NEO contract address on google and I got one, not knowing it's a fake NEO created by a scammer. I used the contract address on forkdelta and it brought the fake NEO with the price slightly different from the original NEO being traded at bitforex. I was about buying before I sensed that something was wrong cos there was neither a  trade history nor any buy orders; only sell orders. That was how I got saved from being scammed. Please be weary of these people especially if you're a newbie in crypto world.

This is a very popular and unhealthy way how scammers are looting people.
I remember the ICO boom when the tokens get ICO complete and then there will be fake tokens created and start trading on etherdelta. For example, I once saw message buy WePower Token on etherdelta before it lists to exchange on etherdelta.

The token name was "WPR Token", similarly I saw a lot many other cases too.
This is the dark side of cryptocurrency where newbies and less knowledge investors get scammed time to time, greed is also a big issue here. People fall for such scams in excitement and later regret, they dont even verify the contract address.  Huh
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:34:22 AM

I believe buy and sell activity is safe when you do that on exchange or trusted friend, you knew their history and performance. Don't try to find another information about person you didn't know or new exchange to support your activity, it's dangerous. See people act in front of you and learn what they do to keep their activity safe. Not always easy but worth to be done.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Tipstar

Activity: 1806
Merit: 298

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:02:48 AM

Never hurry on making any transaction. Being a late by a few hours won't yield you very large loss.
Be sure to check both from the sending, exchanging and receiving parties, rules, and what they offer.
I have not been scammed as such but I sent a few times to wrong address, double payed some, sometimes due to the delay form where I sent.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 02:13:57 AM

these days lot of scammers around the world. specially in Crypto currency most newbies get caught. There target is new people always. i also recently faced 1 ETH Scam. please be aware. always try to keep private key with you. dont not give anyone under any circumstances.

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:47:08 AM

NEO also sent me some messeges, thanks god I didn't renpond. Thanks for your information though.

Well there's a lot of phishing email saying you log in to this and that so better be cautious and always check their email address.

As per OP, don't trust anything in internet as nothing certain until you confirm it. Much better if you look at the CMC, click the coin and look for the contract address. And if you're unsure just trade in centralized exchange as hackers can't make their own address easily. Furthermore, good for you for saving yourself.

dasunlanka

Activity: 120
Merit: 23

Be cool

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 02:55:40 AM

This is not rare now..each and everyday happening similar things..for newcomers please study on the market how the coin works what is ERC20 token and basic things..cause each and very coin on the market there is a similar token created on ethereum block chain. those are very cheep you will impress by price..but actually there is no value for them...BEWARE people and save your cryptos..

[ F - A - M - I - L - Y ] Coolest word in the world - Be happy with your Family
TrufieldICO

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:06:20 AM

Please spend some time and do research before investing in an project. Best ICO with potential for huge returns on investment is the Trufield project ICO. This exciting project will revolutionize healthcare for millions of people. Trufield will provide free health data management systems in developing countries. The Pre-ICO is live and open to all investors, so buy your tokens at 25% discount. Buy Trufield token and learn more about the project here at http://Trufield.com or http://Trufield.io.
Hercerays

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:28:55 AM

These type of incidents are the reason to learn the right way to deal with cryptos and how to avoid getting scammed. Thanks a lot sharing your experience with the community and hopefully no one will fall for such trap from now.
taylorsara

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:55:17 PM

Yes we always need to be very careful while investing or buying any coins. It always important to check trade history,buy and sell orders. I am glad that you saw that and save yourself. We all should take this situation as a suggestion of our future work.
flatnose101

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:02:42 PM

There are a lot of scammers out there right now trying every means possible to scam people.This is just one of the several tactics used by unscrupulous people now a days. Thanks for the heads up.
true so if you are aware for what may ever be happen so keep remind your self that scammers are always there and you have to more careful about.
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:09:21 PM

Unfortunately, there are a lot of such scams, especially recently! You have to be very careful and you're done, I'm glad that you could recognize the scam, some do not notice such things! Be carefull ! If you buy a coin, study it!
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:09:38 PM

I dont understand really what you were thinking while searching the contract address over the internet? Who does that, who search a contract address over the internet where we send huge money to get the tokens. Its always advisable to get to the official sites of the project for which you want to buy the token and then get your token address from there. This is the official procedure you should always follow mate. Its your luck that you saved your ass from getting robbed, but this wont happen always. Lets just be safe all, and always remember never google stuff like this, its like calling for the phishing sites up front.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1344

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:18:12 PM

It is a good thing that people reveal the stories in which they were nearly scammed and that method is very common, in an ico in which I invested some time ago the same happened, the coin was not based in ethereum and yet the scammers tried something similar and many people lost their ethereum based tokens they had and the tokens they had bought, so people need to be very careful since it is very easy to fall victim of people like that.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀