Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:50:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN PRICE: EXPERT CLAIMS CRYPTO 'STARTING TO LOOK GOOD' DESPITE FAILING TO T  (Read 169 times)
WorkCoin (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:58:45 AM

BITCOIN’s rise back above $7,500 for the first time in a month has been met with suspicion from American economist Nouriel Roubini who claims that “price manipulation” triggered the 10 percent price spike in just 30 minutes.

Bitcoin had a strong breakout yesterday jumping 10 percent in just 30 minutes, reaching a high of $7,523.

The cryptocurrency failed to settle above the $7,500 mark as the day progressed but King of Crypto Barry Silbert said signs are "starting to look pretty good" for bitcoin.

Speaking to CNBC, Mr Silbert said: "A lot of people were looking for the bottom, a lot of institutional money looking with dry power looking for an opportunity to go in and I think the bears just ran out energy, ran out of bitcoin to sell.

"I think from a technical perspective it’s starting to look pretty good. When the chair of the FED says negative things about bitcoin, and Howard Marx says negative things about bitcoin, and bitcoin doesn’t move I think that’s a really bullish sign."

BTC is trading at $7,418.91 as of 12 pm BST on July 20.

The rest of the market also saw significant gains because of bitcoin’s unexpected price growth, with Ethereum trading for $461, Ripple for $0.46, and Litecoin for $85.37, according to Coindesk.

As a result of the near $600 price jump, bitcoin added some $9 billion to its market cap in a matter of minutes.

But Bitcoin prices are expected to take another hit today as the US Congress issues its judgement on whether the cryptocurrency and its peers can be categorised as real money and be regulated like traditional currencies.

Congress is set to "evaluate the merits of any uses by central banks of cryptocurrencies, and discuss the future of both cryptocurrencies and physical cash."

Guy Hirsch, US Managing Director of eToro, told Express.co.uk that “today’s hearings are a great step in the right direction."

He said: "We encourage regulators to hear more from good actors and companies with an international presence since they would be valuable to this discussion in Congress.

"Cryptocurrencies are by design global assets and companies with a global perspective are uniquely positioned to help regulators better understand the diverse regulatory approaches and best practices.

"Any law that Congress will pass affecting cryptocurrencies will have a global impact on foreign companies that are doing business in the US or want to enter the US market and therefore it is important for US lawmakers to facilitate dialogue with other nations on this matter."

Source: https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/991139/Bitcoin-price-BTC-cryptocurrency-latest-Barry-Silbert-BTC-USD-money-Congress-news

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:15:01 AM

LOL. just because someone fails to look at all the charts and this is the first time they see a rise it doesn't mean 10% rise in a couple of hours (not 30 min) is a price manipulation! this is actually quite common with bitcoin and basically any other market that when price starts to move upwards and breaks a major resistance ($6800 in this case) investors gain some confidence and start buying it up leading to a bigger rise.
now bitcoin market being smaller than traditional assets with their huge markets means the rise that bitcoin experiences is a little bigger than usual.

I also find the whole thing contradictory. when you start things off by saying it was price manipulation then go ahead and say things are looking good you are just contradicting the first thing you said.

I think the article is just quoting everyone who has said anything about the price no matter what side they were on!

Only Bitcoin
WorkCoin (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:21:50 AM

LOL. just because someone fails to look at all the charts and this is the first time they see a rise it doesn't mean 10% rise in a couple of hours (not 30 min) is a price manipulation! this is actually quite common with bitcoin and basically any other market that when price starts to move upwards and breaks a major resistance ($6800 in this case) investors gain some confidence and start buying it up leading to a bigger rise.
now bitcoin market being smaller than traditional assets with their huge markets means the rise that bitcoin experiences is a little bigger than usual.

I also find the whole thing contradictory. when you start things off by saying it was price manipulation then go ahead and say things are looking good you are just contradicting the first thing you said.

I think the article is just quoting everyone who has said anything about the price no matter what side they were on!

Your opinion is well noted. I will see it again, this time with your opinion on my mind
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:01:31 AM

BITCOIN’s rise back above $7,500 for the first time in a month has been met with suspicion from American economist Nouriel Roubini who claims that “price manipulation” triggered the 10 percent price spike in just 30 minutes.
Source: https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/991139/Bitcoin-price-BTC-cryptocurrency-latest-Barry-Silbert-BTC-USD-money-Congress-news
I love to see those experts from American economist who would claim that price is good and then we will have an Assurance that we are in the good place instead of being worried.
MorningTradeNeo

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:29:05 AM

BTC is, was and will be the hotcake of crypto-space as in my assumption, it is visibly related with crypto-space than any other altcoins. As the values of BTC rises above $7500, it is obviously a good sign for the BTC lovers as well as all people related to Crypto-space. It actually holds a faith and makes people more interested in BTC. There will be rise and fall,but the incidents like this will cheer us up.
Odnoklassniki

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:16:15 AM

The opinions stated here are very contradicting. one minute the post is against the price fluctuation, the other minute, it is in favour of the over all situation. Such conflicting opinions will only lead to miscommunications and misunderstanding among the users.
Hercerays

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:54:03 AM

It’s a very good news for me. It’s a record that bitcoin had just breakout yesterday and jumping ten percent n only thirty minute. Most importantly the price is raise  to 7500 dollar for the first time it reached the top not level. The rest of the market saw the giant activity.
farhiamunni

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:59:42 AM

In recent time bitcoins prices are rising because of their high demand. If demands are rise then automatically price will rise. Investors believe bitcoin is a safe option for invest and its price fluctuation range is low and it also stable in the market.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:01:10 AM

The reason bitcoin was climbing now is because the whales have stopped causing panic to cause people to sell their bitcoin. This time around the whales are now buying the bitcoin at sell order and they will be gaining more profits at the end of the year. Also some traders are now starting to convert their usdt  to bitcoin since they saw a stable increase pattern which is a safe signal to buy.
teterinal

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:02:29 AM

He is an expert yet he speculates that the price increase is already a price manipulation? This just fully shows he doesn't really understand crypto and just says things megative about it.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:05:12 AM

IMO we are on the beginning of the bull run. Berry Silbert says that Bitcoin bottom is already behind us.

I would expect Bitcoin price to go above $20,000 this year.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
wsca

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:26:02 PM

I also think so that the market is looking really good although there are some falls in alt coin. As the price of BTC is going up, prices of other alt coins will also go up in future.
Hozaim

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:47:07 PM

To be honest, BTC price has recovered a lot better than anyone expected, it reached the 7000$ mark in very little time, I wouldn't be surprised if I see it reaching 20,000$ by the end of 2018, the way BTC is being accepted and utilized all around the world, the demand will definitely increase.
Letre

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:46:04 PM

You don't need to be an expert to understand these signs. Bitcoin is getting widely accepted worldwide. Many conglomerates, websites, corporations are adding BTC as payment method, regulations surrounding BTC is becoming less rigid day by day. All these signs indicate that eventually BTC will rise due to its increasing demand.
MilfordGannon

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:01:02 AM

This is a clear sign that the people overlooked the state of the charts and gave a conclusion based on their carelessness. Plus the opinions are very contradicting.
idelawire

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:29:09 PM

Yes experts prediction is right Because bitcoin is crossed $8000 also this uptrend shut the haters mouths. if talk about crypto history then bitcoin never regret investors who invest their money in bitcoin because patience keeper peoples purchase bitcoins in downtrend when everyone talk negative about bitcoin so they get fruit in uptrend. Ur post is very interesting about bitcoin price and its movements.
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:58:19 AM

banks are wrong. so I think you just need not worry about the growth that is inevitable
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: