Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:28:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Learn from your mistakes  (Read 4059 times)
Bonwin (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:29:35 AM

Every mistake has its lessons. When you make a mistake, there are three things you should do: admit it, learn from it and do not repeat it.
Ever since i had been in this space, i have only been used to bitcoin, ethereum, NEO, waves, tokens that use their platform and some other very common coins, but just this week was my first time of transacting fully on XLM platform.
I got a token that uses the platform of Stellar (XLM) and i was able to trade the token into XLM on their decentralized exchange.
My mistake came in when i was about to transfer the XLM, to be traded into BTC on another exchange.
I thought the process of transfer would be the one i had been used to, not knowing that i was supposed to include a "MEMO".
I eventually transferred it, waited for hour, but found nothing.
I was bothered.
It was in that process i got to know that memo was to be included. That was my mistake.
I admitted i had made the mistake.
The lesson i learnt is to always study every thing first (both new and old, because old things can still change), before jumping into it.
This mistake i have made up my mind to never repeat again.

I AM SHARING THIS FOR YOU TO LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES AND FROM YOURS.

Thanks for your audience.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 11:38:44 AM

It sometimes be hard for many even though you are in crypto for years, it is important to take lessons from everything. That is only way to gain something against the loss.

Jateng

Activity: 1255
Merit: 144

Think Different

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:40:10 AM

Every mistake has its lessons. When you make a mistake, there are three things you should do: admit it, learn from it and do not repeat it.

This is a good and positive thing. I beleive it is a big help to some other people here that made mistakes. We all know that not all people are strong. Not all people are always positive because they easily give up when then make a mistake(s). They forget that "experience is the best teacher". Let us that mistake to rise up. We now knew it so can now avoid it.

kenjionline

Activity: 443
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:43:25 AM

It is a pity that in the world few people can learn from other people's mistakes. I'm one of them. When I started investing, I lost about $ 3000. In the foreground, I am very attentive and careful with investments. The main thing is not to give up and make useful out of mistakes.
KobbyD

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 11:55:09 AM

Well done for sharing your mistake. As you have learnt a lesson and shared it here, others will learn from it as well. It is sometimes very hard for others to admint their mistakes because of pride.
iamsediii

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:57:44 AM

Mistakes is part of our life sir. You don't get success without mistakes or failure. You learn how to success thru mistakes. I hope your mind will bright to my say. Goodluck to your future dude.
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:58:15 AM

Ever since i had been in this space, i have only been used to bitcoin, ethereum, NEO, waves, tokens that use their platform and some other very common coins, but just this week was my first time of transacting fully on XLM platform.
I got a token that uses the platform of Stellar (XLM) and i was able to trade the token into XLM on their decentralized exchange.
My mistake came in when i was about to transfer the XLM, to be traded into BTC on another exchange.
I thought the process of transfer would be the one i had been used to, not knowing that i was supposed to include a "MEMO".
I was bothered.
It was in that process i got to know that memo was to be included. That was my mistake.
The lesson i learnt is to always study every thing first (both new and old, because old things can still change), before jumping into it.

Everyone's mistakes are fair, and we always learn from mistakes to be right, let alone make mistakes in crypto it's very fatal because we can lose everything especially our assets

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:59:26 AM

I was bothered.

That's right, learn from your mistake and bear in mind that you should study first to have an knowledge to avoid making mistakes.
Most of people here  made a mistake not only you, but the lost is would be the way to be strong and take the risk.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:02:33 PM

Well done for sharing your mistake. As you have learnt a lesson and shared it here, others will learn from it as well. It is sometimes very hard for others to admint their mistakes because of pride.
It's great that there is one person who is thinking the same way as I do. Everything happens for a reason and sometimes we wish that we know what reason is that but the important thing is to take every mistakes as a lessons in life. Experience is the best teacher, and I believe that every mistakes has a lesson.

Y U MAD AT ME
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:11:01 PM

Yes, I definitely agree that people should learn from their mistakes. The best thing people should do to minimize or perhaps prevent the risk of committing mistake is to deepen the knowledge and skills about cryptocurrency. With regards to investments, just hodl your coin when it's bear market and sell during the bull run market when you already gain some profit.
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:13:27 PM

Yes ! we must learn on our mistakes so that we are not going to do that mistakes again and it will serves as a lesson for us to handle our emotions on handling cryptos.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
pinkliar

Activity: 262
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:14:54 PM

It's great that there is one person who is thinking the same way as I do. Everything happens for a reason and sometimes we wish that we know what reason is that but the important thing is to take every mistakes as a lessons in life. Experience is the best teacher, and I believe that every mistakes has a lesson.

And that lesson is you need to know, don't quit if you have mistakes in life because sometimes you need to be strong enough and learned everything, not because you did a wrong move means that you need to quit. Yes, All we need is to learn from our mistakes in life.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
alian17

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 12:16:11 PM

Thank you for sharing. I believe some people have met this mistake. too. This can give reminders to new or non operators. It's very kind of you to share it. I'm glad to know this mistake.too. I'll remember.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:20:12 PM

Im sick and tired with all of my mistakes before, i used to join many investment platform before at first they are paying but in the end they will left you out with no conscience. Thats why i promise to my self that ill never ever join investment platform in the websites again. That mistake push me to learn how to trade , i research everyday ,read and how are the techniques on trading luckily i all understand and execute those i learn from internet.
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:31:30 PM

I somehow sold 12,500 Mercury, at a low price.
And he grew up and and I would have earned 12 bitcoins  Grin Grin

Then study / do not study, and all this can not be guessed.
And we must take the rule: if the first time you print / translate a coin, do not be lazy to find out how it's done.

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

berezov_petro

Activity: 140

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:36:19 PM

I was bothered.

It really is necessary to learn from the mistakes of other people, it is very good. But I sometimes learn from my mistakes and this is not right because I used to make so many mistakes.

Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:43:41 PM

Yes ! we must learn on our mistakes so that we are not going to do that mistakes again and it will serves as a lesson for us to handle our emotions on handling cryptos.

Making mistakes is one of the hard feeling to lost your money in crypto but because of the mistake you'd learn to avoid it and don't do it again. Experience is one of the best way to learn and control your emotion.

mrcastelo

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:51:15 PM

I think most of us made a mistake or two (2) in cryptocurrency , either in trading or investing and its part of our everyday lives. We learn from those mistakes, and those mistakes made us more confident to trade or invest in the future.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 01:03:22 PM

When I was a beginner in crypto, I made so many different mistakes (I passed my private key, stored it not in a safe place, and so on), I learned from my mistakes and did not repeat them again. I do not regret my mistakes. I consider this a great experience.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:10:21 PM

I was bothered.

Thank you for this kind of information. I know that a lot of people in this community would be make their eyes open to this kind of mistake and would help them to avoid that kind of mistake in the future.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: