Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:23:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Learn from your mistakes  (Read 4059 times)
jawatulen

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:22:22 PM

Every mistake has its lessons. When you make a mistake, there are three things you should do: admit it, learn from it and do not repeat it.
Ever since i had been in this space, i have only been used to bitcoin, ethereum, NEO, waves, tokens that use their platform and some other very common coins, but just this week was my first time of transacting fully on XLM platform.
I got a token that uses the platform of Stellar (XLM) and i was able to trade the token into XLM on their decentralized exchange.
My mistake came in when i was about to transfer the XLM, to be traded into BTC on another exchange.
I thought the process of transfer would be the one i had been used to, not knowing that i was supposed to include a "MEMO".
I eventually transferred it, waited for hour, but found nothing.
I was bothered.
It was in that process i got to know that memo was to be included. That was my mistake.
I admitted i had made the mistake.
The lesson i learnt is to always study every thing first (both new and old, because old things can still change), before jumping into it.
This mistake i have made up my mind to never repeat again.

I AM SHARING THIS FOR YOU TO LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES AND FROM YOURS.

Thanks for your audience.

everything can be change in short or long period time my friend,,
so, you should learn more before do more,, wich mean do not think the same on different thing,, and no exception wich mean this is include in cryptocurrency world too

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:23:52 PM

It is always good to learn from them, but you need to understand that sometimes it is unlikely going to happen because the human body is always doing exactly the same (only that with some modifications on the actuality) so it is always the same

But if you continue to do the same old habit then something is wrong with your personality. Mistakes should be used as a learning instrument that can make you a better person in the future. We all have big mistakes and we can’t afford to do it again and again because if its in trading with cryptos for sure your capital will be gone easily.
OuterTech

Activity: 294

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:25:10 PM

Sharing your experience as well as your deepest lesson is worthwhile. I hope that next time, you will limit the way to make money over the Internet. Therefore experience should be drawn for subsequent transactions, to avoid the unfortunate situation.

zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:35:53 PM

This is very good knowledge for us to absorb,you are absolutely right in the world of crypto though a it has been long we know but still will remain changed for that we have to be ready to learn at any time.In the world of crypto there are a lot of smart people if we are not willing to learn then we'll just be a loser who just follow without knowing the direction of where its assets will be invested,the experience is also the best teacher,learn from the experience of yourself and also other people we have to do every day.
Utyg

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:39:56 PM

Dear friend, thank you for sharing your sad experience. I hope this situation will be a good lesson for many users. It's a great idea to share your mistakes and bitter experiences. Since it is better to learn from someone else's mistakes than on your own. It is a pity that not always so poluchaetsya.
Hulh

Activity: 148
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:07:40 PM

Well done for sharing your mistake. As you have learnt a lesson and shared it here, others will learn from it as well. It is sometimes very hard for others to admint their mistakes because of pride.

Experience is a best teacher and it easy for us to learn as we accept the mistakes we make.  But if you let your pride overpower ,you will never learn from your mistakes. Even our experiences can help other people to make a wise decision to make sure not make the same mistakes.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:16:13 PM

Yeah sometimes we thought all of the way to transfer is the same, but some alt coins do need memo to be able to moved, and this is a good way to remind all of us to read before doing any transaction, and I usually try to withdraw alt coin with small amount first to try whether its working or not, experience always is the best way to learn the new things
heninur

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:38:04 AM

Every mistake has its lessons. When you make a mistake, there are three things you should do: admit it, learn from it and do not repeat it.
Ever since i had been in this space, i have only been used to bitcoin, ethereum, NEO, waves, tokens that use their platform and some other very common coins, but just this week was my first time of transacting fully on XLM platform.
I got a token that uses the platform of Stellar (XLM) and i was able to trade the token into XLM on their decentralized exchange.
My mistake came in when i was about to transfer the XLM, to be traded into BTC on another exchange.
I thought the process of transfer would be the one i had been used to, not knowing that i was supposed to include a "MEMO".
I eventually transferred it, waited for hour, but found nothing.
I was bothered.
It was in that process i got to know that memo was to be included. That was my mistake.
I admitted i had made the mistake.
The lesson i learnt is to always study every thing first (both new and old, because old things can still change), before jumping into it.
This mistake i have made up my mind to never repeat again.

I AM SHARING THIS FOR YOU TO LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES AND FROM YOURS.

Thanks for your audience.
really the three things we must have when making mistakes, but most people always repeat their mistakes and this is a disadvantage.
I am a person who can not do that yet, I always make the mistake of selling coins in a hurry, and I always make this mistake over and over again.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Ziltoid

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:45:07 AM

My mistake was that when I doubled the Deposit I didn't withdraw half the money. As a result, I lost more than I invested. I won't make that mistake again.
Le Anh

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:58:21 AM

No one give you chance to get money free, so if you want to get money, you must pay for lesson (mistake also a good lesson for newbie)
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:59:21 AM

Admiting your mistakes is a good thing to do, it can ease the pain from that mistakes and realised that you have to be careful next time. You are not the only person that had some mistakes in crypto,  there are tons of mistakes happens in crypto everyday and a lot disappointment exist that carried more doubt to your self,  but the most important thing is,  accept that mistakes and move on. Like in your case you missed to add a memo in your transaction, then you lost your money in your own mistakes,
jarojak

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:04:22 AM

I am sorry, I didn't really understand.  So what happen to that token?  You lost it forever just because you don't include a memo?
@baoli

Activity: 1162

Base.protocol

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:04:35 AM

Waoh, sorry for the lost. This mistake is costly but sometimes I blame developers for some errors new users make. For example if not including memo could cost you your token. Their should be a flag prompt that if you go ahead you will lose your token or something that will remind you to include memo so you can go ahead to do that..I am really not happy when people lose token like this I don't see it as a fair game.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
duchaitp

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:16:09 AM

Thanks for your sharing of this experience. I have not traded XLM yet. So this is a worthwhile lesson, I will keep in mind.
LikaForw

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:31:14 AM

For example, I study on my own and on others' mistakes. Therefore, I know myself and I advise you never to hurry with the choice. In the back, no one pushes, and excitement will not lead to success. Always keep endurance and patience. And everything turned out
piaomar

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:45:03 AM

it's true that experience is the best teacher. if we want to learn from the experience of course we can be better in the future. besides, we also have to be more careful because in the world of cryptocurrency if we do things that wrong then it will be fatal. of course it will harm us. so be careful

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
KarinaMix

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:48:47 AM

it is good when a person is able to learn from the mistakes of others and from their mistakes, to extract useful information from this, it is a very good quality that will help you to continue to go in the right direction.
bluedeng

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 09:52:23 AM

Yes, everyone should learn from mistakes. This is a process of growth. You need to slowly accumulate your wealth of knowledge. Every detail of the cryptocurrency is very important because it has something to do with your money. You must be cautious.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
UIXID

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:07:44 PM

I had a big mistake when I earned a $ 2000 token baunty campaign and sold everything. Now they would cost 10 times more, and only 3 months passed.

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───
Website◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸CoinMarketCap
mine2slow

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:04:24 PM

I had a big mistake when I earned a $ 2000 token baunty campaign and sold everything. Now they would cost 10 times more, and only 3 months passed.

I wonder what kind of project it was? As far as I know, one usually sells all the tokens after a coin enters the exchange, and the price falls down. Only 1 project out of 100 rises after entering the market, that's why I'm interested in it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: