Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:46:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple Is Not A Cryptocurrency?  (Read 473 times)
rosyantony (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:06:08 PM

Ripple is trading at $0.48, following the loss of 6% on the daily basis. One expert alerts that Ripple is “not a cryptocurrency” and could skip the regulation that propels Bitcoin & Ethereum on to the better things.

https://coinpedia.org/news/ripple-is-not-cryptocurrency/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:11:57 PM

Ripple is trading at $0.48, following the loss of 6% on the daily basis. One expert alerts that Ripple is “not a cryptocurrency” and could skip the regulation that propels Bitcoin & Ethereum on to the better things.

I think that not a true cryptocurrency by the standard definition, Ripple may be the dividing line that separates two distinct products to emerge from the cryptocurrency revolution: assets and solutions.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:28:23 PM

What are you talking about? Do you truly believe that Ripple is not a cryptocurrency just because some expert states that? The majority of the Ripple investors including me firmly believe that Ripple is a cryptocurrency which has huge potential thanks to its community and real world use cases which is why I am HODLING my stack of Ripple for the long term even though it has fallen in value at the moment. I honestly do not care about the centralization aspect of this coin.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:38:42 PM

I think its vary on definition about the Meaning of (Crypto-Currency) Crypto- is from the Word Cryptography and "Currency" is a Monetary Unit! the first Cryptocurrency introduce was "Bitcoin" due to its decentralized nature.The Bitcoin (BTC) was the main reference or example about the nature of cryptocurrency as (Decentralized) But since "Ripple" is not Decentralized and Controlled by Centralized Banking System its often called not a Crypto-currency! But the question is. If ripple works like Bitcoin,and other Altcoins in the same Manner as Cryptography? its also called a Cryptocurrency but not in (Decentralized way) this is just my opinion and im not and Expert regarding this topic.
shinjo

Activity: 271

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:47:21 PM

Ripple wasn’t designed to be a coin or a normal cryptocurrency by the standard definition. While bitcoin and comparable cryptocurrencies give the value of the coin equal priority with network security, speed, and applicability, Ripple does away with the idea of XRP as any kind of investment asset and instead focuses on making the blockchain as strong as possible.
CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:53:04 PM

We are seeing some negative news about ripple lately and seems like some are trying to destroy this altcoin. Well, most of crypto traders don't agree with ripple being a cryptocurrency because it is not decentralized. Ripple transactions are powered through a centralized blockchain and you may also double check that on google. The reason why it stayed on part of the top 5 because it was backed by exceptional partnerships and sponsors.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:58:24 PM

Ripple is not a crypto currency in the usual sense of the word.  In fact, this is a settlement system designed to become a faster, transparent and safer alternative for existing ones (for example, for the SWIFT system used by banks).  XRP - the so-called Ripple coins - are used to facilitate transfers in various currencies.  In existing settlement systems, the basis for conversion is usually the US dollar.  The process is associated with additional costs and takes a long time - which is why bank transfers between countries often take up to 3 days.  Converting payment to XRP instead of dollars, the system saves on stock costs, and transaction processing takes a few seconds.
dress

Activity: 439

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:00:09 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2018, 12:27:01 PM by dress

Ripple wasn’t designed to be a coin or a normal cryptocurrency by the standard definition. While bitcoin and comparable cryptocurrencies give the value of the coin equal priority with network security, speed, and applicability, Ripple does away with the idea of XRP as any kind of investment asset and instead focuses on making the blockchain as strong as possible.
The Ripple blockchain isn’t open like those of other cryptocurrencies. XRP can be safely stored and kept, and uses cryptography to protect participants. This allows the currency to use the advantages of the blockchain ledger, but in a closed ecosystem that makes it more efficient.
PrivateEnemy

Activity: 315
Merit: 13

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:05:21 PM

Ripple based on the blockchain. So I don't understand why Ripple is not cryptocurrency. May be Ripple is not completly decentralised, but most of cryptocurrencies are dencentrilised only in theory.

Dexit

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:34:14 PM

This is not an easy question. I've read several opinions of different experts. They say that Ripple’s main aim is to become a “bridge currency” that financial institutions use to settle cross-border payments faster and more cheaply. I agree with this statement                                                      
MarchionessBold

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:27:27 AM

Now that I've read the article, I also think so. Ripple is basically a transaction protocol based on open source internet protocol, consensus ledger and a decentralized native digital asset. Ripple is basically a mixture of blockchain and fiat system, it definitely  does not have the features of a cryptocurrency.
Brequir

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:35:51 AM

The current value of Ripple is $0.45 but I will not completely agree with it being not a crypto-currency. Ripple is a well known Crypto-currency, as we know. There are rise and fall in the market always. that not means we assume an altcoin will vanish. Ripple is going through its hard times, this is true. We may always be positive about crypto-space as patience and wisdom is the core power to gain. You may act wisely if you own XRP.
Stumbleupon

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:41:35 AM

Ripple is just the name of a company. Instead of just jumping to the news spread by the people who are just there to speculate, we need to see how good Ripple is doing in the short span of time. Even when the market is this terrible.
Fleve

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:33:31 AM

Recently the coin Ripple is facing a downfall in the price. The price of it is gradually decreasing. And this has led experts to alert people that the coin Ripple is not a crypto currency. This would affect the value of Ripple in the future as it will be no longer be able to compete with other crypto.
a2zC

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:07:30 AM

From my point of view Ripple is a real-time gross settlement structure. Its  currency exchange and allowance network created by a us company which name is Ripple lab inc.
FireEye58

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:24:21 AM

Ripple is more widely known for its digital payment than as a crypto currency. XRP is in the making of a Bitcoin, enabling easy transfer of money from any currency exchange.
Sanjida
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:20:14 PM

Yes ripple is not a cryptocurrency is just the name of a company.in my opinion it is based on the blockchain and fiat system.i honestly do not care about the centering accept of this coin.
Welinigh

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:22:05 PM

I think you're right. Bitcoin or Ethereum is very good in the current crypto market. They have the ability to overcome their losses. But Ripple's entirety is the opposite.
Outeriesself

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:23:28 PM

It is true that ripple is nothing compared to BTC or ETH, also it's not like regular cryptos. But, if BTC, ETH can rise again, there's still chance for XRP.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:24:02 PM

Honestly, I haven't seen it closely but based on what I'm reading this is very opposite of Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency that values decentralization, because it is centralized but people still investing on it,  so we can say as long as it is profitable people will still invest on Ripple.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: