Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:05:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rules are Rules  (Read 589 times)
Bonwin (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:51:32 PM

Wherever you find yourself, always lookout for rules. Rules are rules and are meant to be obeyed. I wanted to trade on an exchange, but before trading, i needed to transfer my fund there.
I had a wrong assumption, because i thought every exchange sites have almost the same rules in common.
I made a mistake of not completing all the processes needed to transfer my fund to the exchange and that made me to loose my fund.
After contacting the admin, i was told that the penalty would be to pay a fee before it could be rectified.
To my amazement, the fund i transferred in there could not cover the fee for the penalty. It was exactly half of it. That was the price i paid for not obeying rules.
Had it been i read the rules carefully well before proceeding, i would not have lost my fund.

Rules will help you to maintain your boundaries.
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 01:28:48 PM

Wherever you find yourself, always lookout for rules. Rules are rules and are meant to be obeyed. I wanted to trade on an exchange, but before trading, i needed to transfer my fund there.
I had a wrong assumption, because i thought every exchange sites have almost the same rules in common.
I made a mistake of not completing all the processes needed to transfer my fund to the exchange and that made me to loose my fund.
After contacting the admin, i was told that the penalty would be to pay a fee before it could be rectified.
To my amazement, the fund i transferred in there could not cover the fee for the penalty. It was exactly half of it. That was the price i paid for not obeying rules.
Had it been i read the rules carefully well before proceeding, i would not have lost my fund.

Thanks for sharing your experience but, can you explain more about the mistakes you made when sending funds to the exchange?

They can fix it and that means your deposit was successfully sent to the exchange wallet but, I don't understand why your deposit could be a problem for that exchange and you are charged a penalty
Bonwin (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:35:40 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2018, 02:24:50 PM by Bonwin

Thanks for sharing your experience but, can you explain more about the mistakes you made when sending funds to the exchange?

They can fix it and that means your deposit was successfully sent to the exchange wallet but, I don't understand why your deposit could be a problem for that exchange and you are charged a penalty

Yes, my deposit was successfully sent from my end, but i did not know that for it to reflect on their exchange,i had to send using the memo alongside the address provided by the exchange.
My thought on this is that, for the fund to reflect, it would be manually processed by the exchange, but because i did not send it with the memo ID, i was denied the fund.
bojoketikung

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:39:58 PM

It makes sense to ask for traders to trade on the exchange so that the union must be obeyed in order to make it smooth. In this case like asking permission to enter a place to trade, such a picture yes sir. Each place or exchange has different rules, and if not adhered to must be fined.
Thank you for the information hopefully useful.
geminiboy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:59:26 PM

Yes, my deposit was successfully sent from my end, but i did not know that for it to reflect on their exchange,i had to send using the memo alongside the address provided by the exchange.
My thought on this is that, for the fund to reflect, it would be manually processed by the exchange, but because i did not send it with the memo, i was denied the fund.
indeed the exchange has different rules, but your problems I never find in any exchange, every deposit that has successfully entered means there is no problem in exchange, I want to know which exchange do you make a deposit?

Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:04:59 PM

Good attitude, this are highly required in crypto. Accept your mistake and move on with more stronger mind to face the real world of crypto. Follow the golden rules to lessen any losses like what you had experience. In evey move you do make sure to know the consequence and decide with risk. Like here in the forum read all rules to avoid getting red trust or  ban.  Care to not regret
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 02:21:45 PM

My thought on this is that, for the fund to reflect, it would be manually processed by the exchange, but because i did not send it with the memo, i was denied the fund.

I understand thanks for your explanation

indeed the exchange has different rules, but your problems I never find in any exchange, every deposit that has successfully entered means there is no problem in exchange, I want to know which exchange do you make a deposit?

I think forgot to include a Memo ID when depositing certain coins into Exchange is a pretty serious problem because Memo ID is useful to know the owner of funds for each transaction received in the Exchange wallet.

GraingerTainMian

Activity: 214

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:30:27 AM

I also once faced the same mistake when I was new to the community. I agree with you, rules should never be broken or else there's a price we have to pay for. It's normal in the world of cryptocurrency and blockchain system, it happens as first when you newly start trading, nevertheless , I really appreciate your efforts for spreading the awareness to others.
Flyne d Coin Digger

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:34:52 AM

Rules are not created to force others to follow it but rules are mean to be obey for a greater purpose and to mainten the peace and synchronization of a certain group as well.
Krassows

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

https://saturn.black

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:41:48 AM

In the case of regulatory cryptocurrency is very important, if we will follow a bounty of a certain project we must definitely know the existing rules, such as posting how many weeks, pay attention to the signaturenya, min rank of the account, count the stake, there we must understand in detail

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:42:32 AM

Lesson learnt Smiley. But can you let me know which exchange had you sent your cryptocurrency to? Cause I don't see any exchange has strict rules like that before Smiley. Anyway, next time you should carefully before sending your cryptocurrency to any exchange wallet to avoid the same mistake like this Smiley.

Hanebel

Activity: 363

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:50:07 AM

May I know what exchange it is so we can also prepare ourselves when we try to use this platform? Sharing this to us is a great help, although I feel sorry for your loss, I am positive enough you can have it back in other ways.
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:52:25 AM

Good advice, remember that you are in a way helpless when it comes to trusting a third party. Crypto is meant to be peer 2 peer, but we can't help, especially as newbies, to trust centralized services, especially exchanges that give us the only way to trade most crypto.

We trust ICOs,,, private blockchain tokens that we hope will have value. We trust exchanges,,, to keep our funds and honor our funds. So always be sure not to break the rules. Keep to the boundaries and you have the best chance.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
artaks

Activity: 264

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:33:05 AM

In crypto-space, you must always be cautious. What makes a person not losing any asset or opportunity is to be patient in every action and to be aware of every pros, cons, policy, and opportunities in any agreement. Here, surely you missed these facts and that caused a real loss. What you lose can be recovered if you learn from it and go with these disciplines, I assume.
Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:38:25 AM

Indeed rules are rules and individual exchanges have their set that you must stick to trade on their platform, failure to abide by them implies you losing your money. I saw a new exchange and I read in their WP that there will be fees for deposit of funds. In that instance, you need to ensure you stick to their rules and be prepared to pay the fees
OrlickThunder

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:42:45 AM

Even though we get lazy or want to be a bit rogue, we still need to follow the rules and regulations. They are there to actually safeguard us from falling into troubles. So, even though they might be time consuming, we need to follow the rules and regulations.
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:43:54 AM

Thats correct, that is why rules has been published and pop up the time you registered in any of the exchanges out there, i mean all of the exchanges have the rules like this. Its only upon us, if we gonna read all those rules, but whenever we forget to read the rules, we will only shoulder the cost.
marn6767

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:54:29 AM

your experience is bad for you. I'm sorry for that. But I thank you in that you share these experiences with us. I will pay attention after that. I hope you will not have the same situation again
Slimztee

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:58:24 AM

It's important to follow the rules, especially in this crypto world as it's so easy to lose one's funds due to little carelessness. You have to double check everything, every information provided by clicking the button most times. No need to be in haste as some errors are irreversible and irreparable.
lena1

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:07:17 AM

Thanks for the valuable information, I will take note, but so far I have not come across such a thing!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: