Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:48:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MUST READ article on our future  (Read 646 times)
mosley (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:07:11 PM

Agree with this completely.

http://www.bitcoinsachs.us/editorials/we-need-to-talk/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:46:04 PM

stopped reading where he said zetacoin is the future
lalakies23

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:59:51 PM

Betacoin is the future my friend.
lexicon

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:01:53 PM

NEM

POS, POI, PON

Very successful fundraiser over

Stay tuned!
Bansheroom

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:16:29 PM

Very nice, something i could really laught about. I wonder why this real master of satire has only 3k followers.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
Titan

Activity: 261

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:10:03 AM

This is indeed an interesting read thanks for posting this.

It is an evolutionary phase we are going through with all the altcoins.
In the dotcom boom there was a time when websites like pets.com were valued in the millions.
A catchy site name a good team to put all the right things together, VCs, IPO, everything was running like a clockwork and made a lot of money. The focus of all these sites was more and more only to make money and not about the purpose of the site.

This is very similar to what we see today in the altcoin space. A coin launched well with a catchy name and all the usual ingredients that worked well for others in the past plus some additional refinement of the mix and with a little luck it will launch into the stratosphere. A lot of energy is spent to get all the usual websites up and running and the coin explorers, the pools, and get the coin listed on the exchanges. The whole purpose of the thing is to get the money printing machine running, nothing else.

One can do now an interesting thought experiment. The question is: Would anyone in the community spend that kind of energy to get a coin going if there would be no money be made from the whole process? Likely this whole forum would not even exist.

If a lot of money is to be made it always changes the behavior of the people. All the thoughts are controlled by greed, all moral is left behind.

I think it was one of the old members of the Bitcoin community who created the first coin creator site, fully automating the process of coin creation. Why? Just to catalyze the inevitable outcome of the whole process the altcoin space is currently going through, a complete collapse. Maybe it will still take some more time to get there, but things are getting old quickly.

In the end progress can only be achieved by hard work, as the author of the article said, this hard work is not sexy and doesn't make a lot of money. Often the true visionaries are not rewarded at all.

Titan

lexicon

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:46:14 PM

I think it was one of the old members of the Bitcoin community who created the first coin creator site, fully automating the process of coin creation. Why? Just to catalyze the inevitable outcome of the whole process the altcoin space is currently going through, a complete collapse. Maybe it will still take some more time to get there, but things are getting old quickly.

In the end progress can only be achieved by hard work, as the author of the article said, this hard work is not sexy and doesn't make a lot of money. Often the true visionaries are not rewarded at all.

Titan

I agree with this statement. I think it's very possible that the automated coin creator will make it so if you want a coin to be successful, you have to add something new. There were 4 coins launched yesterday!

How much attention are they getting. The autocoincreator was the best thing that could have happened to the community IMO
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: