Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:10:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are stable coins?  (Read 18246 times)
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:33:01 AM

If you look closely the crypto market and compared it to stocks currencies and other valued and tradeable stuffs then you can see its high volatility. But if you are looking for a more stable coins inside the crypto market only then you can pick the top coins like bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin and others.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:34:37 AM

Well there is no stable coins because all cryptocurrencies has a volatile value is it may rise or fall from time to time so there is no stable coin in crypto.
Agaventy

Activity: 218
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:20:19 AM

Right now, there are no coins that can be termed as stable coins. This is because the market is still in a dip and it is slightly going for a bull run. It is happening but at a slow pace. On top of that, the price is fluctuating a lot.
wireless1889

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:36:26 AM

What are stable coins and why do we need them?
This is one topic that catch my attentions. I have this article about stable coins and they are attracting big league investors. Will quote some part of the article.
"stable coins are designed to keep their price fixed, making them immune to manipulation trading. It could be argued that price stability will help to bring about the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies, as they are seeming more reliable and, therefore, attractive to major financial players. The recent IBM deal — along with other investments mentioned in this article — partly confirm that assumption."

Three types of stable coins can be outlined, depending on the type of collateralization they entail.

1. Fiat-collateralized
2. Non-collateralized
3. Crypto-collateralized

To know more and read the detailed article. Pls chck this link.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/island-of-stability-stable-coins-keep-attracting-big-league-investors/amp

It is as simple as there is no permanent in lofe but change, bitcoin or other coins varies on its users therefore if people or the investors have stable thinking probably all coins may be stable. Even currency is not stable, it differs on value, on exchange and such. All in all, it is better to ise bitcoin in trading because of its potential, or somewhat it is good to invest in bitcoin.
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:44:11 AM

I never like stable coins or used it. I don't know why but I can't trust in it anyway. If I have to sell my BTC and wait, I always going for fiat trade.
ekeh

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:51:42 AM

Every Crypto coin has the function of fluctuating of price in the industries, which can not be predicted the price movements, because of the trading price fluctuations, therefore i still prefer bitcoin as a stable coin base on the session.
CryptoSimmonds

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:51:52 AM

coins which are not increasing price randomly or fall down i think called stable coin. Stable coin ensure that are more valuable for investor and it is committed to profit. Stable coin are more essential for crypto people.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:00:36 PM

Stronghold recently released USD stablecoin for stellar with IBM:
https://coincodex.com/article/2062/stronghold-releases-usd-stablecoin-for-stellar-partners-with-ibm/

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
MarchionessBold

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:11:27 PM

A stable coin is a coin that is connected with another stable asset for value addition which can be gold or even dollars etc. This allows crypto currency to be practically used in real life against expenditures of everyday life. Coins like ETH and BTC being severely volatile.
badaovodich

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:29:17 PM

A stable coin is a coin that is connected with another stable asset for value addition which can be gold or even dollars etc. This allows crypto currency to be practically used in real life against expenditures of everyday life. Coins like ETH and BTC being severely volatile.
Stable coins are needed in dozens of coins that appear on the market today. Because of its stability, we will be relieved in all the worst situations of trading.
Pujangga

Activity: 1078
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:37:14 PM

Cryptocurrencies use a decentralized system, so everything is never stable, if bitcoin can last up to 15 years from now or market has reached more than $ 10 trillion then bitcoin will be stable.
Stumbleupon

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:56:47 PM

Volatile market of currencies often scares the investors away, the main of aim stable coin is to create a stable market for currency trading where investor don't have to worry about losing all their assets. The three types of coins mentioned in the article should get stabilized as soon as possible to make the market better.
Prapatan

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:00:45 PM

maybe the one in the mean of the stable coin is the coin that goes up the price is not too far away, but that's my opinion, sorry I'm new here.
haanhictu

Activity: 1560

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:10:59 PM

any money has no way of developing it. If there is a good way to develop long term
nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:16:30 PM

This is one topic that catch my attentions. I have this article about stable coins and they are attracting big league investors. Will quote some part of the article.
"stable coins are designed to keep their price fixed, making them immune to manipulation trading. It could be argued that price stability will help to bring about the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies, as they are seeming more reliable and, therefore, attractive to major financial players. The recent IBM deal — along with other investments mentioned in this article — partly confirm that assumption."

Three types of stable coins can be outlined, depending on the type of collateralization they entail.

1. Fiat-collateralized
2. Non-collateralized
3. Crypto-collateralized

https://cointelegraph.com/news/island-of-stability-stable-coins-keep-attracting-big-league-investors/amp

I agree that stable coins are heavily helping crypto as it shows that the crypto currencies are only the tool that can represent anything, it's not only bitcoin. I support stable coins for sure

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
miniyou

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:22:11 PM

Stable coin define as a fixed price coin but this stable coins is not good for investors because they not get good returns. decentralized coins is volatile and they move according to market supply and demands. so if we think to invest in stable coins then we get only fixed income not good return on over investment so beneficial coin is decentralized coin because theie price is volatile.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:25:39 PM

If you look closely the crypto market and compared it to stocks currencies and other valued and tradeable stuffs then you can see its high volatility. But if you are looking for a more stable coins inside the crypto market only then you can pick the top coins like bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin and others.
We can really treat the giant coins as a stable one because for sure they can survive whatever happen in this market. Volatilty is very high with some other coins, traders love it but of course as a hodlers you want more a stable one that keeps on growing.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:25:44 PM

Currency stability depends mainly on whether the economy of the country is stable. At present, the relatively stable foreign currency has USD, Euro!
More than 80% of international trade and foreign exchange transactions use the US dollar as the currency of valuation. The US dollar is the most active currency and plays an absolutely important role in international trade and finance.
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:36:25 PM

1. Fiat-collateralized
2. Non-collateralized
3. Crypto-collateralized

I agree that stable coins are heavily helping crypto as it shows that the crypto currencies are only the tool that can represent anything, it's not only bitcoin. I support stable coins for sure

I also do that to support stable coins.
I know stable coins would having a big helps to crypto.
Represent anything, such as crypto collateralized.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Zeronic

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:16:56 PM

I think there is no stable coin in cryptocurrency because the price is very volatile.
But volatility is not a bad thing, you can make profit from it.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: