Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:14:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Einstein's theory was challenged by a Sri Lankan scientist....  (Read 239 times)
vphasitha01 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:45:48 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7)

As a Sri Lankan I am very proud what she has achieved at her age by being able to challenged one of Einstein's theory...

She is non other than "Asha de Vos", Sri Lankan marine biologist, ocean educator and pioneer of blue whale research within the Northern Indian Ocean. I would like to share one of her talk given at a local TEDx held back in 2014 which was very interesting. She opens us a different angle to see how the small shift of shipping route will reduse the number of whales killed by hitting the ships.

Link>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chuTDolbtwo
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:27:57 PM

LOL you literally gave me a thought that E=mc2 has proven wrong  Tongue
The clip was interesting and I ended up watching the whole TEDx video. It was a good talk.

Back to the point, you can not always say that everything Einstein said was serious. Come on guys, whatever he said need not to be taken so seriously. He was also a human like us. Give him a break!

What makes me wonder that, people actually spend time to do extensive research on this kind of topic based on what he said. May be Einstein made fun with the topic of age and great scientific discoveries.  

By the way, very good clickbait. If you notice then you will realize that on this talk the talker also used Einstein's this theory as her talkbait to make presentation interesting for the audience. Other than that, bring Einstein was not even relevant to her topic.
vphasitha01 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:09:57 PM

LOL you literally gave me a thought that E=mc2 has proven wrong  Tongue
Not literally, but in a CERN experiment, some of the physicists scientifically also proven that beam of neutrinos was travelled faster than light.  There is also some discrepancy regarding E=mc2 too Cheesy. So don't thrown away your thought. It can be true in near future.

Link>>>https://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/30/opinion/30iht-eddas30.html

The clip was interesting and I ended up watching the whole TEDx video. It was a good talk.
Actually it was a very good talk which made me to share with all the members.

Back to the point, you can not always say that everything Einstein said was serious.
Yeah he is a super human being human being too. I remembered one of his famous incident which we heard. One day he decided to make a hole through his door for the entrance to his small cat. Later he got another big cat at his home and he eventually made a large hole through door for large cat. That means two separate holes for small one and large one. That's makes sense he is a human Cheesy

By the way, very good clickbait. If you notice then you will realize that on this talk the talker also used Einstein's this theory as her talkbait to make presentation interesting for the audience. Other than that, bring Einstein was not even relevant to her topic.
Agreed she only bring Einstein as talkbait for her presentation as like me getting you for the thread for a conversation. Wink (Just kidding). I just only want to share the  points (actually she grabs the audience with her sharp skills of presentation) what she has been highlighted through her presentation.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:54:50 PM

Not literally, but in a CERN experiment, some of the physicists scientifically also proven that beam of neutrinos was travelled faster than light.

That was a known mistake in measurement https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light_neutrino_anomaly

Yes, he lived long time ago, he (as many scientist of his time) was wrong about many things.
Probably most notably about quantum physics.
b_oo

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:13:17 PM

The thread doesn't really make sense. You say that Einstein's theory (which one) was challenged by a Sri Lankan. His theories have been challenged before, so don't see the point of that. And then instead of posting any information about the challenge, you post a video about shipping.

I just saw the video, the Einstein quote is about if you haven't made a great contribution to science by age 30, then you probably never will, and you're taking that as an Einstein theory, with her saying don't let Einstein say you can't. You would had thought she was challenging the theory of relativity. E=mc^2.
vphasitha01 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:58:47 AM

The thread doesn't really make sense. You say that Einstein's theory (which one) was challenged by a Sri Lankan. His theories have been challenged before, so don't see the point of that. And then instead of posting any information about the challenge, you post a video about shipping.
The subject i used is just a clickbait mate and it's not a video about shipping but how the largest animal ever to lived on earth, Blue Whales were killed by stupid people. I just want to share this video at least it will get some attention towards these giants. (For the record, I didn't share anything blindly)

You would had thought she was challenging the theory of relativity. E=mc^2.
No, I wouldn't. But are you?
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:29:17 PM

I just saw the video, the Einstein quote is about if you haven't made a great contribution to science by age 30, then you probably never will, and you're taking that as an Einstein theory, with her saying don't let Einstein say you can't. You would had thought she was challenging the theory of relativity. E=mc^2.

yeah, this. Einstein had a lot of theories, but "if you haven't made a great contribution to science by age 30, then you probably never will" isnt a theory, just an off the cuff comment he made, probably in jest.

nothing wrong with challenging Einsteins various theories, thats how science works, and he has had theories proven wrong before, sometimes by himself IIRC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: