Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:59:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SOV Sovereign SHA256 PoW/PoS No Premine LAUNCHED 10 JULY 2014  (Read 25289 times)
Gologuzan

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:22:36 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 06:47:57 PM by Gologuzan

raskul can u help me a bit?

i have been mining on eliteminers.net for around 10 hours, was late 1 hour after launch. Sad
and my SOV Account Balance
Confirmed    0.000000
Unconfirmed    0.000000

and 1tera is pushing all that time....

can you help/explain me why and how?

thx.

P.S. i will dump them when they reach my imaginated price. same as zims.... and other coins. for zims that is 1zim=1$.
and for sov must be better then that.....Cheesy
raskul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:26:33 PM

I'm sorry raskul
you can wax lyrical as much as you want
but your arguments are bizare, flawed and make no sense

Any miner with half a brain will tell you
that its all very fine to have a coin that lasts fine

but the point of even having a coin is so that people will use it and support it

and quite frankly there is absolutly no incentive for anyone to mine this
people are what creates the coins value and not the coin,
and since the only people who will create that value for you are miners

then making sure that miners cannot even meet the minning costs seriously undermines the coin itself
and every single one of your arguments, as for you saying you only ever need one
then why 6.79 billion when only 5% of the world population will ever use this coin???

further for you to keep saying if you don't like it bugger off well thats what we will all do
no one will support a coin that miners themselves will not support

economy 101

miner + time + costs = value

no value = no miner

no miner = no coin

your whole premise is flawed and yes i'll stay away
and whats more i can guarentee you that everyone else will as well
unless they are either rich or raving loons
this is not a school project is it?

Aren't there enough coins out there already which do exactly the things you require in your above statement? in actual fact, many of them.
Yes, Sovereign is a tough nut to crack, and if you want to mine sovereigns, it'll be a challenge and a risk. No, this is not a school project.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
raskul (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:29:21 PM

i have been mining on eliteminers.net for around 10 hours, was late 1 hour after launch. Sad
Confirmed    0.000000
Unconfirmed    0.000000

thx.

P.S. i will dump them when they reach my imaginated price. same as zims.... and other coins. for zims that is 1zim=1$.

Sovereigns are working as expected, there may be small tweaks that can be done with difficulty retargeting but I don't see a huge issue which needs addressing. It was actually meant to be like this, and my advisory has always been, mine 1SOV and move your ASICs on.

afong9

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:32:48 PM

You're right raskul, I am a Chinese miner, is obsessed with money.
My 60T/HS monthly pay 43,000 yuan (about $ 7,000) electricity
There is no market for electronic coin let me go bankrupt if you are willing to pay for electricity for me, I will not ask coin prices.
I'm sorry, good luck.
Gologuzan

Activity: 161

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:46:08 PM

Confirmed    0.000000
Unconfirmed    0.000000

thx.

Sovereigns are working as expected, there may be small tweaks that can be done with difficulty retargeting but I don't see a huge issue which needs addressing. It was actually meant to be like this, and my advisory has always been, mine 1SOV and move your ASICs on.

i can understand that you wana make hard to crack coin. but should not i see at least 0.0000001 unconfirmed coin? i know that there are some miners with ~ 0.1 sov buy now. and they have 1 tera as me..... but different pool.

so i was just asking is this pool ok? will i get that 1 sov at the end on this pool or should i move to another one?

are we elitminers stuck on one block that we will never finish or is it orphan? or some other prob?
or everything is working perfectly?

thx.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:55:49 PM

lets see have the exchange price the coin, coin aint worth shit waste of time, SVC? god.
BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 07:13:44 PM

1SOV. all you ever need.

why? I mined all night and didn't even get one!!! LOL

~ what is the purpose of this coin?

The purpose of this coin is to stay alive, long into the future, but this will depend, not on the coin itself, nor it's statistical algorithms but in the people who believe in it. it's been designed to be the toughest nut to crack. enjoy.

so just an experiment? right on: now i'm a rocket scientist...:-)

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:20:51 PM

Raskul, could you look into if there is something stuck in the backend at block 29 (server or blockchain issue)?
afong9

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:22:19 PM

Raskul, you are a talent
all miner experiment white mouse~~!
very good!!!
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:23:06 PM

Due to the nature of this coin, I would suggest a couple of things. One for the Dev team, and one for the miners.
On the mining side, I highly recommend using the balance option in your mining software. If the majority of us set it at a 1/3 balance, whilst mining something of more immediate profit with the other two thirds, the difficulty wouldn't get so crazy.

For the devs, consider making the coin merge minable. This would fit well with the long block times and overall goals.
raskul (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:40:49 PM

Raskul, could you look into if there is something stuck in the backend at block 29 (server or blockchain issue)?

yes it seems block 29 is stuck. i'll ask CG to investigate the issue.
apologies for the inconvenience.

zeliangw

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:57:25 PM

i'am out

Let's color the MOON:Y9N4txhZwH1t6iDN51cFKrxxg4BJPZM9tr
martinyin

Activity: 512
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:39:53 AM

seems block 29 is really a hard nut to crack, the whole net is being stuck in there for more than 10 hours?

maybe i could expect some easy blocks coming through next.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:44:18 AM

seems block 29 is really a hard nut to crack, the whole net is being stuck in there for more than 10 hours?

maybe i could expect some easy blocks coming through next.
LLLLOLLLL

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
HunterS

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:13:46 AM

the net hashes have really drop off now.still at 40 to 50 t/h but was way higher at launch.i want to mine this coin but i think it needs alittle tweaking.just something to fix difficulty and block time.guys dont forget its 100% PoS over a year which is really good if u can get just a few coins in walllet.than we will see some coins in circulation.it wont take 40 years lol.

martinyin

Activity: 512

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:28:22 AM

CG's not up yet? or he's working on it?

can we just forget about block 29 and go to block 30 directly Grin

Am I spamming? Report me!
raskul (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:48:39 AM

the net hashes have really drop off now.still at 40 to 50 t/h but was way higher at launch.i want to mine this coin but i think it needs alittle tweaking.just something to fix difficulty and block time.guys dont forget its 100% PoS over a year which is really good if u can get just a few coins in walllet.than we will see some coins in circulation.it wont take 40 years lol.

Thanks for understanding the method, and of course, your patience in the launch. There are small issues which we need to iron out, including difficulty retargets. Real life issues are currently getting in the way, but hey... we have plenty of time to get it fixed. And yes, the whole point of SOV is that ther is never any need to mine many. The length of the coin should advise;

"People who cannot understand why you would design ANYTHING to last a generation probably should remain in grade school." - Biomech.

Grin

raskul (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:49:11 AM

CG's not up yet? or he's working on it?

can we just forget about block 29 and go to block 30 directly Grin

haven't heard from him yet, will keep everyone posted on fixes as they happen. thanks for your patience and understanding.

k!lowatts

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:19:53 AM

so damn slow transaction ,imagine  if i use this coins to buy something from the net or trade with btc , imagining waiting for maybe a minimum of an hour half just to get a full confirmation, might be longer since 1 block with target difficulty keep changing , for eg. block 38- 39  required like at least 10 hrs for that comfirmation.
so 10 hrs x 8 blocks = 80 hrs , almost 3+ days for a comfirmed transaction .

This coin is joke in terms of quick , efficient  , carbon friendly and  value.

e5iS8ibLHqEX3HagxcS3DrZxyvkhUoUcfN - Energycoin
DJgywHCTvQ4Auo3MJrP3pYdCbzftU4T3kk - Mastiffcoin
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:32:08 AM

Anyone else having issues at Eliteminer?

Can't login, locks account; reset account; locks again immediately; change password (as instructed); locks again.  Raised a ticket yesterday with no response.  Now it looks as though their automated emails aren't being sent - i.e. no response to a password reset request.  Not really bothered about the 1 Sovoshi or whatever it is I have there, but would be nice to sort out.

And re. the blocks, Hardcoreminers shows both the current block and the last solved block as 29.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: