Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Already In accordance with Islamic Sharia?  (Read 88 times)
Ravenzy666 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:56:46 PM

The development of digital currencies such as Bitcoin increasingly widespread makes the publishers began to target the market with the majority of the Muslim population seriously.

Stellar, a blockchain-based platform, has just received certification that makes its published cryptocurrency judged to be in compliance with the Islamic Shari'a.

Lumens (XLM), thus the name of the digital currency owned by the platform from San Francisco, United States. Currently, Lumens is the seventh largest cryptocurrency in the world.

Based on data from CoinMarketCap, its capitalization has now reached USD 5 billion or around Rp 72 trillion.

Until now, Bitcoin is still the most superior digital currency with a capitalization of USD 127.8 billion, or about Rp 1.842 trillion.

The second and third places occupied by Ethereum and Ripple with each capitalization reached USD 51 billion (Rp 736 trillion) and USD 20 billion (Rp 291 trillion).

Lisa Nestor, Stellar's Director of Partnership, said it had held discussions with the Bahrain Economic Development Board, an organization that attracted foreign investments in the country last year. That is what initiated the certification of Islamic law for Stellar.

Is the Shariyah Review Bureau (SRB), the firm that certifies for the blockchain platform. SRB itself has got a license from Bahrain's central bank.

What is your opinion?
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:11:46 PM

In my country (Indonesia) With the biggest muslim popluation that are still debated, From the side of the MUI (Indonesian Ulema Council) actually they said bitcoin is halal, but on another side still say that bitcoin is haram (Riba). But I think bitcoin is halal or fulfill Islamic shari'a.

Reference: https://cointelegraph.com/news/is-bitcoin-alal-how-cryptocurrency-conforms-with-islam-and-sharia

Stellar, a blockchain-based platform, has just received certification that makes its published cryptocurrency judged to be in compliance with the Islamic Shari'a.
Can you give me link to this news?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: