Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:31:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Samsung - CopPay partnership  (Read 146 times)
proo7 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:43:44 AM

https://www.facebook.com/CopPay/posts/2152225658152683

According to the reports, a tech giant Samsung teamed up with a Lithuanian company CopPay that allows its customers to pay with cryptocurrencies. Now, the residents of three Baltic states (Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia) can purchase any available Samsung products with the help of the aforementioned service.
‘Cryptofying’ businesses

CopPay made an announcement about its cooperation with Samsung on its official Facebook page. Despite the fact there is only one Samsung store in Lithuania, the company emphasizes that it is a crucially important step on the way to ‘cryptofying’ businesses around the globe. Experts expect that many companies will follow the suit in the future, as eToro predicts that as soon as in 10 years cryptocurrencies will become the most widespread means of payment.

Apart from Bitcoin, customers will be able to pay for TVs, smartphones, laptops and other Samsung gadgets with the help of Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, NEM and Dash. CopPay states that Samsung’s online stores will start accepting cryptocurrency payments as well in the nearest future.

Samsung has been eyeing crypto for a long time, so this now the first occasion when this multinational South Korean corporation is involved in such a partnership. In April 2018, Samsung Electronics made an announcement about developing ASIC chips for Halong Mining, most influential company in Bitcoin mining after Bitmain. Samsung’s partnership with Halong Mining turned out to be a big success: the tech giant experienced a sudden surge (up by almost 60 percent) in Q1 profit due to a high demand for Bitcoin mining chips.

On top of that, Samsung also recognized the potential of implementing new Blockchain technologies. The electronics giant is mulling over the utilization Blockchain in the shipping industry which would supposedly reduce the shipping cost by as much as 20 percent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HumberGuns

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:57:01 AM

I heard this news today. It seems really interesting that a big colossus like Samsung is partnering with CopPay that actually I never heard anyone talk about. Anyway good news!!!
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:46:48 AM

Before there's a news that they are building chips for bitcoin mining and now they are partnering with CopPay.

I've searched first some related news about this because this can be another fake news but it has been all over different news website so I can say that this is legit.

Way to go Samsung, I hope other big tech companies will be inspired by this move.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Dayattaufik

Activity: 602
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:09:23 AM

this is very good this information means the progress of samsung is good enough so that can mingle or have cooperation for cryptocurrency world, does Samsung also issue its bounty.
Peterdav

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:26:14 AM

This will be good news, this will make it easier for customers especially customer Samsung in making payment with cryptocurrency.
ConPay

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Cryptofying your business

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:45:38 AM

CopPay's CEO Official Statement about Samsung and CopPay collaboration.

The latest update: https://goo.gl/gbfQ24
Love1989

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:57:55 AM

this is good news, as we know samsung is a technological giant from korea with the users of almost all of the world population. this means that cryptocurrency is increasingly recognized and known to the world community. I am glad to hear it.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:03:18 AM

LOL. the news doesn't get any more fake than this Cheesy
https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/23/samsung-coppay-cryptocurrency-baltics/

a couple of days ago when this came out i was completely skeptical about it and now we see how Samsung denied their lies. they are NOT accepting cryptocurrencies anywhere including Baltic states.
it is really pathetic how these sites just keep on making fake news desperately trying to pump altcoins that continue getting dumped hard because bitcoin is rising!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:10:35 AM

LOL. the news doesn't get any more fake than this Cheesy
https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/23/samsung-coppay-cryptocurrency-baltics/

a couple of days ago when this came out i was completely skeptical about it and now we see how Samsung denied their lies. they are NOT accepting cryptocurrencies anywhere including Baltic states.
it is really pathetic how these sites just keep on making fake news desperately trying to pump altcoins that continue getting dumped hard because bitcoin is rising!
It is obvious most media sites these days really do not bother spreading fake news as long as they feel the news is good enough to generate a lot of traffic to their website. Welcome to the world where any one can just open a news blog site and start putting whatever they feel like without any single journalism knowledge or skill. It is not the first time we get to see such fake news about big giants partnership in relation to the crypto space and I am sure it won't be the last.
kingsmanpower

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:33:02 PM

When these two companies cooperate.
I believe that's pretty cool news, promising the market will uptrend.
I hope next time there is good information !!!
Valay9836

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:23:52 PM

This is a very good sign . if such business sharks are included in the crypto-currency market, this is a good sign
Ridzik111

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:31:26 PM

Samsung is one of the largest companies that joined the ranks of the crypt. This is seryozdno. I think a few more cool companies that will join the crypt, and the crypt market will come out of the red strip. Soon there will be a green strip.
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:33:17 PM

https://www.facebook.com/CopPay/posts/2152225658152683

According to the reports, a tech giant Samsung teamed up with a Lithuanian company CopPay that allows its customers to pay with cryptocurrencies. Now, the residents of three Baltic states (Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia) can purchase any available Samsung products with the help of the aforementioned service.
‘Cryptofying’ businesses

CopPay made an announcement about its cooperation with Samsung on its official Facebook page. Despite the fact there is only one Samsung store in Lithuania, the company emphasizes that it is a crucially important step on the way to ‘cryptofying’ businesses around the globe. Experts expect that many companies will follow the suit in the future, as eToro predicts that as soon as in 10 years cryptocurrencies will become the most widespread means of payment.

Apart from Bitcoin, customers will be able to pay for TVs, smartphones, laptops and other Samsung gadgets with the help of Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, NEM and Dash. CopPay states that Samsung’s online stores will start accepting cryptocurrency payments as well in the nearest future.

Samsung has been eyeing crypto for a long time, so this now the first occasion when this multinational South Korean corporation is involved in such a partnership. In April 2018, Samsung Electronics made an announcement about developing ASIC chips for Halong Mining, most influential company in Bitcoin mining after Bitmain. Samsung’s partnership with Halong Mining turned out to be a big success: the tech giant experienced a sudden surge (up by almost 60 percent) in Q1 profit due to a high demand for Bitcoin mining chips.

On top of that, Samsung also recognized the potential of implementing new Blockchain technologies. The electronics giant is mulling over the utilization Blockchain in the shipping industry which would supposedly reduce the shipping cost by as much as 20 percent.

another setp toward crypto adoption by a tech giant but how they will deal with the volatility of the crypto if they will make high losses due to market dips then i fear that no other companies are going to make the same move

mu86268722

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:41:31 AM

When I heard that the technology giant Samsung and the Lithuanian company CopPay are very happy, this is a very good sign. It is a win-win move that will inspire other large technology companies and will greatly promote the development of the cryptocurrency market.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: