Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:24:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what profit do you need to close the long position?  (Read 2113 times)
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:38:18 PM

If you are a long-term holder, what profit do you need to close the position?
For example, I need a minimum of + 400%
We can't closely state the amount due to market volatility, as profits percentage will varies when it moves. The most important thing is that you have earned something even if it is just small amount as you are expecting to gain. And I also give doubt on long term holder will make a big shoot since market isn't like before.
sumanto

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:45:53 AM

yes you are right I agree with you at least I have to need + 350% I already have enough and I have to be able to take advantage of cryptocurrency price movements as best as possible to get profit.
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:52:53 AM

I think I will not need a percentage of profits. When I invest in any long term altcoin, I will set the norm. For example, I have invested in $ 2k. I want 2 years later that value will have to increase to 8k $.
If the price goes up before 2 years, I will sell it because it has reached the target. That is my investment strategy and hope it will help you.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:02:13 AM

For long term hold my target profit is minimum 10 times profit, i was missing opportunity to make big profit last year which mostly all crypto going up to 30 to 100 times from september to december. That just 4 month , i think the same bull market will come later because total market cap of crypto is very low compared stocks market.
maydna

Activity: 2954
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:07:57 AM

every trader has different target profit to close the position. we need to see the buy order on our history then we can determine how much price we need to sell for making a profit. for me, I think I need 5x or 7x to close the position because some of my coins have decreased very deep so if I don't see the increasing of the price for about 5, I won't sell it. but the other coins, I only need 2x for the price so I can make a profit and with 2x of the increase, I can reach BEP and plus I can get profit. but I won't reject if somehow the price can increase more than 10x Grin

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:41:24 AM

I think I will not need a percentage of profits. When I invest in any long term altcoin, I will set the norm. For example, I have invested in $ 2k. I want 2 years later that value will have to increase to 8k $.
If the price goes up before 2 years, I will sell it because it has reached the target. That is my investment strategy and hope it will help you.
Yeah the target needs to be made so that when you hold it for the long term you won't be confused until when you will hold it, the price target must also be in accordance with the circumstances and future of the coin market, don't let you make a price target that is difficult to achieve
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:47:18 AM

That's crazy high mate. I cant imagine +400% to be taken as profits because that will take very much long time. I mean that will become too much long position to be honest, and with the current bear and bull fight it can become too hard to digest. There is no way one can gain 400% in such market or not at least on the year 2018 where crypto currencies have seen worst of the bitcoin and altcoins.
For me the simple formula to win this market is, staying low! What I mean with this is simple fact, you just grab few % ranging from the 10% to 30% max which is completely doable thing and do it over and over to earn higher.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:07:19 AM

That's crazy high mate. I cant imagine +400% to be taken as profits because that will take very much long time. I mean that will become too much long position to be honest, and with the current bear and bull fight it can become too hard to digest. There is no way one can gain 400% in such market or not at least on the year 2018 where crypto currencies have seen worst of the bitcoin and altcoins.
For me the simple formula to win this market is, staying low! What I mean with this is simple fact, you just grab few % ranging from the 10% to 30% max which is completely doable thing and do it over and over to earn higher.

since he is a holder and wants to hold ofcourse and he is asking for a percentage rate when you are ready to sell your coin that 400% is not impossible to happen since the market of bitcoin is too low as of now ad when you look unto the past highest value of it it can really happen it can range to 300 to 400% but it will really take time.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:54:16 AM

For long term hold my target profit is minimum 10 times profit, i was missing opportunity to make big profit last year which mostly all crypto going up to 30 to 100 times from september to december. That just 4 month , i think the same bull market will come later because total market cap of crypto is very low compared stocks market.
This will depend on our target profit, for me I'm also good with 10x higher than my capital so I keep on holding bitcoin and other good coins. Its true that the market last year is an opportunity to sold your coins/token but a lot of people missed that opportunity, and it includes me also. Time will come again and bull market will happen again, lets wait for it.
Cassidyblaze55

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:01:30 PM

As a long term investor, what I do is that, whenever I make a minimum of 200% of profits, I close half position so as to ensure I have gotten my capital back and I now leave the rest and ride with it.
wxa7115

Activity: 2744
Merit: 707

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:15:18 PM

I do not have a minimum or maximum profit that I need to take when it comes to selling my coins, while I am mostly a long term trader that doesn't mean that I do not know anything about trading and to me it is a mistake to have a minimum threshold to sell your coins, I let the market tell me when it is the right time to sell my coins.

Sometimes you will need to close a trade as soon as you make it because the market suddenly moved in a direction that you were not expecting and you are fine by just breaking even, but there are sometimes in which the coin could skyrocket and you do not want to sell your coins too soon and lose a significant portion of the profits just because you sold too soon.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:53:54 AM

This will depend on our target profit, for me I'm also good with 10x higher than my capital so I keep on holding bitcoin and other good coins. Its true that the market last year is an opportunity to sold your coins/token but a lot of people missed that opportunity, and it includes me also. Time will come again and bull market will happen again, lets wait for it.

Well you have to go for at least that if you plan on going long since you'll be using a lot of time for it. Though i think there will be less high shoot ups for prices like 10x or more these days unless you manage to get in on a successful ico.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:04:31 AM

It is always better to trade when got profit, holding can't loss chance to earn time by time. And some coins are really hard to reach that percentage. Do not put any limits, just ride on the flow. Buy low sell high, for every every opportunity, grab it
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:12:25 AM

I started investing in bitcoin since 2015 ago, and about profit I didn't specify the amount I wanted or I didn't sell bitcoin when I was at a high price I only saved and sold a portion if there was a need. Agreed with someone who I sell and buy bitcoin depends on potential, if good potential and see bitcoin will be needed by many people then I will hold the bitcoin that I have until it happens. However, the way to invest will always be different for each investor, I just tell you my strategy when I was investing on bitcoin.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
manggis97

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:11:18 AM

For current situation of market  is hard to make big profit because not any new money come in to the  market  so to get profit in consistently we should be take profit betweem 10% to 30% pertrade and stop loss 6%. Since there no any big good news, the crypto will move just like now. But when any big news we can make target profit minimum 30% pertrade and maximum 1000%.

Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:22:04 PM

It depends on how long is the long position, remember greed is a killer in a business like this, get out at a comfortable level and reposition, personally I think 100% within 3 Months of wait is a good one

chamika888

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:41:11 AM

i normally do not keep much hope in amount gained for one year i expect around 50%.of im happy i will start to sell at small quantities to get price average.
sambel90129

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:03:24 AM

there is no profit target in the world of trade, because we expect a lot of profit but what we get is usually the opposite, so if the value of the coin we buy has gone up even though it will be a little better if we sell it and of course we have gotten good enough, don't be too greedy in seeking profit ... because cryptocyrrency prices are very unstable, don't wait for prices to rise too high ,,
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:57:48 AM

yes you are right I agree with you at least I have to need + 350% I already have enough and I have to be able to take advantage of cryptocurrency price movements as best as possible to get profit.

What makes you think that this is right. I dont agree upon this heavy loads of profits. They are impossible to achieve as long as there is no overhyping of the crypto currencies like that happened back in December 2017. This is not possible for many reason, because what you expecting is more than 100% and its even impossible in the crypto that they will give us quick 100% ROI's. You have to wait for the right opportunity and right time to buy and sell to cut through those profits. Even holding will take tough time grabbing those profits as long as they dont get overhyped mate.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:11:13 AM

You have your profit limit as when it reaches that limit, you can close your long positions. No one can advice you as to know when to close your positions. You are the one that would be able to close your positions when the profit is satisfactory
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: