Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:19:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investment strategy  (Read 332 times)
virendarnagpal (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:20:26 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2018, 03:44:17 AM by virendarnagpal

Bitcoin price seems to be taking u turn.  Few months back it fell from the heights of the sky, if not to the depth of the sea; but certainly to the levels of earth.  Many investors burnt their fingures in this dive.  Many new investors have to face big loses which they hope to recover when price rises.

I have little experience in stocks markets and the circumstances here in bitcoin / crypto currency market are not much different.  So I share my views here.  May be some members having better opinions / views / experience; are welcome to share with all'

Now after long recession in the market; bitcoin has started looking upwards.  In my opinion this is the time when one should enter in the market.  If you are interested in medium term investment; you should start now.  Because once the price rise to higher levels coins will be costing you higher.

First of all this market is full of speculations.  So you may gain big profits but at the same times be ready for loss.  Check your surplus funds which if lost does not affect your daily life.  And you are able to meet your daily expenses without burden.

Never use borrowed funds ; because time of return is not fixed.  You may gain in 15 day and it may take months to gain that much amount.  Never pledge / sell your home at any cost; because home is must to live in but without bitcoin we can survive.  I am noting this point here because on many occassions I read few posts asking "Shall I sell my home to invest in bitcoin".

Now suppose you are capable to buy 10 bitcoins with your surplus funds.  You buy it suppose @ $7 k means you spent $70k for buying plus charges.  Now you just keep pateince.  Because it seems start of bull run; just keep watching.  

Suppose the prices crosses & 14k in the month of December this year.  The best action as per my opinion will be you just sell 5 btc @ 14k and cover your entire investment.

Now the remaining bitcoins in your wallet are just free for you.  You are free to take any type of risk with these bitcoins.

One more point need to be noted is ; never put all the eggs in one basket; invest prudently in diversified portfolios.  

Your comments welcome;  All the best wishes to all the friends on bitcoin forum  Grin.  Pardon if I am wrong

Edit
sorry I wrote that remaining five bitcoins are free to you.  these are not free ; you earned it after taking risk ; with intelligence and patience.  mistake corrected  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 01:44:17 PM

Your words are correct but building an investment plan/strategy based on the start of the rally in price is not a good plan, prices are currently rising, but there are no signs of continuing this rise as the correction expectations considered.
Concerning loans, you are right.
Your strategy is simple and ideal so do not expect it to happen and do not consider that the cryptocurrency market is so easy.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
virendarnagpal (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:06:09 PM

Your words are correct but building an investment plan/strategy based on the start of the rally in price is not a good plan, prices are currently rising, but there are no signs of continuing this rise as the correction expectations considered.
Your strategy is simple and ideal so do not expect it to happen and do not consider that the cryptocurrency market is so easy.

Yes you are very right that this market is not so easy.  All the times there is fear of losing our initial investment.  But higher the risk higher the profit.  Few more opinions from other members will increase my knowledge too. 
kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 02:10:40 PM

Yes, you just shared your opinion. I like the idea at end of your opinion. Yes, we must be free from risk if we get a chance to take our investment. If we see our investment grew up to 3x to 4x then you should take your investment if you are afraid of your capital.

xitrum

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:30:19 PM

Bitcoin price seems to be taking u turn.  Few months back it fell from the heights of the sky, if not to the depth of the sea; but certainly to the levels of earth.  Many investors burnt their fingures in this dive.  Many new investors have to face big loses which they hope to recover when price rises.

I have little experience in stocks markets and the circumstances here in bitcoin / crypto currency market are not much different.  So I share my views here.  May be some members having better opinions / views / experience; are welcome to share with all'

Now after long recession in the market; bitcoin has started looking upwards.  In my opinion this is the time when one should enter in the market.  If you are interested in medium term investment; you should start now.  Because once the price rise to higher levels coins will be costing you higher.

First of all this market is full of speculations.  So you may gain big profits but at the same times be ready for loss.  Check your surplus funds which if lost does not affect your daily life.  And you are able to meet your daily expenses without burden.

Never use borrowed funds ; because time of return is not fixed.  You may gain in 15 day and it may take months to gain that much amount.  Never pledge / sell your home at any cost; because home is must to live in but without bitcoin we can survive.  I am noting this point here because on many occassions I read few posts asking "Shall I sell my home to invest in bitcoin".

Now suppose you are capable to buy 10 bitcoins with your surplus funds.  You buy it suppose @ $7 k means you spent $70k for buying plus charges.  Now you just keep pateince.  Because it seems start of bull run; just keep watching.  

Suppose the prices crosses & 14k in the month of December this year.  The best action as per my opinion will be you just sell 5 btc @ 14k and cover your entire investment.

Now the remaining bitcoins in your wallet are just free for you.  You are free to take any type of risk with these bitcoins.

One more point need to be noted is ; never put all the eggs in one basket; invest prudently in diversified portfolios.  

Your comments welcome;  All the best wishes to all the friends on bitcoin forum  Grin.  Pardon if I am wrong
I think that at this point you should not be bitcoin at the moment, you can see that bitcoin prices have been increasing steadily over the past few years and now are showing signs of slowing down and slightly decreasing. Currently bitcoin is adjusting at $ 7,700 and still going down slightly, I believe you should wait and buy bitcoin at $ 6800, this is a very strong support level and will help boost bitcoin prices.

denisaardelean

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:07:09 PM

At this point I think you should only invest in short term and just buy bitcoin at this point, you can see that the market is bearish in the long run. The price of bitcoin and altcoin is constantly changing and difficult to predict, the current time market is moving hard to guess so you should only short-term investment in bitcoin.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:54:35 PM

Yes, indeed most people expect a very good investment strategy hoping to be profitable for the next few months, crypto market is not the same as other stock markets, crypto market is very risky price fluctuations where the value can go down or rise very quickly not with the value of other stocks very strong up and down slowly and tend to be long, with this increase is not unusual and will continue to increase, risky to fall back confidence people very low they are afraid to repeat the same mistake, I am here just thinking realistically.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:41:00 PM

I've seen similar topics in 12 april after pump from 6800 to 8000 we crashed downtrend, resistance and loots of AT bullshit. Soo manny investors was catching bitcoin at 9000 and 9500 writing here that it is last chance and after 1,5 month we have new dip at 5800. If i didnt have bitcoin i would buy it now (because i feel unsafe on fiat only) but only with 20-30% of my money i have prepeared for investment into bitcoin and w8 for 6k for another 30% and then at 5500-6500 another 30%.

I dont thing that it is good strategy to w8 for 100% profit than sell half and take any risk with rest because:

1- market dont know where is your 100%. If market is slowly getting strength than i wont sell even with 200% profit. If market is getting ready for dump and im at 30% profit i would sell with 30% profit.
2- Free money are also money. Taking too much risk with them will burn them. Imagine that you bought bitcoin for 1$ for 10 000 $. Now you have 70 mil dolars and you just read your post. You sell 1,5 bitcoin for 10 000 $ and with 69 990 000$ free money you take any risk without thinking jumping into ICO and loosing all. No problem - it was free money

After getting experience you would realise that your entry price does not matter. You should forget about it as soon as you finished transaction. If your prediction is sounth than you should sell. If north than you should buy more. Thinking all the time about entry price makes you doing stupid things like "my prediction as a trader is that price is going to be dumped but i wont sell beacuse i bought higher" and you were right and you are now on big loss.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:10:39 PM

Now after long recession in the market; bitcoin has started looking upwards.  In my opinion this is the time when one should enter in the market.  If you are interested in medium term investment; you should start now. Because once the price rise to higher levels coins will be costing you higher.
This time indeed is a good time to enter the market but it ain't the best. IMO, the best time one has got to enter the market is when a coin(especially coins that have a solid background and have real use cases) has been severely dumped from an all-time high. You might wait long but it would surely be profitable if you wait long enough.
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:15:57 PM

Now after long recession in the market; bitcoin has started looking upwards.  In my opinion this is the time when one should enter in the market.  If you are interested in medium term investment; you should start now. Because once the price rise to higher levels coins will be costing you higher.
This time indeed is a good time to enter the market but it ain't the best. IMO, the best time one has got to enter the market is when a coin(especially coins that have a solid background and have real use cases) has been severely dumped from an all-time high. You might wait long but it would surely be profitable if you wait long enough.

Medium to Long term investment, I think bitcoin is one of the best. Of course, the best time is to enter when the price is really low so that you can buy it cheap like today. Yes, it has fallen from as high as $20K. And we never thought that it will make a comeback. However, it slowly showing signs of recovery so we need to enter today and just ride the waves and perhaps we can still salvage this year and reach all-time-highs again.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Phantomberry

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:22:05 AM

I agree with you on that investment today is risky but if you put trust and confident of what you invest it would bring a lots of profits and learnings.
znaneswar

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:59:34 AM

Yeah the first crypto rule is never invest more than you are willing to loose.
Everyones strategy in crypto is at the end of the day we must free from risk with good profits. In crypto, Higher the risk. Higher the profits.There is nothing wrong with being a long term holder. However, diversification of risky investments, especially when your paper-profit becomes a huge part of your overall portfolio, is wise. After getting profits taking initial investment back is very good idea so there will be zero risk so you can trade only with outside money. 
Some people joining in pump and dump groups and loosing 30-80 percent of money.
Always trading with stop-loss is good idea now some exchanges like binance supporting stop-loss feature.
kojoannan

Activity: 294

www.daxico.com

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:16:43 AM

Your investment strategy is the same old aged story of buy and hodl. What if by december the bitcoin price is still trading below 7000, it means the strategy has made loses while waiting for months.

nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:20:36 AM

That's the basic strategy, people have different action but as long still profitable, little change is fine. Investment strategy mostly only buy top 1 - 3 from the list, using martiangle money management and wait at least 1 year to take profit. Investment look easier than trade but take and split fund is hard, specially when we see one coin go up & up again, there's big interesting to buy it in big number and that's wrong split is important. Keep going and never forget your stop loss.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Bitguybillionaire

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:26:28 AM

Huge black is right, there is no way to know that the market is truly making this 'u-turn' that you seem so sure of. The market is a beast, one which can't be predicted in the least. One which will take your money and burn it all when you attempt to time it, or use leverage, or use an unnecessary amount of risk. If you want to TRULY be smart in the market you're going to have to go in for the long game -- which is the only game which has worked up to current in making people a profit (and a substantial one at that) overtime. I also wouldn't be making most of my investments in Crypto, but that's just me.... I'd much rather dedicate a small percentage here if anything.

●                                                     Z I X X                                                     ●
[    DISCORD    ]  [    TWITTER    ]  [ ANN THREAD ]  [   FACEBOOK   ]
|   Automated Shared MNs   |  80% Masternode Rewards  |   Highest "Locked %"  |
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:45:31 AM

Edit
sorry I wrote that remaining five bitcoins are free to you.  these are not free ; you earned it after taking risk ; with intelligence and patience.  mistake corrected  Smiley

I have already invested on Bitcoin when it was on its 6k levels. And I am really hoping that this is the start of the bull market. People nowadays really expect that to happen.
virendarnagpal (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:22:47 AM

Edit

I have already invested on Bitcoin when it was on its 6k levels. And I am really hoping that this is the start of the bull market. People nowadays really expect that to happen.
I  am +90% sure that your decision and time of entry both are right.  Rest depends on patience .  I hope for the best.
Skrillhabib007

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:34:32 AM

In finance, an investment strategy is a set of rules, behaviors or procedures, designed to guide an investor's selection of an investment portfolio. Individuals have different profit objectives, and their individual skills make different tactics and strategies appropriate.[1] Some choices involve a tradeoff between risk and return. Most investors fall somewhere in between, accepting some risk for the expectation of higher returns.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:40:05 AM

I agree with you on that investment today is risky but if you put trust and confident of what you invest it would bring a lots of profits and learnings.
Investing is very risky, especially in a market where a lot of hype people are also scammers. Risk will always there, at any investment but you must trust the things that you think is right. Don't invest without your proper research, don't listen to anyone and to lessen the risk in this market invest only with a great coins.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:09:42 PM

Sure thing is, the bull run is coming. That is why your investment strategy seems to work well for you,. Yes, we have different styles and strategies when talking about investing in cryptoccurency. But there is no problem if we consider yours and follow your way.  I am focusing now on the market as i can see my investments are now profiting bec. Of the bull market.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: